One day at Epcot!

ashnjam

Howell, Michigan
Hi guys! the DW and I are going to Florida to see some family and we set a day aside to visit Epcot. We haven't been to the Parks since 2019 and that was a Disneyland vacation. We haven't been to Epcot since 2017. We purchased tickets for Monday May 20th with our main goals of riding Soarin, Remy's, Guardians and Frozen. Should we purchase Genie + Lightning Lane or do you think we could get all of those in riding standby? Thank you for any info or tips you can give me.

Presuming you do not have early entry access, I think you will be hard-pressed to get all of those rides in without using LL or Genie+, particularly if you plan to spend time visiting World Showcase.

Hi guys! the DW and I are going to Florida to see some family and we set a day aside to visit Epcot. We haven't been to the Parks since 2019 and that was a Disneyland vacation. We haven't been to Epcot since 2017. We purchased tickets for Monday May 20th with our main goals of riding Soarin, Remy's, Guardians and Frozen. Should we purchase Genie + Lightning Lane or do you think we could get all of those in riding standby? Thank you for any info or tips you can give me.

I just did a one-day visit to Epcot this past Friday. I stayed at the Dolphin, so had early entry which helped tremendously.

My goals were not the same as yours (I did Remy in September so skipped this trip - Frozen was the big goal since it was down most of the time I was there in September). Guardians would make me sick, so didn't do that one either.

At rope drop I headed straight for Frozen and the wait was five minutes. Next up was Soarin' and the wait was just 10 minutes. My only other two must-dos were Spaceship Earth (hit that one right after Soarin, 10 minute wait) and then Test Track...but TT was down most of the morning. By the time it opened the wait was at 75 minutes, but I hopped in the single rider line and waited only 20 minutes.

Guardians is virtual queue, so that one should try to book (if you're fast) at 7am. Getting to the park early, you may get either Remy or Frozen with a lower than normal wait, but I would expect the other to have at least a 60 minute wait unless you LL/Genie +. Soarin usually has wait times that vary between 15-60 minutes. Checking the app can give you a sense of the best time to go.

Presuming you do not have early entry access, I think you will be hard-pressed to get all of those rides in without using LL or Genie+, particularly if you plan to spend time visiting World Showcase.
Okay thank you we do not have early entry and just plan on visiting WS just for a drink or two. Will probably get LL Genie+ just to be safe.

I just did a one-day visit to Epcot this past Friday. I stayed at the Dolphin, so had early entry which helped tremendously.

My goals were not the same as yours (I did Remy in September so skipped this trip - Frozen was the big goal since it was down most of the time I was there in September). Guardians would make me sick, so didn't do that one either.

At rope drop I headed straight for Frozen and the wait was five minutes. Next up was Soarin' and the wait was just 10 minutes. My only other two must-dos were Spaceship Earth (hit that one right after Soarin, 10 minute wait) and then Test Track...but TT was down most of the morning. By the time it opened the wait was at 75 minutes, but I hopped in the single rider line and waited only 20 minutes.

Guardians is virtual queue, so that one should try to book (if you're fast) at 7am. Getting to the park early, you may get either Remy or Frozen with a lower than normal wait, but I would expect the other to have at least a 60 minute wait unless you LL/Genie +. Soarin usually has wait times that vary between 15-60 minutes. Checking the app can give you a sense of the best time to go.
Thank you for your response! Did you get sick on Guardians before, or do you just know that type of ride isn't for you?

We were just there - 13 of us - we got our Guardians queue at 7am - we had early entry and went straight to Remy, wait was much longer than expected - took about 30 minutes, then to Frozen (at this time the park had opened to all), posted 45 minute wait but took about 25 minutes. We still wanted to ride Soarin and TT, but TT was down, soarin was 50 minute wait. So we did other rides - Spaceship Earth, Nemo, then to our Guardians time slot. We walked around the world showcase and ended up doing TT and Soarin' around 5pm - Soarin' was 40 minutes and Test track was 30 minutes. Overall, we had a great day - but it's not easy getting from entry to Remy and then to Frozen - tons of walking, and we are in shape. Hope you get it all done - we don't think Remy is worth the hype. Won't ride that again until wait times go down.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response! Did you get sick on Guardians before, or do you just know that type of ride isn't for you?

I've done one or two virtual rides in the past, and really didn't do well on them. I'm pretty selective on the ones I will do, and usually no more than one a day so I can still enjoy a full day at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter