On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Man your days make me tired! Lol you guys definitely accomplished so much during MNSSHP!

I wish that Coronado announced where in the resort they were during bus drop offs. We only took the busses once during our stay there coming back from MNSSHP and between never having stayed there and the bright bus lights I had no idea where I was lol

We'd never met in person before and I have horrible people identifying skills

I have a similar problem, I'm terrible at picking people out of crowds even when I know who I'm looking for :lmao:

I liked Hallowishes

Me too. I didn't like the new show as much. Not sure if it was the music or the overall vibe of the show but something felt off, and I didn't really find it to be memorable.

It's Halloween- what can you do?

Awkwardly high five Lotso? :rotfl: I did that once.

I took a picture of this wall and told Mike that when I wasn't dead exhausted he was going to have to take pictures of me in front of it lol.

I took a picture of that wall too :lmao:

because the New Yorker in us was convinced the car would be stolen otherwise.

The New Yorker in me agrees with this.

Hi everyone- I'm back. I've been trying to update my June report more to get it finished because I still have to start December lol.
So many trips so little time :D

2020: Time to See the West Coast (but still find time to go to Orlando too)!
We're doing the West Coast this year too, but likely in April for Spring Break. Back up is Summer if that doesn't work out so no DL overlap for us.

By some miracle, Mike spotted her and her husband very quickly. We're all admins of a Disney FB group together and she and Mike both participate in the same podcast and she also happens to be an agent for the same travel agency as me!
There's so much that we share that its time you're aware.....

fH7ECvGl.jpg
Gorgeous picture!

Apparently I found him slightly more charming. :rolleyes1

You look absolutely smitten!

We made our way to the Coronado Springs bus stop and I swear no matter what hotel we stay at, it's the last bus stop lol.
I think we all suffer from this same infliction. No matter what the hotel if its late at night and you want to get to the resort you are always at the last stop

We had a goal to be at Hollywood Studios before it opened at 6 am for EEMH tomorrow! Think we'll make it?
You are literally insane!!!!

We started the trip celebrating Halloween at MNSSHP and ended it at the first MVMCP of the season.
I've always thought that sounded like a fun thing to do sometime!
In the end, I sorted everything into piles and he did the physical packing into suitcases when he came home from work.
At least you hope he did...
So, I left work at 3 am, had to go to brunch at 11 am and back to work at 3 pm.:faint:
Yikes!
In case anyone was wondering, this is what the car looked like.
You left some room to actually see out the back window... not bad!
We had passed no shortage of gas stations earlier in the drive and I didn't understand why he wouldn't have stopped then when it was convenient and made this known to him.
Planning ahead for gas stops is always important. Especially if you're in a hurry.
Also, these two pictures were taken 2 minutes apart! The rain came out of no where!
Because, Florida
Our Lyft finally dropped us off at the Contemporary at 1:30 and we walked at our top speed to the Magic Kingdom and got to the restaurant at 1:45, a mere 30 minutes after our reservation time.
I'm sure it happens often. I'm glad that they made it easy on you.
To be honest, I kinda prefer when they all end up coming either at the beginning or an end of a meal because I get flustered when I have to stop eating and prepare for pictures lol
::yes::
They also have soft serve ice cream machines and since I'm really 5 years old, I had no choice but to get some.
Aren't we all really 5 years old then?
Our moods were 100% improved after our meal and we were excited for our night at MNSSHP!
That's great!
For this picture, the photographer wanted us to act like our characters. So I was eating honey and Mike was doing...I'm not sure what. It looks like he's getting ready to take flight :rotfl:
Well, Tiggers bounce, so I guess that works!
They move the line as quickly as possible but it still takes a long time and it was 6:40 before we met them.
Still... 2 of the big character meets before the party officially started? Not bad!
We were saying our goodbyes and I guess Tigger wasn't ready to let Mike leave? Or wanted to challenge him to a Tigger duel. :rotfl:
Well, there can only be 1 Tigger....
We collected our belongings to leave the meet and greet area and could not find our candy bags anywhere! We asked the character attendants but even they weren't sure where Tigger hid them. The characters were already meeting the next family so we were kinda just waiting to the side to find out where they were when a little boy in line told us he saw that Tigger had hid them in some planters on the side of the meet area. Tigger was really serious about taking our candy! Thank you little boy for saving our treats! :worship::worship:
Tigger really wanted that candy!
They decided to go stand behind the wall in the seating area and then spent the whole time complaining that they couldn't see over me?? I could understand this complaint if I sat there after they were already waiting there but you literally knew you were putting yourself behind me so I don't get it?
It looks like you had a great spot to watch from. Even if you had to tolerate comments from people who got there later.
When we left off, we were on our way to Main Street to get a spot for the new Halloween fireworks. Mike and I had been messaging back and forth with a friend we were hoping to meet and she was already on Main Street. We'd never met in person before and I have horrible people identifying skills (seriously- ask me what someone looks like 5 minutes after I see them, it's basically "Well they definitely had eyes and a nose) and with the sea of humanity on Main Street, I had no faith that we would find them.
I can relate to that too. I'm glad Mike was able to find them so you could meet up!
Overall thoughts: I liked the new fireworks show but I'm not in love. I liked Hallowishes and it was clear when Wishes got the axe that it was next and I wasn't surprised that the new show is projection based.
I'm glad you got to see it. I'm disappointed that I never got to watch Hallowishes. I like the projections, but it does take some element away unless you have that great straight on view.
The Carousel of Progress was closed to be a treat location but instead of candy they were giving out those Go Go Squeez applesauce pouches. I happen to love those and they're a perfect park snack lol so we went through a couple times!
Well, I guess that's probably healthier than nothing but candy.
I took a picture of the sign because people were complaining on the MNSSHP thread last year that they would've liked to know ahead of time they weren't gonna get candy :confused3 :confused3 and look-all you had to do was read!
What? Read? On vacation?
I was grateful for this move because it was still SO hot. Plus one line to meet more characters is always good in my book lol.
::yes:: I agree! When they're in the same area, 1 line, multiple characters, knock it all out.
Gaston was, well, Gaston and said we were smart to make time to meet such a handsome man this evening. Mike said where? :rotfl:
That's awesome! Well played, Mike!
We had a goal to be at Hollywood Studios before it opened at 6 am for EEMH tomorrow! Think we'll make it?
Wow! Who needs sleep, right?

We'd never met in person before and I have horrible people identifying skills (seriously- ask me what someone looks like 5 minutes after I see them, it's basically "Well they definitely had eyes and a nose)
So if you meet a blind, nose-less person, you'll never remember him!
We're all admins of a Disney FB group together and she and Mike both participate in the same podcast and she also happens to be an agent for the same travel agency as me! Small world.
And you thought you wouldn't recognize them???
Considering we didn't stake out a spot and just kinda stood where we were on Main Street, I was happy with our view.
Not bad at all!
Like the photos, but this was a standout for me. :)
Overall thoughts: I liked the new fireworks show but I'm not in love. I liked Hallowishes and it was clear when Wishes got the axe that it was next and I wasn't surprised that the new show is projection based.
Yeah... I hear you. I liked the new show well enough, but... much preferred the old one.
I love these projections on the rocks!
we decided to check out the trail inside Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.
I've been to... 3? parties? I've never been in there. (during a party, I mean.)
Even though I know he's a villain, he's so cute and cuddly and smells like strawberries that I can't help hugging him.
:laughing:
I took a picture of the sign because people were complaining on the MNSSHP thread last year that they would've liked to know ahead of time they weren't gonna get candy :confused3 :confused3 and look-all you had to do was read!
Wait... I'm on vacation and you're asking me to read signs??? This isn't going to happen! But I will complain!

:rolleyes1
I was grateful for this move because it was still SO hot.
Still??? At 11pm? :faint:
He loved our costumes and made Mike get into character and bounce.
:laughing:
He was also intrigued by my honey pot purse.
But didn't steal it...
Gaston and said we were smart to make time to meet such a handsome man this evening. Mike said where?
:lmao:
Apparently I found him slightly more charming. :rolleyes1
I'm shocked! Shocked!
I remember stopping for one last TOT stop
I first read that as one last Tower of Terror stop...
And I took tons of decoration pictures on my way out because they're my favorite and I can't help myself.
They're great and worth photographing. ::yes::
I could tell Mike was done for the night but I really didn't want to miss the Headless Horseman magic shot and pleaded with him for one last picture.

He said yes because he's the best person ever.
Awww... :)
We passed by the bar which was closed since it was almost 1 am but gave me a perfect opportunity to take a picture of how gorgeous it is.
Wow! It sure is!
Our room was in the Cabanas section, building 8B which was exactly what I requested. We've stayed here several times and I always request this building because it's close to the main pool, close to a bus stop and parking lot and not a bad walk to the lobby/food court
Sounds like a perfect location. :)
I had seen before that they put the names on the TV and wasn't sure what they'd put for us with two different last names but lo and behold- we were both on there. Small touch but so nice!
Nice! I never have the TV on, so doubt I'll see it.
we decided to take everything out of the car because the New Yorker in us was convinced the car would be stolen otherwise.
Oh, sure. No higher crime area than Disney.

ahem...

It is a small world! I love meeting online friends at Disney. Conversation is always easier because you already have something in common!

Exactly! We already had so much common ground that it felt like we knew each other already!

I love all the characters you managed to meet!

Thank you! :love:

What?? You mean people should be responsible and educate themselves???? :rolleyes:

I know- I'm not sure where I came up with that crazy idea!

I think I'll feel the same way about the fireworks as you. Hallowishes was just SO good!

Ugh I know things have to change but I hate losing the things I love lol. I wish they could take the music from Hallowishes and put it with the projections and fireworks from the new show! That would be perfect to me.

Love the character pics! You were able to get a lot of meets in after the parade!

Thank you! We've found that watching the first parade makes it possible to find shorter character lines later on!

:rotfl: This really made me laugh! Reminds me of every time my mom wouldn't let me leave anything in the car because "someone might break in"

:rotfl: :rotfl: literally every time! My dad still yells at me that I need to hide my ez pass and my phone charger lol.

That made me laugh as a former NYer. I try never to leave stuff in the car. We drive a tesla that has a front truck so for our one night stay before our cruise, we had everything in there for our overnight stay so we didn't have to go into the trunk.

It drives me nuts when my 14 year old stays at school for track their bags are just put in a shed that isn't locked. Once a week they practice at a public park. The first time my daughter was with a good friend and I made them both leave their bags with me. The following week it was just my daughter and she wore pants that she could run in that had a pocket for her phone.

:rotfl: I mean it is smart to follow as a general rule because you really can't trust people anywhere but it's funny how things stick with us! I see people in WDW all the time park their strollers and just leave all their bags on it and I'm sure they're fine 99% of the time but it makes me anxious for them!

How fun! I love it eyes and a nose :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: literally I'm the worst lol.

haha! he is so cute thought!

He is !

This cracks me up! I feel like those things are everywhere!

They are lol. We were at Flower and Garden a few years ago and they were handing them out as you left the butterfly garden lol. But I feel like they're such a convenient snack.

HAHA! I want to meet Gaston so bad! We have never time it right and i never feel like waiting forever!

You should totally meet him especially with the girls dressed up as Belle lol. Whenever we see him interact with little Belles it's adorable. His line does get nuts though!

Man your days make me tired! Lol you guys definitely accomplished so much during MNSSHP!

They make us tired too :rotfl: :rotfl:

I wish that Coronado announced where in the resort they were during bus drop offs. We only took the busses once during our stay there coming back from MNSSHP and between never having stayed there and the bright bus lights I had no idea where I was lol

Yeah that would definitely be helpful! We've stayed there a bunch but still when it's dark out, I don't have the slightest chance of knowing where we are lol.

I have a similar problem, I'm terrible at picking people out of crowds even when I know who I'm looking for :lmao:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Yup I'm the worst at it. That's why when people see famous people in the parks, I always think that I could've walked past a million famous people and never known lol.

Me too. I didn't like the new show as much. Not sure if it was the music or the overall vibe of the show but something felt off, and I didn't really find it to be memorable.

Yeah I felt like it didn't feel enough like Halloween to me. I wish they had the music of Hallowishes with the projections/fireworks from this show and Zero flying from Disneyland lol.

Awkwardly high five Lotso? :rotfl: I did that once.

:rotfl::rotfl:

So many trips so little time :D

It's a good problem to have lol

We're doing the West Coast this year too, but likely in April for Spring Break. Back up is Summer if that doesn't work out so no DL overlap for us.

Oo man. The good news for me is you can tell me all the places to eat and not to eat lol!

There's so much that we share that its time you're aware.....

giphy.gif

Gorgeous picture!

Thank you! 🥰

You look absolutely smitten!

I do! I quickly scrolled through this photo when looking at them with Mike :rolleyes1

I think we all suffer from this same infliction. No matter what the hotel if its late at night and you want to get to the resort you are always at the last stop

Yes! It's a law of the universe I suppose.

You are literally insane!!!!

I can confirm- we are lol!

I've always thought that sounded like a fun thing to do sometime!

It's a lot of fun! I highly recommend it if you can make it happen.

At least you hope he did...

:scared: :scared:

Planning ahead for gas stops is always important. Especially if you're in a hurry.

Yup and we never do and it's been the source of arguments on more than one occasion.

Aren't we all really 5 years old then?

Yes!

Well, Tiggers bounce, so I guess that works!

True!

Well, there can only be 1 Tigger....

:rotfl::rotfl:

It looks like you had a great spot to watch from. Even if you had to tolerate comments from people who got there later.

It was a great spot! I was so confused by their reactions. They literally walked behind where I was sitting and then surprised that they'd have to try to see over me. :confused3

I'm glad you got to see it. I'm disappointed that I never got to watch Hallowishes. I like the projections, but it does take some element away unless you have that great straight on view.

That's what I don't like about the shows being projection based. It forces people to crowd onto Main Street instead of watching from other areas of the park and makes it that much more difficult to get a good spot.

What? Read? On vacation?

Crazy talk I know!

Wow! Who needs sleep, right?

I always say we can sleep when we're dead lol

So if you meet a blind, nose-less person, you'll never remember him!

That might be the one person I do remember!

And you thought you wouldn't recognize them???

We never see each other in person- only FB pictures lol.

Like the photos, but this was a standout for me. :)

Thank you! Oogie's my favorite so I love it too.

I've been to... 3? parties? I've never been in there. (during a party, I mean.)

I think the Halloween party overlay was new last year (but I could also be wrong lol).

Wait... I'm on vacation and you're asking me to read signs??? This isn't going to happen! But I will complain!

I know what kinda blasphemy is this!

Still??? At 11pm? :faint:

The whole trip was SO hot until like the last two days!

I'm shocked! Shocked!

:rotfl: :rotfl:
I first read that as one last Tower of Terror stop...

Oo idk what a Tower of Terror stop would be but I like the idea!

Nice! I never have the TV on, so doubt I'll see it.

Never ever?? But how do you watch Stacey then?!

Oh, sure. No higher crime area than Disney.

You know those parking lots have high gang activity :rolleyes1

Overall thoughts: I liked the new fireworks show but I'm not in love. I liked Hallowishes and it was clear when Wishes got the axe that it was next and I wasn't surprised that the new show is projection based. I like the projections on the castle but I don't like how hard it makes it to see when you're short like me lol.
I'm glad we didn't even try to see the projections and just watched the fireworks in Fantasyland. It's so frustrating for me when I can't see (and I'm not short so it's not just a short person problem!)

I was thrilled to get the applesauce! People are too picky :rotfl:

Absolutely, you're at Disney!

I'm glad we didn't even try to see the projections and just watched the fireworks in Fantasyland. It's so frustrating for me when I can't see (and I'm not short so it's not just a short person problem!)

That's the problem with the projection/firework shows! It's hard to get a good view of the projections without being really close so of course everyone wants to be in the same area and it's chaos!

I was thrilled to get the applesauce! People are too picky :rotfl:

Me too! I mean I like candy more than most people probably lol but there's really only so much I can eat. I was super excited to have something other than candy as an option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter