• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day, 1st time off site questions

tink2

DIS Veteran
My daughter and friend will be in Orlando next week and are going to MK Jan 7- they have a park reservation and dining at Crystal Palace.
We have been to Disney many times, but have never stayed off site and have not been since the pandemic began.
The park hours are 8am-8pm. Please help me help them plan out getting to the park- they are staying at a Marriot nearby bc the friend has Marriot points- so that was a no brainer- the park opens at 8am- they have decided to Uber to the park - it seems to be the easiest/less hassle and possibly quickest way.

How early do they let non resort guests inside the MK? Isn't the hour before the park opens for resort guests only? Do non resort guests get in like 15 min early maybe? Again- we've only stayed inside the park and this is completely new to us.
Also- any other tips during the pandemic? They are pretty well trained on the rides to ride first in normal circumstances- DD is a disney expert- but not sure of any changes that might affect wait times.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
1. How early do they let non resort guests inside the MK?
2. Isn't the hour before the park opens for resort guests only?
1. Plan to arrive at the MK guest drop-off point (at TTC) by one hour before posted opening time.
(Then, they will need to ride the monorail or ferry boat over from the TTC to the MK gates.)

2. Not a true situation in "normal" times (all guests can enter for the hour before park opening and shop Main St. until the park opens.)
>> BUT, that not actually happening during the pandemic.
(Also, you might be thinking about "Extra Magic Hour" which is also not happening at all during the pandemic.)

Sometimes guests can get dropped off at the Contemporary Resort and walk to the MK gates, but that has it's own set of "issues" that may cause problems.

1. Plan to arrive at the MK guest drop-off point (at TTC) by one hour before posted opening time.
(Then, they will need to ride the monorail or ferry boat over from the TTC to the MK gates.)

2. Not a true situation in "normal" times (all guests can enter for the hour before park opening and shop Main St. until the park opens.)
>> BUT, that not actually happening during the pandemic.
(Also, you might be thinking about "Extra Magic Hour" which is also not happening at all during the pandemic.)

Sometimes guests can get dropped off at the Contemporary Resort and walk to the MK gates, but that has it's own set of "issues" that may cause problems.

Thanks Robo!
If they Uber in instead of drive- does it take them to TTC as well? A friend told me they used Uber to get to the parks 2 years ago while staying outside the parks and the Uber bypassed TTC each morning and took them to a lane close to where the resort buses drop you off - but I question this as factual.
If so- that would be great but just curious.

The only way to Uber that close is for them to get dropped off at the Contemporary Resort. They will need to either have a breakfast reservation, or I think they can mobile order quick serve there (someone else can chime in here). With restrictions in place, now they require you to have a meal planned at a resort I think in order to be dropped off there. In years past, there wasn’t an issue to get dropped off there, but now they want to limit those doing so. It’s a short walk from the resort.

Have a drop off at the Grand Floridian and walk to the Magic Kingdom. If Uber driver is not permitted on GF property have them drop at main gate and it is less than a five minute walk to the new walkway to the Magic Kingdom. This is a beautiful walk especially in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter