One day in MK in October

kymom99

DIS Veteran
We are going to be vacationing in the Clearwater area in October, and I want to spend one day visiting MK. I know it will be crowded but I haven't been in so long and I just want to drop in for a quick visit. My son is in college and he has a short break so I want to go while he is with us, as he will be flying back home before the rest of us. Looking at MNSSHP dates and avoiding those, it looks like Sunday, October 13 is our day. There is no party scheduled that day.

I see on the calendar that there is 7:00 AM opening for all onsite guests, which will not include us. So rope drop isn't going to be an option for us. I'm not sure what time we will arrive, but I'm going to shoot for 8:00-8:30. It will just depend on what time we are able to get on the road and what the traffic conditions are.

There's a slight possibility that my husband may decide not to go to the parks, and if that's the case, I may splurge for PH and go to Epcot for the second half of the day. The cost for 2 PH tickets is about the same as 3 single park tickets. If that ends up being the case, would we be better off going Monday, October 14 and leaving before the party crowd for Epcot, or stick with Sunday when there is no party?

So here are my questions:

If we arrive around 8:00 -8:30, what will the TTC parking lots be like? How long would it realistically take to get from the parking lot to the gates? We have only stayed onsite and used Disney transport, so I have no experience with this.

Should we start in Frontierland? All the research I have done tells me to go to that side first.
These are the headliner attractions we really want to try to get to-BTMRR, HM, POTC, Space, Buzz, SDMT (if feasible). The rest shouldn't be a problem I assume.

I'm not sure what kind of FP+ we can expect to get at 30 days out.

So if anyone has any advice concerning strategies, I'd love to hear!

Thanks!

So here are my questions:

If we arrive around 8:00 -8:30, what will the TTC parking lots be like? How long would it realistically take to get from the parking lot to the gates? We have only stayed onsite and used Disney transport, so I have no experience with this.

Likely fairly busy, allow yourself 20-30 min (which is generous) to park and get to the security gates. You can take the ferry or monorail but sometimes the buses are running to MK from TTC and you can catch those which are usually less crowded. But also the least magical way to arrive at MK -LOL!

Should we start in Frontierland? All the research I have done tells me to go to that side first.

Yes, the vast majority of the rope drop crowds and early morning MK park visitors will head to Fantasyland for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan, etc. If you do that, you can pick your direction from Frontierland based on the FP+ you secure for the rest of your day. Do be sure if it's been a little while since you visited that you reacquaint yourself with the FP+ system so you make the most of your day. Good luck!

Considering that this is Columbus Day weekend, I would definitely try to go as early as possible in the morning to MK. I wouldn't do the park hopper to Epcot for the second half of the day on the party day because it's Food & Wine Festival and the afternoon/evening in World Showcase is extremely crowded, even on Mondays (that's always our Epcot day) and lots of WDW guests who aren't going to the MNSSHP will be heading there as well. I don't know how long it's been since your last visit, but the crowds in October have increased exponentially every year we go and while our visits are doable, we have to dial back on our expectations due to that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter