• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day only - Saturday MK or a different park

emilymad

DIS Veteran
We are considering adding on one park day after our cruise. We were leaning towards MK but it will be the first Saturday in May so I am not sure if it will be extra crowded. I would usually avoid MK on a Saturday. Would another park be better? We won't be there at rope drop.

We love MK but it’s really personal preference - for one day I wouldn’t let the crowd make your decision :)

While MK is traditionally more crowded on a Saturday, what are your alternatives? AK will be just as packed. Epcot, lots of fun but in a different way. HS, sort of meh since they killed it but Slinky Dog is fun.

If MK is where you want to go then be all in! Book dining, plan FP+, and have a great time.

When it's one and only one Disney park the MK always wins for us, even though it is the most crowded park. Much of this is that I let DS pick and he loves the most popular park in the world, the Disney classic, the MK.

Now for me, I enjoy any of them.

We really like SeaWorld too and find that a top choice over Disney with a multigenerational family group.

I find something to love about all of the parks. We love AK but there isn't enough to do to waste a day on it. Same with HS. We did TSL on our last trip and loved it but after that the park is lacking.

We really love Epcot so that is where we are sort of torn. We usually do half days there and combined it with the other parks.

I think we are leaning towards MK as it has the most to do.

It’s not Disney unless I see a castle and ride on POTC. So for me, no matter how crowded, if I had only one day it would be MK. Enjoy!

I would go with MK. I have been to Disney every summer and it seems it really didn't matter what day we went it is always busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter