? on eBay Low feed back buyer..

SueInBoston

DIS Veteran
I listed a sought after item on eBay ending today. It has done really well and I think the last bid is the most i will get for this item. However the highest bidder has only 1 feedback, altho positive. I did not specify that I will only accept bids from bidders with x numbers of positive feed backs, is it too late for me to add that now? ALso...other than making sure paypal payment, shipping insurance & signature confirmation, anything else I can do to protect myself?

TIA

Don't forget, if your low-feedback bidder ends up not paying, since you already have other bidders interested, you'd be able to make a 2nd chance offer to the next-highest bidder. So you should be covered either way.

You can't change anything on your listing now, but...

People who require X-amount of feedback from bidders are stupid. I only occasionally buy from ebay so I only have maybe 10 feedback if even that, but I pay within 1 HOUR of winning the item. Judging a buyer based on a small number of feedback is wrong and unfair. It is different if they have poor feedback (as in 1-star) but an occasional buyer shouldn't be discriminated against. How else would us occasional buyers purchase anything and get feedback if you all put requirements like that??

You can't change anything on your listing now, but...

People who require X-amount of feedback from bidders are stupid. I only occasionally buy from ebay so I only have maybe 10 feedback if even that, but I pay within 1 HOUR of winning the item. Judging a buyer based on a small number of feedback is wrong and unfair. It is different if they have poor feedback (as in 1-star) but an occasional buyer shouldn't be discriminated against. How else would us occasional buyers purchase anything and get feedback if you all put requirements like that??

^^^yes. And keep in mind that every single person on Ebay started out with a feedback score of 1. I have been on 10 years and have way too many numbers behind my name lol... but it doesn't make me a better buyer. Also, keep in mind that person may have had a joint acct with someone for years, perhaps a parent or a child or an ex spouse so it really isn't accurate.

I've sold to a lot of first time buyers....everyone starts out that way! Just be sure the address is confirmed with Paypal and you should be fine.

Usually my best buyers turn out to be ones with low numbers, so I dont worry anymore. And if you have afew bidders you can always go to next one if first doenst pay.

You actually really can't block "low feedback" buyers anyway. I have a block for anyone who has negative feedback (as in a negative number), although that is meaningless these days since you can't leave negatives for buyers. I also block anyone who has 2 or more unpaid item strikes and maybe one other thing.

I would just say to let it go on to completion - I've been scammed by people with much (and positive) feedback and I've been stiffed by those with little to no feedback, so I take it for what it's worth. Nowadays, if I haven't been paid within 4 days, I email the buyer and ask for communication - if they don't respond within 24 hours, I open an unpaid item claim. And yes, make sure you ship to PayPal address, insure, and delivery confirm (or signature confirm for big ticket) to protect yourself.

Good luck! :goodvibes

My account is over 10 years old, I have like 12 feedback. This past summer was the first time I got a star next to my name for having enough feedback. Every one has to start from somewhere.

As a buyer and a seller, I know both sides of how people feel. On one hand, you can't really list an item and say 'people with a low score cannot bid.' Because there are A LOT of new buyers or people who don't buy often.

On the other hand, as a buyer we need to protect ourselves- because there are SOOOOOO many people who are only on there to scam people! All of my listings are VERY CLEAR. If you do not pay in X amount of days, you will be reported as a non-payer.

Also, I cannot stress HOW IMPORTANT it is to get a tracking number for EVERY item you sell!!! It doesn't matter what the cost of the item is. People in the past tried to tell me that they didn't receive an item from me. There was one time the item was worth $5. They said they didn't get it. I lost the tracking number temporarily and they left a HORRIBLE review on my account. I found the tracking number and notified ebay. ONLY AFTER ebay received and reviewed the information they DID remove the bad feedback from my account and they went after the people who were trying to scam me. I didn't hear anything- but it didn't matter. Ebay had proof that I wasn't in the wrong, so they fixed it. If I didn't have that proof, I probably wouldn't have sold anything for a long time!

The tracking number is not that expensive. I usually add an extra 50 cents to the shipping, to cover the tracking.

Get tracking. If you use the PayPal Shipping Assistant, tracking (delivery confirmation) is free and signature confirmation is less than the post office ($2.10 vs. $2.60).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter