? on UPS mailing

msr709

DISfan forever
I have read a lot about mailing before you go and I am interested in knowing 2 things:

1. How long in advance do you mail your package?

2. How do you mail package back home by UPS at the resorts? (I'm staying at ASMu in August)

I have gotten a lot of great ideas from this site and I have faith someone will know the answers to my questions. I Thank you all in advance!

:smooth: :bounce: :)

Everytime we go to WDW, we send ourselfs a carepackage. Last October we sent a 80 lb box full of snacks, diapers, wipes, etc. We mailed it 5 days before our arrival (check UPS's charts for timming to know how long it takes from your home area). Make sure you address it to the correct mailing address of the hotel. Then all over the box, write for resort guest and your name and confirmation number. We had no problems, and they leave it right in your room. As far as mailing stuff back, all stores I have ever shopped in give you the option of mailing stuff back home. They take all your information and send it UPS and you pay the charges. Works great! Good luck!

If you are asking about sending a package home from your resort - not from a purchase made at a store - the answer is yes you can. The front desk of the resort will handle it. You will have to pack the box yourself. Most of the gift shops will be happy to give you an empty box (used). You pack it, bring it to the front desk, and they will fill out a shipping form for you, seal it up and charge it to your room. This must be done before checking out however.

I would also suggest asking at the front desk to verify that this is still the procedure. We all know that Disney's policies are often cast in jello rather than stone. ;)

How much did this box cost you? 80 lbs? WOW! We live a little north of you and this would certainly cut down on what we tote with us esp. since we use transfers. Thanks!

I spotted a sign for a post office somewhere east of Disney-maybe in Celebration? Next time I will probably send some lighter stuff back priority mail when we go out souvenier shopping or go to Steak-n-Shake for a malt. Our car was SO crowded.

Thank you all for your responses. GoldenOldie you were right on target, I specifically wanted to know how to send a box home from the resort, not the stores. I'll call the resort before I do anything and find out what the procedure is. Thank you all again.;) :bounce: ;) :bounce: ;) :bounce: ;) :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter