One Economical Night Near Disney Springs for Grandparents - Free Breakfast, Maybe

MississippiMom

Mouseketeer
We have been trying to take a multi-generational cruise since 2020, and it might actually happen in June 2022. We sail from Port Canaveral, which means some of the family will be arriving in Orlando early to enjoy a little Disney. Some of the family will be staying in Orlando after the cruise to enjoy Universal. The grandparents will not be participating in any theme parks, but will fly in one day before the cruise leaves and will shuttle to Port Canaveral with family members staying at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (Disney Springs area). The grandparents need a handicap accessible shower (no stepping over a bathtub) and, if possible, an on-site free breakfast. They will not be using resort amenities, so we were hoping to avoid “resort fee” charges.

Any Disney Springs area “Good Neighbor” hotels that should be considered? I’m having a tough time sorting through the MANY hotel options in Orlando.

Thank you so much.

We have been trying to take a multi-generational cruise since 2020, and it might actually happen in June 2022. We sail from Port Canaveral, which means some of the family will be arriving in Orlando early to enjoy a little Disney. Some of the family will be staying in Orlando after the cruise to enjoy Universal. The grandparents will not be participating in any theme parks, but will fly in one day before the cruise leaves and will shuttle to Port Canaveral with family members staying at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (Disney Springs area). The grandparents need a handicap accessible shower (no stepping over a bathtub) and, if possible, an on-site free breakfast. They will not be using resort amenities, so we were hoping to avoid “resort fee” charges.

Any Disney Springs area “Good Neighbor” hotels that should be considered? I’m having a tough time sorting through the MANY hotel options in Orlando.

Thank you so much.

Not sure what you are wanting from the "Good Neighbor" designation for them?

To shuttle with family will they Uber or have other transportation to get to the Hilton?

I would stick with the Palm Parkway hotels as they will be very close to the Hilton without all the extra fees. That should narrow your choices.

Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista has the accessible shower and free breakfast. I've stayed a few times, was renovated about 4 years ago. Wouldn't hesitate to go back. Reasonable rates. No fees.

We actually had a gang of eight that stayed there for one night before a cruise. 🚢

Last edited:
Agree with the above suggestion re: Palm Parkway properties. Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites have free breakfast and accessible rooms with roll-in showers are available. No resort or parking fees. Hilton Garden Inn is very nice, but no free breakfast.
There are quite a few Marriott properties in the area, but some of them have started charging a destination fee that is hidden and you don't know about it unless you specifically look at the taxes and fees info when you book.

Since you’re staying in the Disney Springs hotel area you could have them book at same hotel, then you’d be able to easily spend time together when you return from the parks. There are also some budget hotels like Holiday Inn and Best Western.
Mousesavers.com frequently have discounts for these hotels.

Since you’re staying in the Disney Springs hotel area you could have them book at same hotel, then you’d be able to easily spend time together when you return from the parks. There are also some budget hotels like Holiday Inn and Best Western.
Mousesavers.com frequently have discounts for these hotels.

Note Best Western closed some time ago and is undergoing a renovation to open as Drury Plaza Hotel this fall. Too late for OP but will be a great option once open. They include breakfast.

Note Best Western closed some time ago and is undergoing a renovation to open as Drury Plaza Hotel this fall. Too late for OP but will be a great option once open. They include l breakfast.
That will be a nice addition. I’ve never stayed at Drury but they always get good reviews. I’ve always stayed on site except once time I decided to arrive a day early and booked Doubletree.
I thought DTD area was a great option and now that on-site perks have pretty much disappeared my next trip I’ll be looking at this area.

To shuttle with family will they Uber or have other transportation to get to the Hilton?

I would stick with the Palm Parkway hotels as they will be very close to the Hilton without all the extra fees. That should narrow your choices.

Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista has the accessible shower and free breakfast. I've stayed a few times, was renovated about 4 years ago. Wouldn't hesitate to go back. Reasonable rates. No fees.

We actually had a gang of eight that stayed there for one night before a cruise. 🚢
I agree. This is a good choice. I’ve taken my parents. The staff was so helpful and gave them an accessible room on the first floor. One huge plus is the place is not huge so after a long day it’s easy to get to the room. In addition to breakfast there are hot drinks all day long.

I mentioned “Good Neighbor” because I assumed those are hotels in the area.

Leaning toward the Palm Parkway hotel options, and will recommend that area to the family members driving in. Those with their own vehicles should be able to pick up at MCO, if an Uber or shuttle is not available.

WaWa has grab and go breakfast and delicious coffee drinks, in addition to reasonably priced made-to-order food. There used to be a Steak N Shake and a Giordanos (Chicago deep dish pizza place) in the same parking lot as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter