One night after flying in

DISfam2401

Mouseketeer
We are getting ready to book flights for a February stay and strangely, it's a lot cheaper to fly in on a Saturday vs a Sunday. We already have a split stay booked but are probably going to book a one night stay just for Saturday night. We'd get to MCO at 9pm - any advice on booking that one night? We once stayed at the airport hotel in a snowstorm and it worked well but it's booking at almost $400! Somewhere offsite? (but then how do we get our stuff to the Boardwalk the next day? A cheap room at the All-stars? We're a family of 4 and the kids are 6 and 12. Thanks for any advice.

We are getting ready to book flights for a February stay and strangely, it's a lot cheaper to fly in on a Saturday vs a Sunday. We already have a split stay booked but are probably going to book a one night stay just for Saturday night. We'd get to MCO at 9pm - any advice on booking that one night? We once stayed at the airport hotel in a snowstorm and it worked well but it's booking at almost $400! Somewhere offsite? (but then how do we get our stuff to the Boardwalk the next day? A cheap room at the All-stars? We're a family of 4 and the kids are 6 and 12. Thanks for any advice.
I would do the cheapest room where Disney will still transfer the luggage.

Unless you’re hitting DHS or EP and then I’d consider Swolphin for early morning boat access (Disney also transfers luggage to/from Swolphin).

We stayed one night at Wyndham @ Disney Springs. We had a Towncar service take us there from MCO, then pick us up and take us to the Poly for our week long stay. Rate was $130 +tax/fees. That extra transfer was $75 on top of the round trip fee.

I would weigh the cost of all that and see how much extra it is to fly out on Sunday when adding everything else in. Flying in late and then up early the next morning (and then waiting to check in to your resort can be taxing - esp. on the kids.

🌺

Did you check the rates for the Hyatt Regency inside MCO? When I did it, staying at the Hyatt was only $40 more than any of the All-Star resorts.

You have many options but that depends on budget.
The cheapest and most hassle free free way will be to stay at a Disney Hotel. You pay transfers once and Disney will move your luggage.
I will however approach this with a word of caution... Before you book that evening flight check the on time percentage. Last time I decided to do something similar to this I ended up getting to AKL at 5AM, I ahould have been there around 10PM. Thankfully they still had ME at the time and they ran 24 hours a day. If you are booking a shuttle they no longer run 24hours so make sure you have a backup plan and ask about the refund policy in a case like this.

We've done this and stayed at the MCO Hyatt, which was great. I was super impressed with the service and the rooms were nice. But for $400 a night, you could get yourself on Disney property and have your bags transferred for you.

The cheapest option will be almost certainly be to stay offsite. Lyfts/Ubers to transport you and your bags still should be cheaper than staying onsite. Many offsite places also have free breakfast.

That being said, taking advantage of Disney moving your bags and simply getting up and heading to a park the next morning isn't a wrong answer either.

We are in a similar situation for our trip in April. about 1/3 the price to fly in on Friday night vs Saturday morning. Our check-in for the Poly is 3pm on Saturday, so getting in late Saturday is a no go! As another poster above said, we do not want to get to our resort late (9:30pm at the earliest!) and then get up with kids (6/8) the next morning for MK.

So ... we are thinking about booking a room at All-Star Music or Pop Century for around $225/night (Easter week!). Most of the Hilton properties we looked at (where I normally stay when I book hotels) were in the $190-250 range) so we figured the convenience of staying where Disney could move our bags to Poly for us would be nice.

FWIW, that's our plan as of right now.

The conveniences of being on property cant be beat. In the magic when you get up and you can be off enjoying the morning in the parks first thing.I did this and stayed at an All Star .

If the airport hotels are too expensive I would take the lowest rate room at a Disney hotel or consider a room at one of the Disney Springs hotels. You can find those to be much cheaper than Disney and for your purposes probably would work out fine.

You don’t mention whether or not you have park tickets on Sunday.

I would try to get a room at Boardwalk. If that doesn’t work I would try to find somewhere else on property but I would rather not do a 3 way split.

We added a day so we could fly in late the day before and have a fresh start. We will arrive around 9 pm and I just added a night onto CSR (where we are staying the entire 9 nights). That way we can unpack, get a good nights rest, hit RD and just enjoy our morning without the hassle of packing back up and moving.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to watch flights for a while longer and see if they come down since the trip is still 5 months away. I agree I'd love to change our stay to just add an extra night to Boardwalk but we're renting points for a villa so it's not possible. We don't have park tickets yet, but could certainly add an extra day. Arrival day we usually just hang out at the pool and go to Disney Springs for dinner.

Check out the rates at the Disney Springs hotels. You can get some pretty good deals especially this far out from your trip

All Stars would be my first choice if you don't have a car. They will do the luggage transfer in the morning for you, which is way easier than getting a transfer from any other hotel.

All Stars would be my first choice if you don't have a car. They will do the luggage transfer in the morning for you, which is way easier than getting a transfer from any other hotel.
Only downside is the time it will take for the transfer and that they won’t deliver the luggage unless you are in your room.

Only downside is the time it will take for the transfer and that they won’t deliver the luggage unless you are in your room.
That is true, you'll have to be ok with not having your luggage during the day. They delivered it at 11 pm at AKL when I had a full park day, so I never had to come back and pick it up. I did have to wait 30 minutes to take a shower, but they actually apologized when they delivered it, so I think that's a lot longer than it normally takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter