Once Upon A Disney Wish Live Updates

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
I see an announcement has been made that the maiden voyage of the Wish will be in summer 2022... so when is that likely to go on sale?

They usually have 15-18 months of sail dates offered. So with the next wave of Covid coming to the world and possible delays materials needed. I’m thinking they will hold off until after this next wave hits and see where the timeline sits. Last thing they want to do is disappoint people who booked a maiden voyage.
I’m hoping I can use my January sailing which I expect will be canceled. For a Wish sailing.

They usually have 15-18 months of sail dates offered. So with the next wave of Covid coming to the world and possible delays materials needed. I’m thinking they will hold off until after this next wave hits and see where the timeline sits. Last thing they want to do is disappoint people who booked a maiden voyage.
I’m hoping I can use my January sailing which I expect will be canceled. For a Wish sailing.
In the past DCL maiden voyages they had special restrictions regarding changes/additions, etc., and I have a suspicion that they will not allow passengers to use canceled cruise credits for a maiden voyage cruise. I hope I'm wrong so good luck.

I think the last time they put a maiden voyage on sail (Fantasy), it was on a separate opening date (compared to other ships cruise releases).

I would bet the 2022 summer itineraries are released for the Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy first. Then at a later date, the Wish itineraries are released.

In the past DCL maiden voyages they had special restrictions regarding changes/additions, etc., and I have a suspicion that they will not allow passengers to use canceled cruise credits for a maiden voyage cruise. I hope I'm wrong so good luck.
I’m thinking you misinterpreted my statement of “a Wish sailing” for “The Wish sailing” LOL. Unless for some reason they decide to delay the maiden voyage the last week in August or mid January (times of the year I can afford) a maiden voyage is not in my budget.
Thinking about it now, probably will have a Dream class opportunity with a better price point. As the Magic class is generally less, I haven’t been on the Dream class either. But I’m Gold now so things are looking up.

I agree....we were booked on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic back in 1998 and it was first supposed to sail in March but got delayed twice and finally sailed in July of 1998. We had to reschedule cruise, hotels, car rentals, flights, dog care, etc. twice at significant costs but DCL did the right thing and paid our plane change fees. They also gave everyone who was impacted an OBC so I am sure they will wait until they are very sure of the cruise situation before they confirm dates to start booking the Wish.

MJ

I agree....we were booked on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic back in 1998 and it was first supposed to sail in March but got delayed twice and finally sailed in July of 1998. We had to reschedule cruise, hotels, car rentals, flights, dog care, etc. twice at significant costs but DCL did the right thing and paid our plane change fees. They also gave everyone who was impacted an OBC so I am sure they will wait until they are very sure of the cruise situation before they confirm dates to start booking the Wish.

MJ

I think this may be a simar situation to the Wish. With the way things are going,in Europe with the pandemic, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wish gets delayed to later in the summer or even fall.
But I do agree that DCL will want to be real sure of the delivery date before taking money for the Maiden.

MJ
If I remember correctly, the Fantasy Maiden Voyage was a week earlier than originally stated. We booked for the second sailing which ended up being the third actual sailing. I forget the exact details though. Maybe someone else can chime in.
I can see wanting to hold off on bookings till things are set in stone.

I'm so curious about the new fuel technology on this ship. It would be great if the maiden voyage was an exciting itinerary, like a Transatlantic after it does a few test runs.

I didn't elect for FCC for my cancelled sailings, did they have restrictions on them? I would think that they should apply to any sailing.

Anyone know if this new Summer 2022 maiden voyage is a flexible date that could keep getting pushed back or if it is firm?

I didn't elect for FCC for my cancelled sailings, did they have restrictions on them? I would think that they should apply to any sailing.
The only restriction on FCCs was a time restriction. Originally, the FCC had to be used within 15 months of the date of the original sailing but that has been extended to I think April or May of 2022 regardless of the date of the original cruise.

I would bet that you will not be able to use FCC on the maiden voyage of the Wish, either because they explicitly say so or because the Wish will not sail until after all the FCCs expire.

Anyone know if this new Summer 2022 maiden voyage is a flexible date that could keep getting pushed back or if it is firm?
The maiden voyage of the Fantasy was firm.....until it wasn't. I wouldn't count on a for sure until the day it sails but there will be a pretty good idea closer to 2022.

Still flexible. Even once they have chosen a specific date I would be cautious based on their track record...

If I remember correctly, the Fantasy Maiden Voyage was a week earlier than originally stated. We booked for the second sailing which ended up being the third actual sailing. I forget the exact details though. Maybe someone else can chime in.
I can see wanting to hold off on bookings till things are set in stone.
I was. It was moved from April 7th to march 31st maybe 3 months after bookings started. Fantasy was delivered early.

Right now the time frame for the Wish is as firm as cooked spaghetti. Only info available is summer of 22. Could be June or August. Thats based in DCLs statement. However since then Rona is causing issues with several countries over there.Which may or may not affect anything or everything. Its entirely possible for the Wish to slip to early 23, depending on how the next few months go.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm assuming there's different priority access when it does go on sale - is that usually purely based on Castaway Club membership, or are there any other priority categories?

Sounds like the Wish will be sailing starting summer of 2022. With the Summer 2022 itineraries already out & booking, will they release additional summer 2022 itineraries later just for the Wish?

Sounds like the Wish will be sailing starting summer of 2022. With the Summer 2022 itineraries already out & booking, will they release additional summer 2022 itineraries later just for the Wish?
Absolutely. With the Dream Moving to Miami, there will only be one ship at Canaveral, The Fantasy doing 7 nights is only going to show up once a week. The Wish still has 12 months of construction and a few months of sea trails, repositioning and training.

There is a lot of risk in offering cruises on a ship that hasn't completed construction. For Disney LNG is a new propulsion. COVID impacts on the shipyards is another concern. No need to try sell a cruise when they have only a ball park when she'll sail. Plus it'll keep demand for the other ships up in the mean time.

It was always speculated the the Wish's first itineraries would be released on their own. But with the movements, I really do think it will take over the Dream's 3/4 Night cruises. Which is great for me, as we have only been on one Disney cruise and have three booked right now all on different ships :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter