Onion Soup from YC Galley?

YCgirl

Wasn't me!
Does anyone have the recipe for the Onion Soup at the YC Galley? It's the best I've ever had and the Galley closed right before my vacation ended so I don't know who at WDW to ask.

I have this one:

Onion Cheese Soup
Yacht Club Galley

3 large Spanish onions
4 T. butter
4 T. flour
2 C. milk
2 C. chicken stock or broth
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. mace
1 egg yolk, beaten
1 C. mild cheddar cheese, grated

Melt butter in a 4-qt saucepot on medium heat. Add onions and saute until lightly browned. Add flour and cook an additional 5 minutes until butter and flour are well blended. Slowly add milk and chicken stock, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Season with salt, pepper and mace and continue to cook until soup thickens. Whisk in egg yolk slowly and add grated cheese. Simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occassionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat. Serve immediately.

Thanks for your help, Margie :)

The onion soup I just had there had Guinness Stout in the broth. I don't like the taste of beer, but this broth was wonderful. There was a faint taste of the stout, but it didn't over power the broth, just added something special to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter