• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On our way to Uni. Upgrading from package to AP?

ShyMiss

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are on our way to uni (2nd trip; first was 3-4 years ago & everyone here was so helpful.) We booked a week package w/ 4 day tickets. I’d like to upgrade to AP if it’s reasonable. Can I do that after using 4 day tickets? I’m thinking it would be better to do this the latest date in case we wanted to try to squeeze in another summer trip before it expires next year. I’m assuming AP expires exactly one year from date of activation? Sorry for noob question.

Should not be an issue - I find its best to do this after you enter the park at guest services

AP will expire 366 days after the first day you entered the park on the original ticket, so no benefit to waiting. Especially if you plan to upgrade to one of the APs with discounts, which would probably be a good idea if you are planning a week plus another trip. However you can upgrade any time until park close on the last day, if you want.

Now I have a follow up question. Is there a reason not to upgrade at hotel check in? A benefit to waiting until park entry?

No benefit, and probably longer lines at the parks, especially in the morning. It would be at the hotel's ticket desk, not at the check in counter.

Call the reservation line. There is actually a package that includes annual pass, and if available this could include a hotel discount. You can also get very large discounts on the hotel with annual pass before you ever pick up the annual pass, you just have to show them the pass sometime during your stay or you're charged the full rate. However, annual pass rates aren't always available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter