one more west coast beach question - day passes? Red tide?

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
Hi-we will be in Orlando the second week in May and doing some park days. We would like to do 1 day at a west coast beach (I see some suggestions of Sarasota area? Siesta key?). Are there any beaches that are easier to do a day at or is there such a thing as resort passes for a day with beach access? or any way to pay for easy access/sun chairs? Finally, is it likely that the red tide I am reading about will still be there in a month?

Hi-we will be in Orlando the second week in May and doing some park days. We would like to do 1 day at a west coast beach (I see some suggestions of Sarasota area? Siesta key?). Are there any beaches that are easier to do a day at or is there such a thing as resort passes for a day with beach access? or any way to pay for easy access/sun chairs? Finally, is it likely that the red tide I am reading about will still be there in a month?
I would def map out and see how long it's going to take to get to these locations. That is lots of driving for one day at the beach.

Drove to Clearwater on Friday. 1 hour 45 min in the morning. It took 2 hours 45 minutes to get back because there was an accident. Worth it for us. You have to figure about 2 hours each way. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

does anyone know what the worst time for traffic would be on the route from International Drive area to St Pete? Is it typical rush hour timing - 8-9 am 4-6 kind of timing that would be the worst?

does anyone know what the worst time for traffic would be on the route from International Drive area to St Pete? Is it typical rush hour timing - 8-9 am 4-6 kind of timing that would be the worst?
I went on a weekend day, and traffic was heavy all day. Maybe someone else can comment on weekday traffic.

Traffic backs up along I-4W between the Beachline and Hwy. 27 and in Downtown Tampa where I-4 and I-275 merge. And it'll back up elsewhere due to construction, accidents, tourists 😬 . . .

I wouldn't drive 5 hours for maybe 5 hours at the beach, but it's your vacation.

Traffic can be...crazy...you could get lucky or be not so much LOL, also, they are doing construction on the Howard Frankland bridge so if that is part of your route to where you go, it can backup.

Maybe check out the website for SunWest park in Pasco County? It's not amazing but it's nice and has stuff for kids to do, and it's easier to get to (I would go 192 to 27 north to 50 west, all the way to US 19 then turn left.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter