• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One Happy Dog Family Lands it for Halloween -- 12/29 final post and MVMCP link!!!

You just made my morning by telling me you rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! You know that was my absolute FAVORITE ride when I was a kid! I have still not completely forgiven Pooh for taking over that space at the Magic Kingdom. :lmao: I always have to pay my respects to Mr. Toad in the Haunted Mansion graveyard. :laughing:

Love the skeletons in Frontierland -- what a festive bunch of guys. :rotfl:

Great aerial view of the Haunted Mansion from Tarzan's Treehouse. :thumbsup2

So, how was the Blue Bayou??? Do tell!

I am cracking up over the boys on the Halloween catwalk! What fun! :rotfl2:

I was about to fuss at you for not including pics from Legoland, but I guess I can wait until your summer PTR. ;) You know they are going to build one in Orlando that is supposed to open in 2012. I just hope Connor is still into them by then (he will be 13 that year! :eek: Okay, I am putting that in the denial box in my mind. ;)).

Thanks for sharing your great Disneyland trip with us! It's always so much fun reading about the Happydog gang!

Great pictures. It is so fun to get a look at Disneyland and Halloween looks to be the perfect time to visit! I have only been once and didn't get to see nearly everything. I made the mistake of thinking that I was so familiar with the Florida MK that I'd be right at home in DL... but it's so different!

What did you think of Blue Bayou? I didn't get to eat there but would love to for atmosphere alone!

Looking forward to hearing about San Diego, Christmas, your PTR plans and more Happy Dog fun.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas!! :santa:

How fun that they had all those games and trick or treat stations set up at the resorts! I am cracking up over the catwalk pics - that is too funny!

The first time we went to DL Justin was 6, I think, and he absolutely LOVED Tarzan's Treehouse. I walked through it with him once, but after that Don & I just stayed at the bottom and waited for him - I bet he went through it 4 times in a row.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures!

What a great TR Jennifer!! I got all caught up today & love looking at all of the pictures!! So many similarities & so many differences. We'll have to get out there one of these years... Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Loved it loved it loved it. I think your realization that you cannot do it all is what scares me about Disneyland...but boy do I sure want to visit there sometime soon!

What a fun (and definitely whirlwind) trip!
So cool for your boys to get to do something like that.
What a neat trick-or-treating experience.

The tile of the GC tree - I bet that is a cool souvenir. I'll be ready to see all the souvenirs. ::yes::

I will be ecstatic for Disney World Christmas pictures. :santa:

Wow! You packed so much into 48 hours.

Hi! Yes, we did! Well there was so much more, but we were okay with that. It was fun.

You just made my morning by telling me you rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! You know that was my absolute FAVORITE ride when I was a kid! I have still not completely forgiven Pooh for taking over that space at the Magic Kingdom. :lmao: I always have to pay my respects to Mr. Toad in the Haunted Mansion graveyard. :laughing:

That is TOO funny! I know I know I agree, I remember it too, when I was a kid and from the last time I was there -- I never realized that it was at WDW until I remember hearing you lament the fact on one of your PTRs or TRs... So funny! The boys had a hoot riding it, seeing the weasels! They like The Fantastic Mr. Fox so they know about Weasels!

Love the skeletons in Frontierland -- what a festive bunch of guys. :rotfl:

Great aerial view of the Haunted Mansion from Tarzan's Treehouse. :thumbsup2

So, how was the Blue Bayou??? Do tell!

They were very cute, skeletons and all! I think it was homage to Dia de las Muertos! I was expecting them to be animated!!:laughing:

The Blue Bayou was fabulous! I really wish I had a glass of wine to go with my dinner, but it was very good. I think WDW has far better presentation and choices with the restaurants but it is understandable given the size, etc.
I also like tablecloths on the signature restaurants. Blue Bayou is a signature restaurant, at least it is in my eyes and price wise! :eek: But regardless, the atmosphere cannot be beat.

I am cracking up over the boys on the Halloween catwalk! What fun! :rotfl2:

I know! WHO would have know... "work it baby!" :laughing: The photos of the photopass pics tell it all. I'll share those tonight. :thumbsup2

I was about to fuss at you for not including pics from Legoland, but I guess I can wait until your summer PTR. ;) You know they are going to build one in Orlando that is supposed to open in 2012. I just hope Connor is still into them by then (he will be 13 that year! :eek: Okay, I am putting that in the denial box in my mind. ;)).

Thanks for sharing your great Disneyland trip with us! It's always so much fun reading about the Happydog gang!

I love it.... What a Southerism... "fuss at me" :goodvibes I love it! Yes, I know I know, I figured I'd keep the Disneyland adventure a pure Disneyland trip, and that will give me something to share in my PTR... I DID see that they are coming to Orlando! 2012 seems to be the magic year for so much! New Disney upgrades, Universal, and Legoland! I am thinking we'll be up for a trip for certain that summer! Everyone in my family enjoyed Lego Land. You'll see there is fun for everyone, so I bet he'll still enjoy it!

I am glad you enjoyed my whirlwind trip! I love sharing with you all!

Great pictures. It is so fun to get a look at Disneyland and Halloween looks to be the perfect time to visit! I have only been once and didn't get to see nearly everything. I made the mistake of thinking that I was so familiar with the Florida MK that I'd be right at home in DL... but it's so different!

What did you think of Blue Bayou? I didn't get to eat there but would love to for atmosphere alone!

Looking forward to hearing about San Diego, Christmas, your PTR plans and more Happy Dog fun.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas!! :santa:

Oh you are so right! It really is very different than MK, I agree! This may have been some of my challenge, as well. But, no matter it still was a fun time to see what we did.

Blue Bayou didn't disappoint, I enjoyed my food, we all did, but like I mentioned I would have enjoyed a glass of wine, too!

Well my Christmas TR will be up by tomorrow, I want to have it done before the New Year! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well! :santa:

I'll post more replies and final pics on this TR tonight!

You did so much in 48 hours!
Your update was a reminder of how much I miss Mr. Toad.
It's so great that the resorts have Halloween activities and trick or treating.

Can't wait for your Christmas update :goodvibes

I'm caught up again! Happy belated birthday and merry Christmas to you guys! Thanks for sharing your trip. I've never been to Disneyland much less at Halloween time so it was awesome to see it! I'll be back to follow the rest of your updates. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!:santa:

You did so much in 48 hours!
Your update was a reminder of how much I miss Mr. Toad.
It's so great that the resorts have Halloween activities and trick or treating.

Can't wait for your Christmas update :goodvibes

We did! I have a few more pics and such to share and I will this evening, I should have time!

Christmas is UP! (but you know that... :lmao:)

Just wanted to pop in here and wish the HD clan a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Oh MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!!!! Come on over! Christmas has started!!! :santa:

I'm caught up again! Happy belated birthday and merry Christmas to you guys! Thanks for sharing your trip. I've never been to Disneyland much less at Halloween time so it was awesome to see it! I'll be back to follow the rest of your updates. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!:santa:

Thanks for coming over again, and Merry Christmas to you, too!

It is a neat place, so different! Come check out Christmas again, I know you enjoyed it as much as I did last year!!! ;)

Oh, Happydog, you should really link your new Christmas trip report here since your new one is already fabulous!!! :rolleyes1 ;)

CP thanks so much for getting me in gear here!!! :laughing: I will get my last few pics up tonight... the LINK is in my Siggie below for anyone who wants to come over for some belated Christmas cheer.... :santa:

So on this trip, I really didn't buy too much. In fact, I think knowing I was going to be at Disneyworld shortly after made me realize I could get most of what I would want while I was on that solo trip. So I searched for something "unique" ... her is what I came up with!

IMG_20101228_075917.jpg

IMG_20101228_075951.jpg

The insert describes the tiles, that they are hand pressed, etc., and a little more about the Grand Californian. I thought this was a unique and original gift to take back for myself.

Of course no HD family Disney trip is complete without at least TWO marshmallow sticks... so we got these at the candy store there in DTD...

Disney1367.jpg

These were actually Caramel and Chocolate dipped before they were rolled in Candy corn... they were SO heavy!!! We pull them off the stick and cut them into pieces.. the boys eat them over a few days, too much for one sitting!! :eek:

Of course I hope you recall these winners... thanks to DH... :rolleyes:

Yes, I had to find room in my suitcase for these!

Disney728.jpg

Oh, and my World of Color popcorn bucket that I didn't get to keep... :headache:

ANYWAY, actually, everyone, that is it! We bought more souvies in Legoland for OBVIOUS reasons, and I shopped a little in La Jolla, for non Disney fun!
Wait, can that actually happen??!! :laughing:

I forgot to add this... the Photopass pics of the boys at the "fashion show" :laughing:

mvmcp421.jpg

I will say, of our Starwars costumes, those costumes which were NOT cheap, they were in tatters by the end of the night. :sad2: My kids really wore them!!! Well, mostly the little one, I think he stepped on the fabric and that started it to stretch and fray... My plan is to remove all of the cool foam and molded pieces on the suits, and recraft suits for them, and then attach these pieces back on. I can sew, so making these will be a cinch. If we were going to Star Wars weekends, like SOME PEOPLE I KNOW.... cough cough :rolleyes1 we could wear them, but alas, I will probably just keep this craft project until next time we need starwars costumes!!! :confused3 I think I can retrofit them for next year :thumbsup2 Of course my DH says TRON will be the big costume next year. I don't think the interest will hold, but we will see... :scratchin

So as I said earlier, thanks for being here with me as I celebrated Halloween in Disneyland! :hmghost:

The rest of the FALL FUN vacation for the Happy Dog crew will be shared in my NEW PTR for our CRUISING extravaganza! :yay: Both the getaway cruise in February for DH and I, and our Summer vacation... the 5 day Disney Dream Cruise (2 days Castaway CAY!!!) and five days at Disney's Vero Beach!!! First cruise for our boys!!! And a first stay in Vero for all of us!! :lovestruc I will start it after New Year's ... so be on the lookout :magnify: We have to have something to while away the winter months!!! :laughing: In the mean time, please come over to my Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party Trip Report!!! :santa: It has already started, the link is BELOW in my signature!!!!
Hope you come on over!!! :wave2:

Oh my gosh, I think one bite of those marshmallow candies would be plenty - that sounds like sugar overload!!

I really like your tile, very unique to your trip, what a great find!

I'm so looking forward to reading about your February cruise - it'll make waiting for mine that much easier!

Great wrap-up, Happydog! The tile is really neat -- did you put it in your kitchen? Those candy corn treats are outrageous!!! Good idea to eat them over a couple of days! The photopass pics are great -- the Fetts on the catwalk! :laughing:

Such a shame about those costumes! Of course, it does seem a shame not to use them again for SWW...:rolleyes1;)

Thanks for sharing your fun Disneyland trip with us! Can't wait to finish reading about the fun you had on the Christmas trip and hear all about your planning for your cruise and Vero stay!

Love the tile! Very very pretty and those fashion show pics are adorable :) I can't wait to read the cruise PTR so will try to keep my eyes peeled for it to start!

Oh my gosh, I think one bite of those marshmallow candies would be plenty - that sounds like sugar overload!!

I really like your tile, very unique to your trip, what a great find!

I'm so looking forward to reading about your February cruise - it'll make waiting for mine that much easier!

There was a lot going on in those marshmallow sticks for sure!!! But they were tasty apparently, b/c the guys didn't have trouble eating them :laughing:

I am happy with the tile, too, just something that suits my house. I am looking forward to the February cruise! It should be fun. I have to definitely take lots of pics and notes!!!!

Great wrap-up, Happydog! The tile is really neat -- did you put it in your kitchen? Those candy corn treats are outrageous!!! Good idea to eat them over a couple of days! The photopass pics are great -- the Fetts on the catwalk! :laughing:

Such a shame about those costumes! Of course, it does seem a shame not to use them again for SWW...:rolleyes1;)

Thanks for sharing your fun Disneyland trip with us! Can't wait to finish reading about the fun you had on the Christmas trip and hear all about your planning for your cruise and Vero stay!

I would LOVE to use those costumes again, CP, TRUST me!!! :laughing: HOW soon is the question!!! :laughing: the treats were crazy sweet, really heavy and pure heaven :cloud9: I had a bite, I must confess, and I don't even LIKE candy corn!!! I liked the catwalk pics, too... they made me laugh.. Great embarassment factor for when they are older!! ;)

The tile is actually on a built in bookshelf in my family room, just with a few other little things I have collected around in my travels. It fit nicely there.

The cruise planning is coming along, will start that PTR next weekend! :thumbsup2

Love the tile! Very very pretty and those fashion show pics are adorable :) I can't wait to read the cruise PTR so will try to keep my eyes peeled for it to start!

Yes, well next week I think! I really thought the tile would be something different! glad you have resurfaced!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter