One of my MagicBand boxes was clearly opened prior to arriving at my house.

Rosanne

DIS Veteran
I don't think I should be worried. The cardboard strip that connects top to bottom was completely off and the box was taped with packing tape longways and shortways (like a t or a cross). Everything else seems to be in order and I checked on MDE and everything seems okay. I had already received the first set a few days earlier (split stay) intact.

Wondering... is it pretty common for this to happen? I wondered if the post office was worried it was something dangerous or something or if whoever packs the bands forgot something or if there are random accuracy checks or something.

Your MB's have been replaced with cuffs that transmit a radio signal to tell a large multinational conglomerate everything that you do. What you eat, where you go, what you, what you spend. I think you should be very worried!:cool2:
This response needs to come with a "don't drink while reading" warning. :)

I like that the new boxes break down to recycle much easier.

Can't fathom how it got opened. But also can't fathom what bad could happen if someone saw one and gave it back. So seems harmless. Still odd

Your MB's have been replaced with cuffs that transmit a radio signal to tell a large multinational conglomerate everything that you do. What you eat, where you go, what you, what you spend. I think you should be very worried!:cool2:
That's a good one! However I remember a few years ago when they were just starting MBs, someone on here was worried Disney was gonna keep tracking them after they got home. I guess they didn't believe the band would be deactivated after the trip was over :rolleyes1

My box of magic bands was also clearly opened. A rubber band was wrapped around the box.

Thanks for the replies. It seemed odd mostly because it's not that easy to "accidentally" pull that cardboard strip off. I saved the boxes from the initial magic bands (Wow. I miss how much smaller they were.) I guess I'll recycle one of the boxes this week and take out the paper round thing from the other so all the bands can fit in one box.
Interestingly, (to me, anyway) I had a different MDE account with another set of bands from another trip. I'd set up that MDE account when the system wouldn't let me log into my initial one. Anyway, up until today they were separate. As of today, Disney merged the bands from my other account into this one. In good news, that trip was only 16 months ago so maybe the long range will work on those smaller bands? My original set is over two years old so I'm pretty sure those are toast for long range.

My box of magic bands was also clearly opened. A rubber band was wrapped around the box.

Odd, isn't it?

I bet the end of the "zipper" on the box probably just got caught on something sticking out (say, on the side of the truck), and pulled off as it was moved with stacks of other boxes (without someone noticing). I've received several boxes opened and taped shut from UPS - nothing ever missing. Not saying it can't be intentional, though. I'm sure theft does happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter