Ongoing Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Log with Pics

Codie

DIS Veteran
Hi all:) We are back and back to real life...I plan on posting a trip log...it might take me a while as I will need to do it in pieces. Work is crazy after being gone for two weeks! The wedding was incredible and I just think that Disney FTW is actually a value rather than expensive--now that I've been through it!!!! There were a few things that weren't just right--but I have to tell you that I wasn't going to fret over it :) Everything was just toooooooo wonderful to fret over little things...
Randy was awesome and put some of our pictures on his website...you can find them here:
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0CQ70007

I promise I will do my trip log as quickly as possible...but I want it to be good:)

Your pictures are amazing! I love the door knob decoration, that is SUCH a cute idea.

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful day!! Can't wait to read your report! Also you and your new hubby are TOO CUTE!!

Shonnel :earsgirl:

I love your doorhanger!! And I love your shoes, what brand are they and where did you get them? I have been looking for shoes so that I can do my fitting, and you just can't really find good ivory or white shoes right now!!

Congratulations!!

Welcome back! Congratulations! Your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Future Ashley Dukes:) --The door knob hangers were great fun and all my guests loved them, they hung them on the door so everyone knew where everyone was easily!

fmdelano--I love my shoes too--thank you for noticing them!!! I was afraid they would hurt but I wore them to all my showers to break them in and they were fine. I got them at DSW, I believe they are PRIMO brand? maybe you could find them online--I'll try to remember to check the style number at some point soon.

CORRECTION--the shoes are IMPO brand...Here's allt he info off the box,
NEW LITE
Leather/Rhinestone
White/Clear
4016697-7.5M
sku: 6 32576 66390 9

Hope that helps!

OUR WEDDING IN DISNEY

Our wedding was on a Thursday, right before Labor Day weekend on September 1, 2005! I was leaving, with my mom, brother, and sister-in-law, on the Monday before, August 29, 2005. My dh’s family left the Friday before (August 26th). My dh and my dad were coming down on Tuesday (August 30th) late. The rest of our 99 guests were going to be coming anytime from the Saturday before to the day of the wedding!
Two weeks before the wedding, our marriage license finally came from A Wedding For You. As some of you know, my father, a city court judge in New York, was planning on doing our ceremony. We had quasi-cleared that with Orange and Osceola counties. To my great surprise, the marriage license arrived from Miami-Dade County. I was totally freaking out for the evening from when I got the mail until the next morning. I spent the evening scouring the Miami-Dade County website to see what sort of response I might get. For those who have actually read the statute regarding who may actually perform a marriage in the state of Florida, you will know that the statute is slightly ambiguous as to whether a Judge performing the ceremony must be a Florida State Judge.
The next morning I was able to get a hold of the Clerk of the Courts in Miami-Dade County. He informed me that the only individuals able to perform marriages were spiritual ministers and Florida state notary of publics. I asked, “what about a judge?” The response: “A florida state judge? No problem.” I held my breath and asked, “What about a New York State Judge?” The clerk responded, “You have that Judge call me and it will be no problem!” I was ecstatic—I conferenced in my father (without warning) and had the clerk immediately talk to him. The clerk and my father then, to my chagrin, made arrangements for my father to fly to Miami on Wednesday (the day before the wedding and the only day my father would be able to) to be “deputized” to conduct my wedding in the state of Florida. It definitely created a bit of chaos, but at the same time it completely relaxed me. We finally had a very definitive answer that my father could perform our ceremony without a hitch (no pun intended) in the state of Florida!
My next hurdle was figuring out how to get all of the wedding STUFF to Florida. I had a ton of STUFF to bring including, my dress, my place cards (which were scalloped seashells and there were approximately 50),

13 party lite sand castle tea light centerpieces,

the guest book, ring bearer pillow, pen, toasting glasses (awesome glasses from Tiffany & Co. that a good friend surprised me with a week before we left),

the groomsmen and bridesmaids gifts, my tiara, and the largest baggage—the destination gift bags and contents. DH’s parents were driving down in an RV and with his brother’s family in a large van. My aunt and uncle were also driving a large van. My original plan was to give the breakable stuff (centerpieces, guest book/pen, ring bearer pillow, toasting glasses, place cards to dh’s parents, and for me to take the rest, including my dress as a carry on. I finally gave in to common sense and asked dh’s parents to take my dress. My plan had been to pack all the destination gift bags at Disney and then deliver to the hotels on Tuesday. About a week out I decided to pack them at home and then I decided to only deliver the bags to those guests that would not be at the rehearsal dinner. The rest I was going to give out at the rehearsal dinner. My MIL had decided to include aunts and uncles in the rehearsal dinner, so this made my delivery duties a little simpler. I packed up all the rehearsal dinner bags, boxed them, and delivered them to my aunt and uncle to bring in the van and bring with them to the rehearsal dinner.
This left me with about 20 bags that all fit into one suitcase. Each bag was slightly different. I had spent the year before the wedding keeping my eye on disneydeals.com for really good deals of “bag stuffer” items. I also went and bought tissue packs, antibacterial minis, soaps from bath and body works, sunscreen, lip balm from Panama Jack (highly recommend their online site), and playing cards. My Mary Kay lady donated about 30 hand lotions for the bags. I sell Pampered Chef so I was able to get yummy coffee samples that I included in every room bag that I knew had a coffee machine. I was never really sure how many bags I would need, so I figured if I had a good spread I could just split it all up. I also included an individualized itinerary in each bag, individualized as to which hotel they were staying. The last thing that each bag got was the door hanger that some of you saw in my pictures—it had their names on it and made it easy for everyone to find each other.

We had invited children to come with their parents to the wedding—for each of the little girls we included a separate special purse bag with their goodies.
Our very good friends (the ones mentioned above that bought us the Tiffany toasting glasses) were getting married in Canada the Saturday before us and then graciously spending their honeymoon in Disney for our wedding. One of my dh’s groomsmen who lives out of town also was attending a different wedding in Canada (just over the border from where we live) that weekend. Dh’s friend and girlfriend flew up on that Friday and stayed with us until Sunday. We went to our separate events on Saturday. Our friends’ wedding was SO nice and really made us excited for our event!
P8270055.jpg

I was slightly stressed knowing that I still had to pack and get to the airport by 6 am on Monday! Dh’s friends flew out Sunday evening and I began to pack. By midnight I was 90% done and I called my mom to make sure that she and my brother had gotten their boarding passes. She asked me to get all of the passes—when I went online to get the passes the website told me that they could not be issued because the flight was either full or cancelled. You can imagine my surprise and displeasure!!! I immediately panicked and called the airline. Apparently, everyone floods the website right at midnight to get their boarding passes and that was the only problem. I waited a few minutes, tried again, and successfully obtained our boarding passes—the trip was about to start!!!! I left my final disboard message as a single woman and packed up my computer for the trip. Somewhere close to 2 am, I set the alarm for 5 am and crawled into bed.

:cheer2: :cloud9: :wave2: :cool1: :love2: :bride:

congratulations! your pictures are stunning! thanks for sharing :goodvibes im so happy to hear you were able to have the officiant situation solved & got to have your dad perform the ceremony im sure that was very special, cant wait to hear more details!

Wow, Codie!!!!! You were gorgeous, your dress was stunning and your groom beyond cute :goodvibes I loved your pictures; now I am late for my workout! How great that your father got to marry you :wizard: Can't wait to read more!!!

Codie --

Your photos are wonderful! Really capture the love between you and your DH. Can't wait to read more of your trip reports!

I, too, love the door hanger. Is it wooden? Did you make it at Michael's, Joann's, or another craft store?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Moonbeams--the door hangers are made out of some sort of foam. A coworker in my office makes them and sells them, so I asked if she would make them for me. They were great!

LauraFoster--my ceremony was at the WP and my reception was at the Atlantic Dance Hall (ADH). We loved it!!!

At 5:30 a.m. my fdh and I arrived at my parents’ house to pick up my mom, brother, and sister-in-law to head to Florida. All of our luggage almost did not fit in the truck. I had three suitcases. My brother and sister-in-law were heading back to their home in Taiwan straight from Florida so they had LOTS of luggage. My mom was the most efficient packer. We arrived at the airport close to 6 a.m. and unloaded the truck. I kissed my fiancé good-bye and the poor guy headed in to work (he wouldn’t finish that work day until 8 p.m.!) My mom’s and my bags were checked in with no trouble. My brother and his wife, however, had two bags—one was 16 pounds overweight and the other was 25 pounds overweight…a surcharge of $75. You are allowed, at least on Southwest, three checked bags per passenger, weighing no more than 50 pounds a piece. The very nice sky caps went and found some random boxes for my brother to shift some of the weight. Finally he had three boxes and two suitcases and no extra charges. Of course, we tipped the skycaps helping us $30, but it was worth it!! We were a little nervous that our flight would be effected turbulently by Katrina—but we had a beautifully uneventful, unmemorable flight.
P1000703.jpg

P1000743.jpg
P1000745.jpg

My sister-in-law, being from Taiwan, had never been to Disney World, or Disney anything, and my brother had not been there for over a decade, so we were planning on spending Monday in the parks. We had rented a truck for two days so my brother and I went and picked out our ride while my mom and sil found all 10 of our luggage pieces. Once we were finally on the road, we had to go to the condo where my aunt and cousins were going to be staying, get them checked-in and leave a key at the front desk. By then, it was getting close to lunch time and we decided that we would stop at Downtown Disney for lunch before we checked into the hotel and headed out to the Magic Kingdom. We stopped at Downtown Disney and I directed our group towards the Earl of Sandwich. I had never eaten there and was anxious to try it. I also needed to somehow sneak away to Arribas Brothers to order our parent gifts—a glass half-moon block with mine and dh’s image etched on it with the date. We got our food at Earl of Sandwich—incredibly delicious by the way! I managed to sneak away long enough to place my order at Arribas Brothers and then by 12:30 p.m. we were back on the road and on our way to the Boardwalk Villas, where my brother, his wife, and I were going to stay.
JS00019-1-05.jpg
JS00039-1-05.jpg

When I checked in at the Boardwalk the woman looked up with a big smile and said, “So you are getting married here?” She was SO excited for me—I almost started crying because it was so cool. The wedding was four days away and someone was already making a huge fuss over me!!! They informed me that they had saved a top floor room for me and that they had made sure that my brother’s room and my room were connecting. One of the two rooms was not ready yet so we could not go up, but no big deal. Some people might think that it was weird to have a connecting room on my wedding trip, but I thought it was great. At that time I was not planning on staying at the Boardwalk for my wedding night and it would make the next couple of days very easy to keep tabs on my brother and his wife. After chatting with the front desk staff for about twenty minutes, we got changed into “park clothes,” stored our luggage with bell services, and hopped on a bus to the Magic Kingdom!! I couldn’t wait to see my sil’s face when she experienced the wonder of Disney :cool1:
P1000760.jpg

Wow, what beautiful pictures. I have to say you looked stunning. I would love to know where you bought those flower girl dresses, do you mind me asking? I am having a hard time looking for the right dresses for my girls, aged 13 & 8. I live in England, but it could be a possibility of them shipping here too maybe?
hope you can help
Janine

janine said:
Wow, what beautiful pictures. I have to say you looked stunning. I would love to know where you bought those flower girl dresses, do you mind me asking? I am having a hard time looking for the right dresses for my girls, aged 13 & 8. I live in England, but it could be a possibility of them shipping here too maybe?
hope you can help
Janine

Janine--I got the flowergirl dresses at David's Bridal. They were miniatures of mine and I could not pass them up. They were, imo, a bit pricey at $139 for the little ones and $149 for the older one. I do not know if they ship to the UK--you could check their website davidsbridal.com. Maybe some of the English brides might know better?

Hi

Thankyou for sharing that with me. Do you mind letting me know the item number?
I am going to email to ask, and hope they will ship, they are gorgeous. I really would like those.
Thanks again
Janine

Im really enjoying reading about the build up to your wedding and looking forward to hearing more about it :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter