• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

On the go breakfast ideas

I make a very high protein breakfast 'muffin' that is a big hit around here. It's turkey sausage, cheese, chives and the 'heart healthy' bisquick. They keep well at room temp and taste better at room temp.

If that's something you think she would eat, I can send you the recipe. They take less than 10 minutes to mix up and about 20 minutes to bake and will keep for about 5 days in the fridge so you can make them sunday night for the whole week.

I would love the recipe if you have it handy! I think she may like these - and if she doesn't, I'll double the recipe for my 15 year old DS who will devour them!

Sorry - saw you posted it above, thanks!!

It's really simple:

2-3 bags of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles
2-3 cups of shredded cheese
(these two things are really about taste/texture for you. We like ours to be more sausage-y than muffin-y so I use 3 bags and 3 cups)
Chives and ground pepper to taste (I use 1/2 cup of chives)
3 cups of Heart Healthy Bisquick
(If you like eggs you can also put in 3 eggs)

Mix everything together and use just enough water to bind it all together but not make it really wet.

Grease muffin tin, scoop mixture in and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes. Let cool and pop out. Store in plasticware with a papertowel in the bottom.

I just wanted to add that this really is a perfect meal for me. I'm doing Weight Watchers and this recipe (using 2 bags of sausage and 2 c. cheese and 3 eggs) is only 6 points. Add a piece of fruit and it's a complete meal that we'll both probably be eating on the way to school.

I just wanted to add that this really is a perfect meal for me. I'm doing Weight Watchers and this recipe (using 2 bags of sausage and 2 c. cheese and 3 eggs) is only 6 points. Add a piece of fruit and it's a complete meal that we'll both probably be eating on the way to school.

I warn you, they are addictive. My friends call it "morning crack" LOL

My daughter swims before school. She likes those Smucker's Uncrustables. She takes one right out of the freezer and when practice is done, it's defrosted. Then she buys a milk from the cafeteria and usually takes a banana or apple along as well. She also likes those Emerald Breakfast on the Go packs.

My DD starts at 7 am, she has zero period. Her teacher is OK with her taking food and eating it there sometimes she takes extras for her fellow leadership attendees. :) She takes waffles, she takes fruit, she makes smoothies, her current favorite is a coconut milk smoothie made with bananas, she says it's delicious. She also takes bagels with cream cheese and yogurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter