• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Onboard activities during a shore day...

Stephen Burch

Earning My Ears
...Are there any?

This is our third cruise (Fantasy -- Departing the 13thb), and we aren't really planning on doing much in port at either of the non-castaway cay days other than getting off, poking about for maybe an hour and getting back on the ship.

In our past two trips we've spent almost the entire port day in port so I have no idea what is available / what goes on onboard the ship during a port day -- any insights?

...Are there any?

This is our third cruise (Fantasy -- Departing the 13thb), and we aren't really planning on doing much in port at either of the non-castaway cay days other than getting off, poking about for maybe an hour and getting back on the ship.

In our past two trips we've spent almost the entire port day in port so I have no idea what is available / what goes on onboard the ship during a port day -- any insights?

Go to Disneycruiselineblog.com and look at past navigators.

We only get off the ship at CC and are never bored. We use the open houses at the kids clubs to enjoy 1 on 1 time with DD (they are practically empty). They also have activities scheduled through out the day. There is also the movie theatre. And last but not least chillin by the pool! The above poster posted a great site that will help with all your planning you can even search for your exact cruise and it will find past navigators for you to view.

Most of the Bahamian and Caribbean cruises have a fair amount of onboard activities during sea days. Port intensive cruises like Alaska and Europe tend to have less.

Yes, there are activities while the ship is in port, though not as many activities as at other times. The do-it-yourself activities such as pools, slides, spa, gym, sports deck, Midship Detective Agency, etc. remain open, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter