One Day in Disneyland-Where to Eat?

jennanyg

Earning My Ears
We are visiting Disneyland for the first time for one day (and probably only time as we are East Coasters and go to Disney World). Please tell me the must places to eat, preferably not in Downtown Disney, but in the 2 parks (we do have a Park Hopper). Thank you!

Check em out, & take your pick. Some will need reservations, others are able to mobile order, etc. But they are all good & worth spending your time & money on. :)
Blue Bayou
Tiana's
Bengal BBQ
Carthay Circle
Lamplight Lounge

Last edited:
For something special, I'd recommend Blue Bayou, as Chili327 mentioned. It's fantastic for atmosphere and I also love the food. Be sure to request a waterside table when you check in (and be sure to go to the online reservations early to book it).

Carthay Circle Lounge in DCA is very nice. They have smaller plates and great cocktails. We sat outside and people watched. The food was really good.

Aunt Cass in San Fransokyo has some very interesting new additions and I believe they still have the sourdough bread bowls (homemade in the same building by Boudin, where you can see the process in action) but I'm not positive.

Jolly Holiday has good sandwiches/soup and nice pastries.

I always love getting a sundae from Ghirardelli in DCA.

Bengal BBQ is one of my favorites and is one of the main faves on this board. My go-to there is the pork belly meal.

Honestly, there are many places with great food, but it's hard to know how formal or casual you want to go.

You don't mention whether or not you have kids so it's a little more difficult to know how to answer in some cases. If you like character meals, I'd recommend the brunch in the Grand Californian Hotel. And the poolside Bar at GCH also has some very nice lunch/dinner options (with fulll bar).

Trader Sam's is always lots of fun.

Classics for DL:
Blue Bayou Reservation Priority
Cafe Orleans Reservation Priority
Carnation Cafe Reservation Priority

Quick Service:
Bengal BBQ
Tiana's
Plaza Inn
Jolly Holiday

Honorable Mention:
Red Wagon Corn Dog

Classics for DCA:
Carthay Circle - Reservation Priority
Lamplight Lounge - Reservation Priority

Quick Service:
Cocina Cucamonga - Birria Tacos

Honorable Mention:
Award Wieners

Well, Carnation Cafe has food that Walt used to eat.
That's in Disneyland. They have Walt's Chili there ;) It's also right across the street from the Lockers ... so perfect if you want to drop off coats (lunch time) or pick up coats (dinner). But Jolly Holiday is also conveniently located near the hub and I find that Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup (yumm) is almost enough for two people!

P.S. Since I mentioned Lockers - note there are Lockers in each Park, but also one set between the Parks. Helpful if one Park closes early you don't have to stress about getting your stuff out first.

Last edited:

Table service meal - Blue Bayou, Lamplight Lounge, or Carthay Circle
Quick Service - Bengal BBQ, Jolly Holiday, Pym Test Kitchen, Cozy Cone Motel, or anything in San Fransokyo
Snacks - Little Red Wagon corn dogs, Studio Catering Co, Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, specialty churros in both parks, Mint Juleps and beignets

If you only have one day for two parks, skip the sit down, it’ll just burn up your limited time. Mobile order some quick bites and get back to the attractions. Corn dog castle is much better than little red wagon! Flo’s, San Fransokyo in DCA, Bengal Bbq in DL.
Although I totally agree with you, part of me feels like Blue Bayou is worth the time if this is may be the only chance they may ever get to DLR.

If you only have one day for two parks, skip the sit down, it’ll just burn up your limited time. Mobile order some quick bites and get back to the attractions. Corn dog castle is much better than little red wagon! Flo’s, San Fransokyo in DCA, Bengal Bbq in DL.
Although I totally agree with you, part of me feels like Blue Bayou is worth the time if this is may be the only chance they may ever get to DLR.
Technically, i agree with both of you... If you only have one day you gotta focus a little more than normal, but also Blue Bayou is one of those Old School things that you really should see/experience.

Also depends on the individual (& their idea of vacation), i could spend all day in a park & not ride anything. ;)

Aunt Cass in San Fransokyo has some very interesting new additions and I believe they still have the sourdough bread bowls (homemade in the same building by Boudin, where you can see the process in action) but I'm not positive.
Oh, absolutely. You won't find a Boudin restaurant that doesn't have sourdough soup bowls!

A lot have been mentioned, but a low-key one that I like is the bao buns at Tropical Hideaway. Skip the Dole Whip counter and head straight to the bun cart.

My usual favorites are Cafe Orleans, Aunt Cass (nee Pacific Whart), and Award Weiners.

Last edited:
A lot have been mentioned, but a low-key one that I like is the bao buns at Tropical Hideaway. Skip the Dole Whip counter and head to the bun cart.

My usual favorites are Cafe Orleans, Aunt Cass (nee Pacific Whart), and Award Weiners.
I still haven't been there yet. I waited about 5min in line once, then changed my mind & went to Bengal BBQ. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter