One last visit (not mad - just mortality sneaking up)

bsmcneil

DIS Veteran
Anyone gone with the intention/realization this would probably be the last time they go? Moreover, anyone realize they're up to that line ... but may not be able to pull it off? Money is so tight (given the amount of healthcare I've had to spend on this year, plus redcing time at work because I've been sick. I took the kids a couple of years ago - and that was good. I keep joking that since I have free air credit (but not a lot of cash/credit) that I might fly down and have breakast somewhere I like (Boma) and come on home, lol. Maybe take pins and spread the wealth. Anyway. Anyone have a trip like this planned/happen?

We're going to WDW next month with the grand kids (and their parents.) We've been to DLR and WDW enough that it's really too much of a
good thing at this point, but want to share it through the perspective of our grand kids, and will babysit one night so DD can have a date night with her DH. My DH and I are too old to walk around the parks all day so we rent scooters. Yeah, we're that old.

My family knows I purchased points at BLT for this day …in the meantime we are creating lots of memories also.
They think I will be quite happy waving them off for their fun without having to feel bad about leaving me behind to enjoy BLT even if I just have to stay in the room and look out the window.
And when I can’t actually travel I have an album overflowing with my postcard collection to remember Disney days .

While this is not a last visit to DL post but a maybe last visit to my favorite place along the West Coast, Cannon Beach, OR.
I should clarity, not for me but my 80 yr old mom. My wife and I took my mom for a long weekend trip in early September. We had an awesome time staying at Schooners Cove right there on the beach. The weather and dining was outstanding.

Little background, my first stay at Schooners Cove was with my mom and brother was in the mid 80's so this was kinda full circle moment with her. She is still spry and gets around pretty easily I do foresee some other trips to CB but the thoughts of, could this be near the end really hit me.

We encountered an older couple staying at Schooners and the husband was rather quick to say this was his last trip to CB. You could see his health was failing and it was a gut punch to see and hear this. His wife's expression at that moment was tough to see. She had a happy but pained look on her face. I could see her reliving the past summer trips with great happiness but also knowing it was coming to end.

Cherish the moments and know that you created forever memories for yourself and your loved ones

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter