• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On-line Check-in

Rob1648

Earning My Ears
It looks like you can do on-line check-ins very early before your trip.

What are the advantages ( I think I get most of this ) ?

but are there any real disadvantages?

thanks to all !

You can do it as early as 60 days before your trip. There are no disadvantages that I can think of. The advantage is that it speeds up the process when you arrive at the resort. Many people will receive a text or email with their room number when its ready and can skip the front desk entirely. The ones who don't get that message can at least go in a separate queue at the front desk for those who did online check-in, which is usually much shorter than the regular line.

If we do Online check in, are the Magic Bands automatically activated when we get to Disney? Do I have anything special to them to get them to work?

If we do Online check in, are the Magic Bands automatically activated when we get to Disney? Do I have anything special to them to get them to work?

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the MB they should work when you arrive. We have had issues with bands not working correctly. We've also had issues with online checkin (received a text saying "come to the front desk"). Nothing is guaranteed.

It has the potential to allow you to bypass the front desk. I have found in past years that it has worked well for us, and on Tuesday when we can schedule our FP's that we'll be doing it again. It's much easier with kids to just go straight to the room when it's ready for us.

Magic bands are active as soon as they're linked to your MDE. They are not tied specifically to any resort reservation.

We did online check in. Got to the resort got inline at the desk to just double check in. They simple said you will get a text when room is ready.. Come 8pm still no text.. i called they couldnt find it. Called again and they go oh its right here you are room #0000. Ok so my app still says no room # and we get back and its 12am. Go to the room they said and our MB's do not work. I i walked all the way back to the desk and they said "somehow they got deactivated form the room". We used them at the park all day. So after all this we get in to find the cake and gifts we bought from the disney floral (so the room must have been ready be for 8pm since they dont deliver that late). Also we didnt get any room service that day and took us 4 hours to get someone to bring towels... Im not sure if this had to do with online check in.. but it was my first time using it and the app for info and it just didnt work.

We've done the Online Check In for our last several trips and this was the only 1 that I regretted it. We stayed at AKL ( our 1st time ) and I missed have the interaction with the cast member at the front desk. Seems weird, I know but I felt a bit disoriented the 1st few days. ( No resort map, etc ) Maybe it was because it was our 1st time at this resort. I could have gone down the next morning and requested a map if I really felt I needed it but we were gone so much of the time the in room guide worked ok.

we always do online check in. We get a text when the room is ready. We can skip the front desk and just go directly to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter