One of the funniest things I've ever heard at WDW:

passing by a family on Main Street in MK, I heard the father to his son say, "but first we have to suffer through it's a small world for your mother..."

made me giggle ;)

:rotfl2: If that was in late July 2009. it may have been me.

12/5 MVMCP we ride Space Mountain. I am in seat 1 DW in seat 2 and a family of 4 behind us. As we are exiting the ride when the wife and I overhear a boy about 9-10 tell his mom, "I was going to scream, but there was an old lady in front of me"

Yep, you guessed it. That was the kid sitting behind my wife.

:rotfl:

I am telling everybody that story!!!

:eek:,:rotfl2:, I know you are NOT going to do your wife like that:lmao:

This was not overheard, but I do remember the one dis-er that posted about her oldest daughter/cousin taking her younger daughter to the bathroom and she said that her youngest daughter said to the oldest guess what? And she said what, to which she replied that she ( little one) did not have Herpes any more:scared1:, and loudly. But what she meant was that she did not have Hurt pees anymore as she was recently cured of a UTI:lmao:

If that is what was said, there are 2 possibilities:

1) The person was meaning to ask if there were any rides in that particular area

2) The person failed to notice ToT, which really is the only ride that is pretty clearly visible at DHS, and did not get a map to check out what all was in the park. It would be easy for someone unfamiliar with the park to assume that DHS was mainly for stage shows and street performers.

Oh ya....to the PP who mentioned Spaceship Earth, the first time I went to WDW I did not know it was anything other than a big golf ball looking thing LOL. It wasn't until my 2nd trip there that my boyfriend at the time mentioned that there was in fact a ride inside in there LOL!

When I was a CM I heard it all, but my favorite was...

"ma'am, do you work here?"--- me "yes how can I help you"-- my thought "no, I just wear a hoop skirt, and a puffy off white shirt because I think it is cute"

while working at MK
guest-"ma'am, can you tell me where I can find The Haunted Mansion?"
me-"yes sir, it is at Disney's MGM Studios" (it was DHS yet)
guest- "where's that, I don't see it on the map"
me-"well it is a different theme park"
guest- well this is disney world isn't it?
me-"yes your are at MK, the haunted mansion is at MGM, and it is all a part of disney"
guest-"WHAT do you mean 4 themeparks!!!"

Back when my kids were small, we were in line to meet Mulan and the lady behind us, who knew very well that my kids had autograph books in hand,
said, "Them autograph books is so stupid!" with a nasty look at my kids. It was all I could do not to correct her poor English and her rudeness. DH still says that at random times.

I love how the lady thought getting the character's autograph is stupid, yet waiting in line to meet said character isn't. :confused: :lmao:

while working at MK
me-"yes your are at MK, the haunted mansion is at MGM, and it is all a part of disney"
I hope you meant to type that they asked you where can I find Tower of Terror, not Haunted Mansion!

More sad than funny. We were on line for a ride at MK and we overhear a guy behind us say "I have been waiting my whole life to go on 20,000 leagues under the sea, so we should go there next." I felt so bad.

I had a coworker who was going to Disneyworld over Christmas Vacation. I had just been in August so I showed her some of my pictures. When she got back she said 'I am upset with you. I had to buy sweatshirts for my family because in your pictures, you are wearing tank tops and we went it was cold." I felt like saying "I'm sorry, I didn't think I needed to explain to you that there is different weather in August and December!"

Remember, 90%+ of guests have no plan at all. No TGM, no RM, no TP. Even with RM, I always grab a map, but I don't notice many other people doing so.

The times I most often see other people with a map is when they come to a dead stop to read it on the walkway right in front of me. ;)

while working at MK

Please tell me that you mistyped. The Haunted Mansion is definitely in the Magic Kingdom.

A few years back we were in line for Dinosaur at Ak and a I noticed that the family in front of us had very young children with them. I ask them if this there first trip here and they reply yes (not very friendly people). I couldn't help myself so I say, this ride can be kind of scary for young children (quietly so the children couldn't hear). I like to ride the ride myself first to see if I think its ok for my kids. Well you'd think at this point I was trying to be mean to them the way they looked at me. They said they knew what they were doing and gave me a dirty look. Ok now I felt bad, but I was in the same car as them. Oh my gosh, :scared1:till this day have never heard children scream so loud or cry so much. :rotfl2:
I think I would have recorded it on video and posted on YouTube. But that's just me.:lmao: Look at the guy with the video camera (me) Scared out of her mind is my oldest DD:lmao:
ee678970.jpg

On our recent trip my youngest Dd 6 had to use the bathroom quite urgently. I get her set on the potty and she starts singing very loudly, "taking care of business, everyday, taking care of business oh yeah." I almost fell over laughing so hard.
And I wonder how she got potty trained? Hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes1

12/5 MVMCP we ride Space Mountain. I am in seat 1 DW in seat 2 and a family of 4 behind us. As we are exiting the ride when the wife and I overhear a boy about 9-10 tell his mom, "I was going to scream, but there was an old lady in front of me"

:lmao: Keep telling at Family get togethers. It will last forever!!

The times I most often see other people with a map is when they come to a dead stop to read it on the walkway right in front of me. ;)
This happened at least 2-3 times a day. How rude can you get?

Please tell me that you mistyped. The Haunted Mansion is definitely in the Magic Kingdom.
popcorn::

And to add to the fun, While DW and I were waiting to get a photopass photo at MGM I got us both Mickey head ice cream:love:. Yes it was some where in the low to mid 40's for temps, the boy looked at his mom and said "You said it was too cold for ice cream". Even the the ice cream bars got covered in frost!!
4cc1c86d.jpg

I heard a lady ask a CM @ Toy Story Mania, "When are you going to start giving out fastpasses again?" :confused3

Walking past the American pavilion in EPCOT, DH overhear two ladies reading the sign about the American Adventure show.

"Starring Ben Franklin and Mark Twain, I didn't know Mark Twain was still alive?" I guess she thought Benjamin Franklin was alive but wasn't sure about Mark Twain:confused3

Standing in line at the Haunted Mansion, there was two older couples behind us in line. They were discussing the Liberty Square riverboats. One man said he thought it was the boat that took you back to your hotel.;)

Awhile back I heard a woman talking to another woman saying she was staying at "The Wilderness Lodge, that's the one where they have lions roaming around the hotel."
3.gif

On our last trip, DW and I were at Epcot on our way out, and walked by a father and son. The son kept saying over and over "I want to go to DISNEY." Each time the father said "you ARE at Disney," I laughed a little. I only laughed because I was the same way when I was little.

Not AT Disney - but heard on the airplane going there just before takeoff - a DM to her kids in a 100% serious tone of voice:

"Here, everyone take a piece of gum. You have to chew it during take-off or your head will explode."

She also later told them something about wearing there seatbelts in case "the plane starts dropping out of the sky". We couldn't help but wonder how terrified these kids were of flying.

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful stories! Each year we hear a couple of "good ones" during our park visits!

These are two of my favorites from this year!

Eating dinner at Les Chefs de France on Sunday 12/19 we heard a mom at the next table encouraging her young son to eat a little quicker as they had tickets to Mickey's Christmas Party and they were very special as they were going to be the only ones in the park. Poor little boy was probably very surprised to see the crowds at the sold out MVMCP.

Walking past the new La Cantina de San Angel I heard a mother exlaim to her young daughter "you can have taco bell anytime and we are not having it here".

Great Thread!!!

hahaha!!! This is so embarrasing. I just remembered this.... Back in oh 97, I went to disney for a band trip. First time on TOT. Somehow... us HS girls started freaking out in the elevator ride up (not even in the ride vehicles), thinking they would drop us randomly. Without seats or harnesses:rotfl2: We actually sat on the floor and the CM said oh yes, this is where it happens.

I can't believe I admitted to that but Hi-Larious!

OK, I'll admit to expecting the drop in that pre-show room on my first visit to ToT also!

Speaking of ToT, the cutest quote I've ever heard at WDW was at ToT - a little guy about 5 or 6 was in line in front of us and when we got into the lobby area of the queue he says "it looks kinda webby"

This made me literally LOL!

Not AT Disney - but heard on the airplane going there just before takeoff - a DM to her kids in a 100% serious tone of voice:

"Here, everyone take a piece of gum. You have to chew it during take-off or your head will explode."

She also later told them something about wearing there seatbelts in case "the plane starts dropping out of the sky". We couldn't help but wonder how terrified these kids were of flying.

This one made me literally LOL as well! Too funny.

And my all time favorite quote that I've overheard: we had just gotten off of Maelstrom back in the days before they really let you choose whether or not to watch the movie. There was a mom and daughter, maybe about 8 years old. The mom grabs the daughter's arm so they could quick scoot out the doors before they closed saying "we ain't got time for this cultural S#%T"

DH and I still quote that phrase :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter