• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check in? And if so, when?

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
My only request was Paddocks, close to pool. If I do online check in thats not an option. Whats my best bet? Don't do online check in and pray DVC communicates this to room assigners? Or do online check in and choose "close to pool" which I may end up in Grandstand close to Pool (I'm in a standard.)

Room location requests need to go to Member Services via chat, email or phone call (from the DVC points owner), at least a week preferably longer before checkin. MS transmits those requests to the room assigners. It's best to leave the online checkin request section blank, because anything there will negate any request made through MS, but you can complete the rest of online checkin (credit card, PINs, etc.) without negating the room location request.

Room location requests need to go to Member Services via chat, email or phone call (from the DVC points owner), at least a week preferably longer before checkin. MS transmits those requests to the room assigners. It's best to leave the online checkin request section blank, because anything there will negate any request made through MS, but you can complete the rest of online checkin (credit card, PINs, etc.) without negating the room location request.
Perfect, thank you!

There is no benefit to doing all your check in early. However, I always do it early.
As a member of touringplans, I use them for room requests.

There is no benefit to doing all your check in early. However, I always do it early.
As a member of touringplans, I use them for room requests.

Do Touring plans requests work for DVC rooms? We're renting points and I don't want to bother the owner if I can do it through Touring plans. Thanks!

Do Touring plans requests work for DVC rooms? We're renting points and I don't want to bother the owner if I can do it through Touring plans. Thanks!
We've owned DVC for some time and have not had any issue with Touringplans requesting a room for us. Sometimes its very close to what we asked for, sometimes not so much.

OK dumb question, I did my online check in, marked congress park, but then AFTERWARDS I did a member chat with DVC and asked for a direct disney springs view and he said he put the request in via an internal system, and that whatever I had in the app wouldn't matter. Do you think I should take out the Congress park on MDE and do a chat again?

I've had it happen in the past where the MDE request did override the requests that my TA had put in and I ended up with a parking lot view in congress park, which is definitely not what I am spending my extra points to look at...lol But she told me it was because I did the online check in after her requests, so the app took over and booted her requests out.

OK dumb question, I did my online check in, marked congress park, but then AFTERWARDS I did a member chat with DVC and asked for a direct disney springs view and he said he put the request in via an internal system, and that whatever I had in the app wouldn't matter. Do you think I should take out the Congress park on MDE and do a chat again?

I've had it happen in the past where the MDE request did override the requests that my TA had put in and I ended up with a parking lot view in congress park, which is definitely not what I am spending my extra points to look at...lol But she told me it was because I did the online check in after her requests, so the app took over and booted her requests out.
Well, being compulsive as I am, I probably would edit my online checkin and then chat with MS to confirm my request, even though there are no guarantees you’ll get it no matter what you do! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter