Onboard navigator

Hewolf

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if you can see the navigator once you've in port, or do you have to be onboard first?

At the Manhattan Cruise Terminal there were CM's handing out the first day Navigator. You were also able to request one while checking in. All other days were in your stateroom by the end of your dinner seating.

Do you mean on the app? I’ve only gotten it to work once I’m onboard on the ship’s free-for-the-app WiFi.

You will only get your first day navigator upon arrival at port. You can access all the navigators however once on board through the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app. If you dont know about this app I would recommend you download it asap, it is by far the easiest way to communicate onboard and see what is happening on the ship. Also depending on your cruise you can typically find recent navigators online that are going to be very similar to yours. Simply google “(ship) navigator November 2017” or instead of the date maybe the name like “(ship) navigator 5-night Bahamas”. Also little tip, on the first night if you want to have a tiny bit of WiFi for checking your email once or just checking in with a family member you can get a free 50mb by visiting the Connect@sea desk. Hope you have a magical trip :)

In Miami I was able to connect to the ships intranet while I was waiting in the terminal. You have to turn it on airplane mode first and connect to the free intranet wifi, but I was doing this while I was sitting in the cruise terminal waiting to enter onto the ship. I don't know if this is the same as other ports, but the app let me see the schedule and the different menus.

In Miami I was able to connect to the ships intranet while I was waiting in the terminal. You have to turn it on airplane mode first and connect to the free intranet wifi, but I was doing this while I was sitting in the cruise terminal waiting to enter onto the ship. I don't know if this is the same as other ports, but the app let me see the schedule and the different menus.

Thanks! You just helped me figure out how to keep the kids occupied while we wait to board. Christmas Eve can't get here soon enough!

We were able to do this in Port Canaveral as well! :) While we were waiting to board, we used the paper navigator to plan our day, but pulled the app up to look at the menus for the day. We also set up the chat feature inside the app.

We were able to do this in Port Canaveral as well! :) While we were waiting to board, we used the paper navigator to plan our day, but pulled the app up to look at the menus for the day. We also set up the chat feature inside the app.

We did too. I was surprised that we were able to connect but I recall sitting with our friends and setting up the chat and exchanging codes while waiting to board.

I was wondering if you can see the navigator once you've in port, or do you have to be onboard first?
I've gotten the paper Navigator in the port building at Port Canaveral, prior to boarding the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter