One Time Use Points

I used the OTU points to replace 2018 points that I will now use at the 11 month mark for a 2019 reservation.

So, I booked an 11 month reservation, after 7 months rolled around and I found a night / room type available matching my already booked trip, I called MS to purchase OTU points to "replace" a day (well not even a full day because MS said I didn't have to do it that way, but that's what I intended) thus freeing up the points I might need for the next trip which I will book 11 months in advance.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks.

Thank you so much! I don't think the one time use points were $17 each when I bought and that was just 3 years ago! Scary. lol

What you could do is book a "dummy" reservation and buy OTU points to book it - something for 24 points or less. Then when you cancel you could have it reallocated to your existing reservation - assuming it was made in the 7 month booking window. If you get the right CM I'd guess they might even let you buy the points and would reallocate without even booking a dummy reservation but that would be luck of the draw to happen. Or get a transfer of points from another member or rent a night or two reservation from another member to free up your points or for your booking next year.

What you could do is book a "dummy" reservation and buy OTU points to book it - something for 24 points or less. Then when you cancel you could have it reallocated to your existing reservation - assuming it was made in the 7 month booking window. If you get the right CM I'd guess they might even let you buy the points and would reallocate without even booking a dummy reservation but that would be luck of the draw to happen. Or get a transfer of points from another member or rent a night or two reservation from another member to free up your points or for your booking next year.
Thank you! Our waitlist ended up coming through- so it actually used up exactly the amount of points we had banked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter