One Day HH Enroute to WDW

Coastie

DVC Member - VWL & BWV
Has anyone traveling along the east coast ever stay at HH just one night enroute to WDW? Is it worth leaving the I95 corridor? Or using your points? It is about 950 miles from our house to WDW.... just a little too far for one day of travel.

We have not done it yet, but we just booked one. We are going in January and staying one night at HH on the way down and back. It was only 6 points per night for the studio in January. Definitely worth it to save the money.

We paid cash to stay two nights on the way from Ohio down to WDW in 1999. Was it worth it? Well, this year we stayed at the Days Inn in Hardeeville. It was only $50 a night for the room and it was right on I-95 (HH is another 30 minutes east of the interstate). My wife and I drove out to HHI after supper to shop at the Disney Catalog Outlet store and to see if the DVC resort had improved since our stay in 1998. Things are getting better at the HH resort, but it's still a bit pricey to use as an overnight stop.

I would rather use my points to extend my stay at WDW. But if you've never been to HH, it's worth checking out at least one time. But you really can't appreciate the resort unless you stay two or more nights IMHO.

We drove from Pittsburgh to WDW last year, stopped for 3 days at HH on the way down and used a cheap motel on the return journey. In an ideal world I'd rather do it the other way round and use HH as a relaxing few days at the end of a vacation to unwind, unfortunately because of Easter it wasn't possible to book it that way round.

I thought HH is a really nice resort and well worth the visit, but if your only plan is to sleep the night and start the journey early the next day you may as well book into a cheap motel by the freeway JMHO. Mind you for 6 points a night in January it would be hard to get a good room much cheaper :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter