Once in a lifetime?

Will / have you visit(ed) again after your Once-in-a-lifetime holiday to Orlando

• Yes ,

• No , once was enough

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can see a pattern building up here LOL

Just checked the stamps in my passport - Our once in a lifetime holiday happened in 95...... followed by returns in 97, 98, 99, 01 & 02.

I've been back just over a month from our last trip and have already started planning the next:p

Maxine

I went by chance as part of an American Tour to California in 1980 , and I really didn't know too much about Disney, but I never forget that for one girl on the tour she kept talking about it being her life long dream. I didn't really know what she was talking about. Then in 1981 we visited Orlando again only for the day as part of another tour, and the bug was just beginning to bite! And in 1984 we went with our two babies, Rebecca the monster baby, aged 22months and Simon just 3months. Everyone said we were quite mad, but we had the holiday of a lifetime, and Rebecca smiled for what seemed like the first time in her life, and the bug has never left any of us since! We have now been so many times I have lost count, and Simon starts work as a CM in Epcot on July 10th!!!!! What more excuse do I need to keep going!!!! LOL Carolyn:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D PS Rebecca is no longer a monster just in case she reads this!:D

Our first visit to WDW was in April 1992 and was by chance really. I had just suffered an ectopic pregnancy which followed 4 miscarriages and was feeling low to say the least. My only prerequisite for a holiday was that it was warm. The travel agent suggested Florida. And we have never looked back .... I relaxed as soon as we hit MGM Studios and the pixie dust landed on me. All the cares of the previous few years just lifted off my shoulders and I felt more content than I had in ages. In September 1992 we went back following yet another miscarriage. We had the good fortune to meet an American couple who live in St Petes and have been close friends since. In May 1994 we returned with our beautiful 6 month old son! We then visited in September 1995, May 1997, May 1998, May 1999, May 2000, April 2001 and are eagerly awaiting 11th May 2002 when we are back again!! We try very hard to visit for 3 weeks at a time. We don't drink or smoke so I feel we deserve it and owe it to ourselves. We can't really afford to go back every year but somehow we always find the money. My husband underwent brain surgery in 1996 and we realised then how short life is. He is completely recovered but it changed our attitude forever. We really do live for the moment and our holidays in Florida. Our son is privileged to have visited so many times at his tender age. However, when he spoke wistfully last year of playing on the beach with a bucket and spade we realised that they sometimes need the simple things in life!! We are therefore going to do a week at the beach and 2 weeks in Orlando this time around!:)

What a lovely story, WDWFOREVER. Welcome to the DIS and do please share all your experiences with us. As you've probably gathered, we all love talking about WDW!

Thanks for the welcome Debbie. Its so nice to be amongst friends who share the same interest. Its nice to be able to share experiences and know that people really are interested in stories about Disney! Incidentally, we have booked our son on the Pirate Treasure Hunt Cruise out of the Grand Floridian - have you (or anyone else reading this) sent children on it? I'm just not sure what to expect. He is incredibly excited and I just hope it isn't a let down for him. We have had so many people say to us "don't you get bored going back to the same place?". Well, no, actually! We STILL haven't done Cypress Gardens and Disney Quest amongst other things. Besides, the weather is relatively predictable (out of all the times we have been we only had one bad holiday weather-wise), the food is magnificent and we have always found the American people to be so friendly and open. For us, as a family, Florida has everything we could possibly want from a holiday.

Hi WDWforever,

How you must treasure your son after all you've been through.When you have a life-changing experience as you did with your husband,I did too when my mum died 5 years ago.It really makes you grasp life and live for the moment.For us that means going to Orlando on holidays when its not always sensible,but I don't care anymore:)

Where are you in London?I live in North London (Crouch End to be exact!)

Hi Karen - so sorry to hear about your Mum. Things do happen for a reason though. If we hadn't been through the trauma of fertility problems and then my husband's illness we wouldn't have had so many years of Disney memories to treasure. We decided that rather than make money we would make memories. Therefore, I only work alternate weeks and my husband (who is a black cab driver in London) does the minimum we can get away with! I am sure losing your Mum had the same profound effect on you. And there was good old Walt, ready to sprinkle that pixie dust and help us realise what is really important in this world - our dreams and each other.

Technically we are in Essex (Seven Kings, Ilford) but within the London Borough of Redbridge).

When are you next off to see Mickey? As you will have seen from my last posting, we only have 7 weeks to go!

Jackie

Our once in a lifetime was in 94 we went for two weeks, then we went back again in 96, 98, 2000, 01 and July 02 all for three weeks.
Even though the kids are almost grown up they still want to go back.

Hi everyone,

Its nice to read these lovely stories and share the pleasure we all get from our visits to WDW.

Our once in a life time holiday started on 9 May 1996, DD 9 DS 7, and is now in its 7th continuous year, I'm very happy to say. The wonderful memories of things we have experienced as a family will stay with us always, and the ? hundred photos!

Looking forward to this years as much as ever. Our Cirque tickets have arrived today!

:D Jessie

Hi Everyone

I have just found this great forum.

Our once in a lifetime trip was Easter 1993 and the kids were 4 & 7. We had such a great time we went back in 94 & 95. After a break of 3 years it was time to go back. Since then we have been several times and in December 2000 we bought our own villa. We are all looking forward to our next trip in July.

I went to WDW in 1997 for my once in a lifetime trip. I returned in 98,99 and 2000. Last year we went to Disneyland and California Adventure. Returning to WDW in July 02.

Hi Jackie,

I'll be there on October 10th! You don't have long to go:)

My younger brother has just finished his knowlege and passed his driving test,he only has to pass his suburbs test at the end of May.

Our first visit was in 1988 which was our trip of a lifetime, not many people from the uk went at that time. It was 5 years before we went again that time taking friends with us (there once in a lifetime!). Since then we have been every year and also to DLP 3 times. We still haven't seen everything, there is so much to do. We even go for a week now. Some people think we are mad travelling 4000 miles for a week but it only takes 9 and a half hours on a plane, when we go to DLP it takes 16 hours on a bus, I know which i'd prefer every time. The weather in Florida is fabulous any time of the year and we have been at most times.

We are going in May (only 5 weeks to go) and we get just as excited now as we did the first time.

Tommy!!!

We're from Spennymoor too!!!!
Queue for a song...... "It's a small world after all........It's a........."

Anyway, back to the topic, Valerie took me with her for her trip of a lifetime. Can't say I was bothered - honestly! and I didn't look forward to it much at all. Three weeks later and I could talk American, drive on their roads without gettin in a strop and even tell their coins apart (well not quite).

Three trips later and I salute the stars and stripes, eat me steak rare but still hold out all me coins for the CMs to help themselves.

Next trips November 2003 and 2004 - we can't afford one so might as well plan two!

So, Tommy, where d'yer drink in Spennymoor then?

It sure is a small world after all

Although we live near the Ash Tree we don't go out to drink, we do most of our drinking in at home, you can't get a decent glass of wine in a pub. How about you?

We keep saying we are going to go somewhere new for our hols but the lure of Disney is too hard to resist. We just keep going back for more and more.

For the benefit of our viewers, I'll respond to Tommy by PM. But you might like to know we also live round the corner from the Ash Tree in Spennymoor.

"It's a world of laughter, a world of tears.............."

Going for our 'once in a lifetime' trip end of May this year. But after finding this site and reading it everyday at home & work, am already thinking of returning next year and we havn't even been yet.

54 votes and not a one against!!

We started our Disney history in 1992 in California on Honeymoon. Just a day stopover on the way to Hawaii (spent two weeks in Hawaii wishing we were still in Disney!) More 'lifetime' trips followed in 1994 (twice) followed by a short interruption caused by DD's birth in 1995. Stopgap DLP visit in 1997 and then more 'lifetime' trips in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 where we converted both parents.

We are now in the process of buying our own Florida villa and planning a trip in July followed by a 'mass' visit in Feb 2003 with parents and 8 nieces & nephews.

Bitten by the bug??!!.....Us??!!......You Betchya!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter