One Day - Disneyland or California Adventure

Hump

Earning My Ears
Myself and 2 others will be in Anaheim in September for one day. Which is the better park for rides for adults? Should we purchase a hopper pass?

So long as you're willing to make it a long day, go for the hopper pass. DCA is probably the more "adult" park--meaning the a lot of the rides aren't as appealing to kids, but DL is, well, DL and always a good time.

Definitely do the Hopper. The parks are so close that hopping takes about 10 minutes max. You have to ride California Screamin, Soarin and Tower of Terror at DCA. But of course you cannot miss out on Disneyland! If you get there at opening and stay until it closes you can do both. Not everything but enough to get a feel for both parks. Also if crowds at Disneyland get nasty it is always a relief to have another, almost always less crowded park to go to for awhile.

We are going this Saturday for one day and got the hopper pass - it was only about $20.00 more.

I would definitely go to both parks. As it has been said, you cannot miss California Screamin and Soarin at DCA. You also cannot miss the new parade and fireworks show at Disneyland. You maybe able to catch a glimpse of the fireworkds from elsewhere, but you must watch the show from the hub (by the Walt and Mickey statute) in Disneyland. It is the most amazing Disney show I have ever seen!

Another vote for the hopper.

DL is an amazing place, and probably needs at least 2 days to see it properly.

DCA is not as good, but does have a few great rides - California soarin, Tower of terror and Grizzly river run are all essentials (And screamin if you love coasters) - but with a biyt of effort you could probably knock them off in a coupole of hours.

So, go straight to DL, queue before it opens, do as many of the big rides as you can and use fastpasses, then head to DCA for a couple of hours, then head back to Dl and finish of your rides, see the parade and see the fireworks.

You'll be exhausted but you will have a great day and see just about everything.

Many thanks for your replies. A hopper pass it will be. How do I go about booking tickets in advance, we are in Australia?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter