One Last Vistana Question

jessiangel

Mouseketeer
We are leaving Friday to drive to Orlando. :banana: Unfortunately, I had to call and change our room request, as we requested a top floor and DH broke his ribs cutting grass Sunday (long story), so now we will need a ground floor unit since he can't maneuver stairs very well at the moment. We will be arriving later evening on Saturday. Is it still possible to check-in using the Diamond Lane? And if not, are regular check-in lines typically really long later in the evening (7-8 p.m.)? Our original plan was to fly, but DH doesn't think he can sit in a cramped seat for 3 hours (at least in the truck he can spread out), so we will be driving and arriving much later than we thought.

HI Jessiangel,

Sorry to hear about your DH!

I'm an owner at Vistana and stay there once a year.

Since you are checking in late on Friday you should be ok with the check-in line; however, I never take any chances and always sign up for Diamon Lane check-in since its free. It's just a comfort thing. Unless the policy has changed you must sign up 72 hours prior to your check-in day. You can always try though.

Typically Saturday afternoon is the busy check-in time for the resort. The lines can be extremely long. :scared1:

A couple notes about the resort (don't know if you've stayed there before). It is very nice. We really enjoy it! We always stay in the Cascades since we own there and it is the newest section. The General Store, Zimmies, and the Super Pool are walking distance from the Cascades. There is also a nice pool behind Zimmies with a great bar. They make great specialty drinks!

Also, twice a week Zimmies has an all-you-can-eat family BBQ. We really enjoy that. Sitting outside by the pool at Zimmies with a hamburger is the best. Make sure to check the information packet you receive at check-in to see what nights it is being held.

Have a great trip! :)

We will be arriving later evening on Saturday. Is it still possible to check-in using the Diamond Lane? And if not, are regular check-in lines typically really long later in the evening (7-8 p.m.)? Our original plan was to fly, but DH doesn't think he can sit in a cramped seat for 3 hours (at least in the truck he can spread out), so we will be driving and arriving much later than we thought.

Hi Jessie,
So sorry about your dh ! That's got to be very sore. I would still prefer flying over driving though. But I wish you luck with the drive.
As for the DL check-in. The line is only open from 11 am to 7 pm. So if you are arriving after 7 pm, you'll need to go in the regular line. Hopefully it won't be long. I would still fill out your requests on the DL form and stated ground floor or elevator building for medical reasons. Also, let Vistana know you'll be arriving later in the evening on Saturday.

Good luck. Hope you can report back with pics on your trip !!!

Safe trip Jessie ! Hope your husband is doing a little better. Have a great time and post back when you return :cool1:

Thanks so much Maria! Haven't had a chance to post in a few days. With work and trying to take care of DH, I haven't even packed or gotten my last minute dinner reservations. Looks like we may wing it this trip. Sometimes it seems that makes the best vacation. I will definately post a trip report about Vistana when we get back and am keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully we will get some great pictures of the resort to post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter