One Day, Two People, Can we conquer Epcot?

cas714

Earning My Ears
Hello! My name is Christy and I have been a lurker on the boards since I was in high school (that was 6 years ago!) Reading trip reports has become one of my favorite pastimes and feeds my Disney addictions until I can get back to my favorite place! This trip was short due to the fact I was only in Florida for a weekend, but I got to enjoya wonderful day in Epcot with my boyfriend! It's my first trip report so bare with me, it might be rough. I thought starting out with just a day trip would ease me into writing them, and I would be a pro for the next time I get a week long vacation to the world!

Now time for the introductions!

Christy (Me) princess:

I grew up surrounded by Disney, my father's side of the family lives in Florida so we would visit them at least once a year, this gave my family lots of opportunities to head to Walt Disney World. Truthfully, my parents won't admit it but the love Disney just as much as I do! I have made about 11 trips to Walt Disney World. Here is some throwback Disney pictures of me as a child.

I am currently a broadcast meteorologist in Maryland and couldn't get off work for more than a weekend for a vacation this summer, so instead of a week, I had only a day for Disney!
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Mission Space & Figment
Favorite Movie: All of them
Favorite Character: Winnie the Pooh
Favorite Princess: Belle

Justin(BF) pirate:

Justin is the reason I was headed down to Florida, he is currently an intern for a construction company working for NASA in Cape Canaveral. This fall he will be headed into his final year at Penn State studying Architectural Engineering. I was so happy he wanted to spend a day at Disney with me even when we only had a weekend to see each other before I had to head back north! He has only been to Disney World once when he was eight. This was his first time back to Epcot since then!

Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Soarin'
Favorite Movie: Lion King
Favorite Characters: Stitch & Tigger
Favorite Princess: Jasmine

Hooray! & here is a few photos of us having fun cheering on our Nittany Lions & being silly.

Thanks for joining me so far! I hope you join along for the rest of our magical filled day at Epcot! Feel free to ask me questions or comment! WOOHOO! Let's get started!:cool1:

We woke up around 6:00 AM to travel to Walt Disney World. We were traveling from the Cape Canaveral Port area.

When we stopped at McDonald's for a quick breakfast we saw one of the Disney Cruise Line busses! So magical! After breakfast I needed another memory card for my camera, so Justin dropped me off at CVS while he went to fill the car up with fuel. Finally, after a half an hour of errands we were ready to go! There wasn't much traffic on our drive. I just couldn't believe how expensive the sunbelt is! Finally we could see that all too famous sign!!! WE WERE HERE!

We were running later than we thought we would but we still managed to get our tickets from will call in time for rope drop! We opted out of getting the Magicbands since they cost extra and we were there for only a day.

Side note: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Fastpass+ system and the My Disney Experience App. We were able to get all of the major rides done in the morning and add more Fastpasses for later in the day! Also, I really think it helps spread crowds out across the park. We were there on a Saturday in June and the longest we waited for a ride was 30 min! Most were walk on!

Hi, Christy! I'm excited to "hear" about your Epcot day. We love spending time in Epcot; it is a great park!

BTW, we are HUGE Penn State fans, too. We are...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter