on atkins, what's ok to drink?

bumcat

DIS Veteran
On atkins, what's ok to drink?

I don't care for coffee, tea or club soda and am a little confused on what is ok?

I have been addicted to dr pepper forever and have not had one in 3 days.

I drink plenty of water but would like something diff?

Diet soda is sort of ok. Some people don't have a problem with it, others do. It depends on how your body reacts to the artificial sweetner.

I drink iced tea sometimes. Splenda is a good artificial sweetener for that, if you need one.

I mostly stick to water, sorry!

Be sure to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water each day! (example: if you weigh 150 lbs, drink 75 oz. water).

Otherwise, I really like Diet Rite! It comes in different flavors (cola, white grape/kiwi, etc) and it's sweetened with Splenda instead of Aspartame! Much better for you! Some people report stalling because of Aspartame (Nutrisweet).

I also use Splenda to make ice tea or Koolaid.

But, water is always the best. :D

I have been doing Atkins for 2 weeks today. I always drank diet coke but gave it up cold turkey on day 1. Does anyone else still drink it and continue to lose weight? I got some very fine Fruit2o and it was sweetend by Splenda. Tastes pretty good. Its plain water , not carbonated.

yesterday i finished the induction and lost 7lbs yippee!! now ive started the owl stage i didnt think i would last this long but finding it quite easy i like the flavoured spring waters with no carbs so you could try these also has anyone did the induction then went on with a counting calories diet or low fat one and if so how did it go? good luck everyone and keep up the good work!
margaret.

Banjo: Congratulations on your 7 pounds!!! :D :D

I've had fruit2o also, and it's very good!

CONGRATULATIONS BANJO!!!

I just started Atkins yesterday. I will have to look for the Fruit2o and the Diet Rite. Im trying to drink plenty of water but the amount they want you to drink would make me nauseated. I just cant do that much straight water. Ive been looking for something that isnt caffinated and contains Splenda. I will look for those two in the grocery stores here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter