One more request and I promise I'll stop bugging you!

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
You all have been so amazingly helpful and generous, and I hate to ask for something else, but . . . .

I'm taking a group of 11 theater students of mine (really incredible 7th-12th graders) to Disney World for 8 nights in June. They're going to be doing all the regular Disney stuff plus some very special things through the Youth Education Program - a backstage tour at Cirque, an acting class at Epcot, a video production class at MGM, discussion sessions with Disney designers and performers, etc. They are so excited. They've raised all the money themselves over the last year.

I want to make a couple of t-shirts for them to wear on the days we do our classes. What I'd really like is some kind of theater related graphic (maybe Director Mickey with his megaphone and director's chair or some Disney character with a spotlight or stage, Minnie in her dressing room doing makeup, etc.) and the following words somewhere on the design:

University of the Ozarks
Kid's College Theatre Program
Walt Disney World Tour
June 2006

I was thinking maybe "University of the Ozarks Kid's College Theatre Program" somewhere on the front with the graphic and then maybe "Walt Disney World Tour June 2006" on the back of the t-shirt. There are boys and girls in the group, so the design needs to either be appropriate for either sex, or I would need a boy design and a girl design. (For instance - The guys might draw the line at wearing Minnie or Piglet on their shirt, but the girls would have no problem with wearing Mickey or Goofy!)

Is there anyone (or several anyones) who are willing to give this a try for me? I know it's a lot of work and I realize that the kind of clipart I'm looking for may be hard to find, but you really will be making some very special kids really, really happy! I've just been blown away by the generosity of everyone on this board when it comes to sharing their talent and time.

If there is more than one designer willing to give this a whirl, that would be great, too. I'd actually like to make them 2 shirts, so more than one design is fine!

This is the last project for this trip, I promise!! And then I'll leave you all alone until I start planning our next family trip.

You guys are the best!! :sunny:

having been in theater - this was a lot of fun!!

clapboard.jpg

Oh my gosh!! That is perfect!! It's absolutely perfect. How adorable!! :worship: :worship:

The kids are going to flip when they see that!!

And, gosh, you're fast!! pixiedust:

I really can't thank you enough!! :cheer2:

Is this one the right size to save and use, or do I need to get one pm'd to me? (I'm kind of clueless!)

Kate--your design is terrific (as usual)! I was trying to come up with something, and yours is already done (and much, much better than anything I could come up with).

GEM--have a terrific trip with all the kids! It sounds like quite an opportunity!

Beth

Thanks, guys!!

Beth, I'd love to see what you come up with! :sunny:

We're really excited about the trip, and having the shirts and things is going to be so special for the kids! Things like that really mean a lot to kids that age!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter