• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One park per day and no park hopping

NYDisneyKid

Expedition Everest Record Holder
Has this been confirmed positive or still just a rumor? I don't have time to read all posts on here (at least I don't think it's policy that you have too)

Still a rumor-or at least I should say— the park hopping option hasn’t been removed from my July 19th trip, and my club level also has not been removed as well...

Still a rumor-or at least I should say— the park hopping option hasn’t been removed from my July 19th trip, and my club level also has not been removed as well...
But the reservation just to go to the parks is?

My Sept trip still says park hopper....but the way I read it....you need to reserve youyr spot in a park for a day.....doesn't look good!

I am pretty sure that I read that you will only be alt to have a reservation for one park, per day so therefore no hopping.

I have an August 15-20 Pop stay with 6 day tix park hopper reservation. Still says 6 day with park hopper with expiration of 8/23/20 on MDE. Fingers crossed that by then they’ll have it all figured out and park hopping will be allowed 🤞🏻

Hoping that if there is no hopping, a person can at least leave their reserved park, take an afternoon break, then re-enter for the evening. That wouldn’t be so bad.
I’m hoping that we’ll be able to return at a later time too. Although with the new park hours (AK closing at 6pm and MK closing at 7pm), it would not leave a lot of “evening” time.

The source of the no hopping rumor came from some British TAs. For example, Virgin Holidays sent the following message to its travelers, but Disney has not said yet whether park hopping is cancelled or will still be possible, and as such it is still a rumor:

“A new park reservation system

When the parks reopen, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system.

To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required. Reservations need to be made via My Disney Experience in the coming weeks. You can request one park a day. As customers won’t need to hop between parks, the hopper service is currently suspended.”

I'm sure they wouldn't refund people who ordered from other places like UT. I have 6 day PH's. I certainly don't want to spend the money for 6 day base tickets on top of that. It sounds like I would be forced to and save the PH's for a future trip. I would probably just cancel my trip.

Especially during the summer to escape the heat...
I'm also curious if say Epcot hasn't hit its capacity for the day, if you have gone to MK in the morning with your original park reservation, could you later make a reservation for Epcot in the evening? I can't imagine they are going to turn you away if they aren't at capacity and you want to head in to go grab some food or drinks around 7:00PM

i’m so hoping park hopping is allowed end of august.. my bf and I bought 3 day park hoppers. will be both our first time at disney since turning 21 so we want to go to epcot for obvious reasons. but outside of drinking and eating, there’s not much at epcot so that’s probably the park we’d drop if park hopping isn’t available. or hoping we can add another day!

One of the many things that bothers me about the park reservation systems is that, and I read this on the MDE, is that resort reservations do not guarantee a park reservation. Really? Then why would i want to come to WDW to vacation and be denied access to a theme park? What happens to possible unused days of a ticket if someone is denied entry due to capacity. In our case we are AP holders and now we will be denied park hopping. Will there be a partial refund due to this perk being denied? Additionally they are requiring the use of face coverings. If this is a mandatory requirement then it is probably unsafe for anyone to be in the parks and they should remain closed until such time as they can reopen under normal circumstances. We have rescheduled our June vacation til November and are hoping things will have settled down by then. The only reason we rescheduled is we are trying to avoid losing DVC points banked from 2018 use year. If it weren't for that we'd have thrown in the towel and waited until 2021. The whole situation has me fired up and I apologize for the rant. Thank you for listening.

One of the many things that bothers me about the park reservation systems is that, and I read this on the MDE, is that resort reservations do not guarantee a park reservation. Really? Then why would i want to come to WDW to vacation and be denied access to a theme park? What happens to possible unused days of a ticket if someone is denied entry due to capacity. In our case we are AP holders and now we will be denied park hopping. Will there be a partial refund due to this perk being denied? Additionally they are requiring the use of face coverings. If this is a mandatory requirement then it is probably unsafe for anyone to be in the parks and they should remain closed until such time as they can reopen under normal circumstances. We have rescheduled our June vacation til November and are hoping things will have settled down by then. The only reason we rescheduled is we are trying to avoid losing DVC points banked from 2018 use year. If it weren't for that we'd have thrown in the towel and waited until 2021. The whole situation has me fired up and I apologize for the rant. Thank you for listening.
The mandatory face coverings for guests aren't government mandated- it's part of a deal Disney made with their unionized workers. Legoland doesn't require guests to wear face coverings, for example. And some offsite hotels on Disney property don't require guests to wear masks in public areas.

I think most resort guests will be able to get a reservation. They say not guaranteed because you need a reservation, & can't just expect to show up day of with no reservation to get in, as capacity is limited. Capacity has always had a limit; it's just now that limit is much lower.

Disney is exacerbating these issues with very poor communication, though. They need to start sharing more detailed plans & information with upcoming resort guests & AP holders. Now, not "soon".

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter