Once in a lifetime?

Will / have you visit(ed) again after your Once-in-a-lifetime holiday to Orlando

• Yes ,

• No , once was enough

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kevin Gale

Earning My Ears
Having taken our first Orlando holiday in Feb , I thought we would do it and that would be that but guess what ? we're talking about going again!

I wondered how many of us started out taking a once in a lifetime holiday over and over again??

Ummmm!

I think it should be asked............

How many times have you visited.....after your once in a lifetime holiday!!! :):)

Funnily enough, after our first trip in 1992, I remember saying that it had been fabulous, but we wouldn't be rushing to go back. We didn't visit again until 1996. We've since been in 1998, 2000, twice in 2001 and our seventh trip booked for this October.

I'm not really sure when it was that the bug bit, but I think it's safe to say that we're well and truly hooked now!

Once is never enough:) We are still going back since our first trip in '92..;)

We went out again in 94, 97, 98, 99 x 2, 00, 01.
Although we have nothing is booked for this year, you never know...;)

All being confirmed Disney freaks ( and this being a site for planning future trips) I can't see many no votes coming in LOL but a valid point :)

Our first visit was in 1992; we have been to DLP twice since then and are going to Orlando this summer - 10 years away is too long :(

Our once in a lifetime was in 1999. Couldn't afford it, certainly couldn't afford to repeat it!

Yeah, right....:rolleyes:

I've voted (can you guess) YES.
In November we will be going for our fifth trip, we have been in 94, 95, 97 and 2000.
My son will be going on his sixth trip he went with his special school in 92, but they only went for a week. We go for Three weeks each time.

No surprises...another yes vote :)

Went first to DL California in Sept 1996
WDW Sept 1998, Nov/Dec 1999, Oct 2000, May & Nov/Dec 2001
Booked to go May & August (including a Disney Cruise...just thought I'd throw that in casually, hehehe) 2002 and fingers crossed am working on Dec 2002 as well :D
Oh, and DLP March 2000 and Feb 2001!

Ummmm....guess you could say I got the bug ;)

Penny :)

We went over Xmas/New Year 2001/2002. Those that know me on the UK boards will know how I planned and prepared for our 'once in a lifetime' trip. But we missed so much, two weeks is not enough. So, hang the new kitchen, new carpets are not that important just now, I have to go back again. We are booked for October 2002. I can't see us going to anywhere else for a while. I have managed to get some good deals and to be honest we are only talking slightly more than a European holiday.

Jennie

Strange - I can see some sort of pattern developing here! LOL ;)

First time in Dec 95 - most definetly a *Once in a Lifetime* trip - especially as DH was so Disney Disfunctional or Disney Impaired! LOL

2nd time in 97
3rd time in 98
4th time for the Millennium Celebrations in Dec 99/Jan 2000
5th time in 2001
DLP first time in 2001
and.........................

6th time in May 2002 :D :D :D

Wonder if we will go back again ;)

Most definitely.

Our first trip was in March 96 and we thought it would just be the once as we were not that bothered in going, loved California and didn't think WDW would be as good, how wrong we were.

Our trip in September will be our 6th and we just keep going back for more, and to be honest everytime we go we have a different experience as they are developing the parks all the time.

I normally get back from the holiday feeling miserable and depressed and after about a month then start planning it again, just can't stay away from the place, and will be going for as long as I can afford to go, only reason I come into work each day. (Oh and to read these boards of course)

Helen:smooth:

Our "once in a lifetime" trip was wa-a-a-ay back in 1976. Our DS's were 7 and 10 and we planned it for 2 years. Yeah! Right! We've been back almost annually ever since. We say "Next year we'll go somewhere else." After we've been home a couple of weeks, it's like we've never been and we get excited all over again and start planning for the next one. We're going on our first Disney cruise this fall and decided that would be it for Florida....guess what? We're staying an extra week in WDW....can't get away from it!

LOL- 5th "once in a lifetime" visit again in November - Err- perhaps we'll try somewhere different next year.

YEAH RIGHT :rolleyes:

Amazing isn't it?

Once in a lifetime trip in 1990, er then again in 91, California 94, back to Florida 97, 1999 X 2, 2000 x 2, 01 and now in April this year...

I need more holidays.

Greg

:D

:D :D :D

I'll vote when I come back in three weeks!! You've only to see our counter - need I say more?!

Yes - this is billed as our 'once in a lifetime' and its taken us so long to save up for it :rolleyes:

Janet

We had never even been abroad before our "Holiday of a Lifetime in April 1999", we saved up for eighteen months, planned to see and do everything humanly possible and when we returned home (happy & exhausted) we had a letter from Toy R Us to say we had WON a weeks holiday to Orlando!!!!! So back we went in October 1999, then again June 01, currently preparing for our 4th Trip in April

Nikki

:D :D :D

Helooo everyone,:wave: :wave:

Our once in a life time holiday was in Oct 1999(just in time for millenium celebrations to start) and it's all we've talked about since!:rolleyes:

We are going back in 10 days time WOO HOO! (guess how we voted? LOL!):bounce:

Would have gone back sooner but DH had a change of job and we just had to wait and be patient.

Luv Audrey,
XXXXXXXX:D

Our first 'once in a lifetime' trip was October '95.Then October '99 and '01.This year is the first time I haven't had to wait two years and am going in October 2002!

Also perhaps an answer to people who ask about DLP , you go there perhaps for a couple of days , perhaps on the way somewhere else , and perhaps have a day in Paris but..

In Orlando there is just so much to do and see and experience....

I actually didn't wan't to go , I know, I'm sorry, but I had such a great time , and planned everything so well thanks to the UK DIS and THE book that I need (not want) to go again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter