One...Two...Three because you are still free!!!/Ride Report: Soarin'

Writer325

Cherish every moment!
We are going back to Disney with our daughter for the third time since she was born because she is still free.

First trip was for one day in 2014 on our way home from vising family in Florida.

Second trip was an eight day trip with family in May.

Third trip is the Halloween party/ Port Orleans / DH's Birthday trip

Follow along as I plan every minute of this trip!!

How we chose our resort:
We started out this trip as a family only trip (being the three of us), but my sister was not able to come in May, and my Mom lives near me, so I knew if my sister came she would want to come too, so now it is the five of us. However, we are staying in our own rooms. It was a bit of a nail-biter as I tried to convince my Mom to upgrade to Port Orleans Riverside vs. Pop Century. We decided since we were staying less nights that we wanted to stay at a resort that my husband really wanted to try out. He likes the fact that it is themed a little differently than Pop and wants to check out Yeehaw Bob on Saturday night.

How we chose park tickets:
I knew that I wanted to do the Halloween party. So originally, we just booked a two day ticket no park hopper plus the party, but after some calculating my dh realized he had an extra day off from work...so bingo..we added another park day. We want to try every trip a little differently than the last, so we are not doing park hopper passes this go around.

Park plans:

Yes, I have already made my park plans. Thanks to everyone here on the Dis I realized that I over planned our trip in May.

4:00-4:15 Space Mountain
4:30-4:50 Enchanted Tales with Belle
5:00-6:00 Dinner in Fantasyland (Friar’s Nook or Pinocchio Villauge Haus)
6:30-7:00 Ride Seven Dwarfs (Wait for Dwarfs)
7:15 Under The Sea
7:30-7:50 Trick Or Treat in Fantasyland (Casey Jr. Barnstormer)/Meet 100 Acre Wood
8:00-8:40 Monster’s Dance Party/Tomorrowland Candy
8:45- 10:50 Celebrate the Magic/Castle Show/Hallowishes/Parade
10:50-11:30 Frontierland Candy
Aloha Isle
Carpets
Pirates
Dance Party
11:30 Haunted Mansion (More Candy!)

What do you think of my plans? I would love some feedback! I am not negotiable on the Dwarfs. I must meet them. One my big disappointments from May was not being able to see Character Palooza.

Tips for taking a Toddler to Disney!!!

During our first trip, I had to come to terms with something that I did not want to deal with on my trip... our STROLLER! I hate taking a stroller to Disney because it is such a pain to keep up with it, to know where to park it, and to load/unload it onto transportation.

Here are some tips for dealing with strollers:

If you have the budget, stay in a resort that is on the monorail loop or Fort Wilderness, so you can minimize stroller duty. (You do not have to break them down to transfer from the boat/monorail to the park.)

For your first trip be prepared to have a little patience when it comes to parking your stroller. Do not leave any bags with your stroller because security will check them out.

Be prepared to hold your baby while you wait in line or keep your toddler entertained. We were so used to putting her in the stroller when she got antsy, so this was very tricky for us.

Character Dining: Is it for you?
I was beyond ecstatic to take my little almost two year old to her very first character dining experience. I loved the idea because she was free, the characters would come to us, and we would get to have a table service meal!

But all of that wonderfulness came to a screeching halt when I realized one little problem or should I say HUGE problem...my daughter didn't understand that she had to wait her turn!!!! This was the absolute worst experience of our entire trip. A lot of parents made claims that my child might be afraid of characters, but nobody hinted at the amount of time we had to wait. So she would see Cindy heading to her first table and have a complete meltdown. Knowing that there are four princesses at this dinner and we were sitting right smack in the middle of the room guess how many meltdowns occurred?!

My tip: If you are taking a whole bunch of kids, I would see how the first experience goes, and then decided if it is worth it for you. If you are taking one child, schedule the first seating and ask to see if you can get the first table or last table that is involved in the meeting of characters.

Dance Party Palooza!!
My daughter absolutely loved the dance parties. This was a new one for me because it just isn't my thing. However, after attending two I can completely understand why toddlers love this so much...they aren't in their strollers (hooray), they don't have to wait in line (double hooray), and they can be entertained!! The characters or other dancers may walk up to them! So this gets a big thumbs up from this Mom. Tip: The Hoedown may be Happening on your trip. Check online for show times. Other dance parties: Disney Junior at Hollywood Studios on EMH nights only, Tomorrowland Terrace, and during the special event parties.

I have a confession to make to everyone who has ever written anything about Soarin' on the Internet: I did not understand that the ride can take you up to 30 feet off the ground. Note to those who have never been on this ride: you will be hoisted way way up in the air. You will have a seat belt that will keep you in the seat, but you will feel like you are going to go crashing on to the ground. When they make the announcement telling everyone who is afraid of heights to get out of line, you better run!! I thought that you went ten feet in the air, but this is only true if you are in the last row. So here are my tips: if you really really want to ride ..like I did...at least do yourself a favor and sit in the third row.

Great tip about soaring! I'm very scared of heights but sat in the bottom row and enjoyed it so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter