• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"On Sale Soon! The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa"

Is there a minimum amount of points they will allow you to buy? Would I be able to buy only 100 points and if so, will it get the ‘benefits’ of direct?
150 has been the minimum for first time purchasers about a year. I don’t expect that to change with the release of VGF2.

Thanks - Does first time purchasers mean at that resort? I already own at BCV (though bought resale in 2015 so grandfathered in)..

Thanks - Does first time purchasers mean at that resort? I already own at BCV (though bought resale in 2015 so grandfathered in)..
If you already own any DVC, no matter how purchased, your minimum will be 50.

After 1/31/42, your Blue Card will expire and your blue card benefits will disappear if you don’t have another longer term contract that qualifies. Currently you need 150 direct purchased points to qualify.

Reactions: AGP

After 1/31/42, your Blue Card will expire and your blue card benefits will disappear if you don’t have another longer term contract that qualifies. Currently you need 150 direct purchased points to qualify.
I'll just add that in order to be consider to be an "existing member", your new purchase must be the same UY and titled the same as your existing membership. Any difference in the UY or titling of the new contract results in a new membership and as such, you would be required to purchase the 150-point direct minimum.

Thank you for your help!

To add what others have said, if you sell what you own that makes you eligible, then you lose benefits and need to now meet whatever that minimum is at the time.

Yes, well, "soon" in Disney-speak often strongly resembles mañana-time in Santa Fe, NM.

Call a plumber or other service person out there for something you'd like done customer-soon, ask when they can get there to do it. You'll often get "Mañana" which literally means "tomorrow" but in Santa Fe simply means "not today."

That's their polite way of avoiding saying, "Tomorrow never comes." 😉
An Hispanic friend of mine said, “ The problem with Gringos is they think mañana means tomorrow.”

I get how people get to the $207/ppt, with the $31,000 / 150pts. But the current direct price on VGF is $255 right? Do we really expect that they'll drop the price of a point that significantly? I can't wrap my head around not making any changes to distinguish VGF1 and VGF2 and at the same time dropping the price like that?

I supposed supply and demand does dictate the price and the supply side of that equation is about to change dramatically.

I get how people get to the $207/ppt, with the $31,000 / 150pts. But the current direct price on VGF is $255 right? Do we really expect that they'll drop the price of a point that significantly? I can't wrap my head around not making any changes to distinguish VGF1 and VGF2 and at the same time dropping the price like that?

I supposed supply and demand does dictate the price and the supply side of that equation is about to change dramatically.

There is no current price because VGF was removed from sale last spring.

As a sold out resort, it was $255. At that price, they were not selling nor did they care if they sold many points. Maybe a few thousand a month max?

Once VGF goes back on sale, they need to sell close to 2 million points all while selling points at RIV at the same time.

VGF is going to be a very studio heavy resort a expire 6 years sooner than RIV.

To price it a lot more, and still sell it, could prove tough for a buyer who is being sold on the great benefits of the program and staying at all the resorts.

So, new buyers who want a home resort with ease of 1 or 2 bedrooms may not be willing to pay a ton more for VGF.

There is no current price because VGF was removed from sale last spring.

As a sold out resort, it was $255. At that price, they were not selling nor did they care if they sold many points. Maybe a few thousand a month max?

Once VGF goes back on sale, they need to sell close to 2 million points all while selling points at RIV at the same time.

VGF is going to be a very studio heavy resort a expire 6 years sooner than RIV.

To price it a lot more, and still sell it, could prove tough for a buyer who is being sold on the great benefits of the program and staying at all the resorts.

So, new buyers who want a home resort with ease of 1 or 2 bedrooms may not be willing to pay a ton more for VGF.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I'll admit that I'm not quite following Disney's logic on this play. Competing GF vs. RIV seems to me like two hotels that will target similar demographics. I know they must have felt there was a demand for more MK area resorts, and the termination of Reflections resulted in lost DVC rooms near MK, but I guess we'll see.

This may also appeal to people more, provided the resale restrictions on new contracts are consistent with existing contracts and resale points can be used at the legacy resorts than this may provide Disney an opportunity to test the waters and see to what degree resale restrictions are affecting direct sales.

We are currently buying our first resale contract at VGF, we love the resort. We see value in all the room types and think the resort studios will be enriching as an additional option. I'm excited at the idea that direct pricing (and presumably resale pricing to follow) could go down a little bit. We know we need to add more points, I just find it hard to anticipate the next move. I hope everyone is reading the tea leave correctly.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I'll admit that I'm not quite following Disney's logic on this play. Competing GF vs. RIV seems to me like two hotels that will target similar demographics. I know they must have felt there was a demand for more MK area resorts, and the termination of Reflections resulted in lost DVC rooms near MK, but I guess we'll see.

My impression is they were faced with the prospect that they needed to ‘do something’ to ensure they wouldn’t sell out entirely of resorts at WDW. That meant either starting their new build now (which is still late compared to reflections timeframe) or finding something else to do cheaply. Since the company as a whole is still cost savings that lead to VGF.

More importantly doing so this year as opposed to a year or two is that Disney sees the resale market pushing against their direct pricing and would love that cash for themselves now. VGF2 will probably do gangbusters for the opening period.

If the new VGF points are a part of the same association as the original VGF rooms, I wonder if they’ll have the same restrictions or must abide by prior rules and allow booking at the original 14. I can see arguments both for and against this honestly. Does anyone know?

If the new VGF points are a part of the same association as the original VGF rooms, I wonder if they’ll have the same restrictions or must abide by prior rules and allow booking at the original 14. I can see arguments both for and against this honestly. Does anyone know?
As part of the same association, there will be no restrictions and can book at all DVC resorts. :wave:

It really is frustrating that they havent brought back AP sales yet. The park availability calendar is pitch green!

Yes I so agree was not quick enough to buy the AP originally but the thought of having to buy them now for our 2 trips this year and maybe 3 are killing me. Please bring them back along with the dining plan!!!

Hasn’t minimum for DVC owners been changed to 25?

Is this statement a default for Florida Timeshares? "Actual inventory offered may vary by state of residence." I see that at the bottom of the VGF2 info page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter