One of the funniest things I've ever heard at WDW:

This was back in June 2010.

My family and I were walking into the main area of Typhoon Lagoon and Stitch had come out to greet everyone. This one lady said loudly (basically so everyone could hear), "Oh look its Stitch...or is it Nemo? I can't remember!" I laughed so hard and was embarrassed for her.

I was privy to a similar type of conversation, but it was pretty contentious.

I did the land/sea package the first three years and you go to the cruise line desk whether you are going on the cruise first or to the resort.

A couple next to me with two young children (you had to go to the counter no matter what to show you had all of your requirements to travel outside the country) were arriving and the husband was getting quite frustrated. Here's how it went down.

CM: Good morning, sir. What resort are you staying at?

Husband: Walt Disney World resort.

CM: Yes, sir. But what resort.

Husband(a bit frustrated): The Walt Disney World Resort.

CM: Yes, I am sorry sir, but which resort are you staying at?

Husband: ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING? I SAID WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT.

CM: Let's try this another way, do you have your package information.

Husband: What package?

CM: From your travel agent.

CM: A package with information from your travel agent, that came from Disney that included all of your tickets, transportation coupons, luggage transfers, etc.

Husband: We left it home.

CM: Why did you do that sir?

Husband: Because our travel agent told us Disney takes care of everything.

CM: Okay, let's try this another way. Do you have identification with your full name on it, let's see if we can find your reservation in the system.

CM: Sir I found your reservation. Now, did you put the yellow tags on your baggage so that it would be delivered to your resort.

Husband: NO, I DID NOT BECAUSE....

CM: Let me guess, because the travel agent told you that Disney will take care of everything while you are on vacation. Let me see if I can find what airline you were on and see if I can't call the airline and get your baggage claim tickets, so we can retrieve your bags.

After several minutes of calling here, there and everywhere, and getting their bags and tagging them to get over to the resort, which was Wilderness Lodge by the way..... they are ready to get on the bus.

CM: Sir, if I might suggest, next time it might make your stay more enjoyable if you read through the package information before you leave home and bring it with you as shown in the instructions.

Husband: Do you think I would even dream of coming back to a place that is so totally f.....ed up. Forget it.

And after all that time the CM spent to get them there, etc. and not a thank you.

Wow! That takes clueless to a whole new level. I'm surprised he even packed his own bags, after all " Disney takes care of everything".:rotfl:

Wow! That takes clueless to a whole new level. I'm surprised he even packed his own bags, after all " Disney takes care of everything".:rotfl:

I couldn't help but snicker, but he was really, really, really agitated and I wasn't about to laugh out loud.

I was just happy I was going to CBR and not on the same bus with them.

My fiancées bought something at one of the Universal stores at the airport. We head over to ME and as we start through the queue one of the CMs notices him carrying the Universal bag and says something like "sorry sir, you cant have that Universal Studios bag on the Disney Bus". I laugh at the joke and keep walking, DF says, "oh, right, sorry!" I turn around and the two CMs are cracking up and my DF is putting the bag in his suitcase!! It wasn't until I told him the man was joking that he got it!

When we went to the front desk to buy our park tickets there was a guy probably in his early 20's asking if they had Halloween Horror Nights for later that week.

CM, very politely "no, that's at Universal"
guy "so you don't sell them?"
CM "ummm, no"
guy walks to his friends "they don't any" :confused3

This one was overheard not at WDW, but in a gate waiting area at the Memphis Airport, when it was still a hub for NWA. As we were waiting for a flight from Memphis to our home town (we had not been to WDW that trip) a woman sitting near us was having one of the those "I'm on a cell phone so I have to scream" conversations. She was talking to her mother, and her side went something like this:

"Hi, Mom. Yeah, we're in Memphis waiting for the flight. ... Yeah, it was fun - hot, though. ... You're never going to believe this. You know that big golf-ball looking thing at the World's Fair park, the one you have to walk under to get in? There's a RIDE inside that thing now. ... No, I'm not kidding, it's a real ride. ... I know, I know; I guess they must have put it in just this past year... All those years with all that space wasted, when they could have had a ride in there."

At this point, my then 11 yo DS was nearly falling out of his chair laughing. (The first full sentence that boy spoke at age 2 came after his first ride on Spaceship Earth -- he said, "That's good riding!")

OMG - these are GREAT! Makes me want to bring a notebook to jot things down that I overhear when we go in March. Although DH already things I'm a nut with my touring plan, Lord knows what he'd think then! :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, yes! I think I'll have to be making notes in notepad on my phone!

I love this thread!

A few years ago, I got on the TTA, thinking it would be a wonderful leisurely way to get off my feet for a bit and just close my eyes and enjoy the ride.

A mother and her son (probably in his 20's) were on the ride a few seats before me.

Suddenly, I hear this woman scream at the top of her lungs as it starts getting dark - I realize we are going through the tunnel near Space Mountain. At first I thought she was afraid of the dark or something.

But, I mean this woman was screaming at the top of her lungs and wouldn't stop.

Finally, she screamed to her son, "I told you I am not going on that ride, you get me off of this thing right now."

She thought we were riding into the Space Mountain Ride itself. Ugh.

I'm not going to lie... When I rode the TTA the first time (And I think I was about 10) I started flipping out when I saw the sign for Space Mountain and that we were going into it. I thought we were actually riding Space Mountain :laughing:

Me (into my radio): Um, God? This is Innoventions Greeter. Could you please turn off the rain?

This made me laugh for so long. I love it.

I heard this while in line for Space Mountain: "Oh you have to go ride this rollercoaster that has Aerosmith.. I think it's called Rock'n'Rollercoaster. Yeah.
It's at Universal." :rolleyes1

I was privy to a similar type of conversation, but it was pretty contentious.

I did the land/sea package the first three years and you go to the cruise line desk whether you are going on the cruise first or to the resort.

A couple next to me with two young children (you had to go to the counter no matter what to show you had all of your requirements to travel outside the country) were arriving and the husband was getting quite frustrated. Here's how it went down.

CM: Good morning, sir. What resort are you staying at?

Husband: Walt Disney World resort.

CM: Yes, sir. But what resort.

Husband(a bit frustrated): The Walt Disney World Resort.

CM: Yes, I am sorry sir, but which resort are you staying at?

Husband: ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING? I SAID WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT.

CM: Let's try this another way, do you have your package information.

CM: From your travel agent.

CM: A package with information from your travel agent, that came from Disney that included all of your tickets, transportation coupons, luggage transfers, etc.

Husband: We left it home.

CM: Why did you do that sir?

Husband: Because our travel agent told us Disney takes care of everything.

CM: Okay, let's try this another way. Do you have identification with your full name on it, let's see if we can find your reservation in the system.

CM: Sir I found your reservation. Now, did you put the yellow tags on your baggage so that it would be delivered to your resort.

Husband: NO, I DID NOT BECAUSE....

CM: Let me guess, because the travel agent told you that Disney will take care of everything while you are on vacation. Let me see if I can find what airline you were on and see if I can't call the airline and get your baggage claim tickets, so we can retrieve your bags.

After several minutes of calling here, there and everywhere, and getting their bags and tagging them to get over to the resort, which was Wilderness Lodge by the way..... they are ready to get on the bus.

CM: Sir, if I might suggest, next time it might make your stay more enjoyable if you read through the package information before you leave home and bring it with you as shown in the instructions.

Husband: Do you think I would even dream of coming back to a place that is so totally f.....ed up. Forget it.

And after all that time the CM spent to get them there, etc. and not a thank you.

hmmm, how far can you take the "Disney will take care of everything"

- "um, I hope they don't expect me to cut up my own steak. I thought that Disney will take care of everything?"

- "honey, you didn't flush the toilet" ... "Don't worry, Disney will take care of everything "

- "Honey, where are the kids?" ... "Don't worry, Disney will take care of everything"

hmmm, how far can you take the "Disney will take care of everything"

- "um, I hope they don't expect me to cut up my own steak. I thought that Disney will take care of everything?"

- "honey, you didn't flush the toilet" ... "Don't worry, Disney will take care of everything "

- "Honey, where are the kids?" ... "Don't worry, Disney will take care of everything"

But they sort of flush the toilets for you ....

This one was overheard not at WDW, but in a gate waiting area at the Memphis Airport, when it was still a hub for NWA. As we were waiting for a flight from Memphis to our home town (we had not been to WDW that trip) a woman sitting near us was having one of the those "I'm on a cell phone so I have to scream" conversations. She was talking to her mother, and her side went something like this:

"Hi, Mom. Yeah, we're in Memphis waiting for the flight. ... Yeah, it was fun - hot, though. ... You're never going to believe this. You know that big golf-ball looking thing at the World's Fair park, the one you have to walk under to get in? There's a RIDE inside that thing now. ... No, I'm not kidding, it's a real ride. ... I know, I know; I guess they must have put it in just this past year... All those years with all that space wasted, when they could have had a ride in there."

At this point, my then 11 yo DS was nearly falling out of his chair laughing. (The first full sentence that boy spoke at age 2 came after his first ride on Spaceship Earth -- he said, "That's good riding!")

Okay, now this is funny, really, really funny.:thumbsup2

Oh the stories I have everyone... haha. Let me just say one thing...

"Where is the dome that goes up around Magic Kingdom to prevent it from raining???"

:sad2::rotfl2::lmao::banana::laughing::eek

kkjf;oawehafahf'paehg'pahf'pajg'apjgf LOLWUT!!!!!

Oh the stories I have everyone... haha. Let me just say one thing...

"Where is the dome that goes up around Magic Kingdom to prevent it from raining???"

:sad2::rotfl2::lmao::banana::laughing::eek

kkjf;oawehafahf'paehg'pahf'pajg'apjgf LOLWUT!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: Oh my, that is so sad :sad2: I really feel sorry for these people :laughing: I just wonder who told them that.... hahahaha.

I am really not sure I could restrain myself if I ran into some of the people that have been talked about on this thread. I plan on listening very carefully when I get there and hopefully will hear something fun!!!

There are times when you just want to ask, "What color is the sky in YOUR world????"

Most of you are saying you sang it in the 70s. Well, when I said "olden days" I was talking early 60s. :eek: That's well before the Vietnam era!

I, too, sang that song in the 60's in grammar school. when Adam West was batman on tv.

One of them had just found out about Fastpass the previous day and the other was attempting to see all 4 parks in one day. It was quite an amusing conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter