Online Check in for August 13, 2021 Disney Dream Cruise

Tammyepolytinkfan

Mouseketeer
Started this thread for anyone with info for this cruise Disney Dream August 13th-16th 2021. Waiting to see if I can check in tomorrow 7/14/21 that is our 30 day mark, maybe I will wait up till midnight to check in not sure yet.
I have not had any information sent to me from DCL. This is so frustrating. I was hoping to have at least an email with what might happen if we sail. Any communication is better that none. Will post an update if I can check in tomorrow. I read the thread for the August 9th cruise check in and have taken head shot pictures and pictures of our passports to upload. ( A person on the 8/9 cruise found that out as they were trying to check in at midnight on their 30 day mark. ) This info should have been emailed to us in advance. So frustrating going at this blindly with no info from DCL. Hoping for the best.

Started this thread for anyone with info for this cruise Disney Dream August 13th-16th 2021. Waiting to see if I can check in tomorrow 7/14/21 that is our 30 day mark, maybe I will wait up till midnight to check in not sure yet.
I have not had any information sent to me from DCL. This is so frustrating. I was hoping to have at least an email with what might happen if we sail. Any communication is better that none. Will post an update if I can check in tomorrow. I read the thread for the August 9th cruise check in and have taken head shot pictures and pictures of our passports to upload. ( A person on the 8/9 cruise found that out as they were trying to check in at midnight on their 30 day mark. ) This info should have been emailed to us in advance. So frustrating going at this blindly with no info from DCL. Hoping for the best.

Good luck! I hope it works better for you than it did for us 8/9 (hopeful) cruisers. Please let us know how it goes.

And yes, myself, and everyone else who checked in at midnight for the 8/9 cruise found out about the pictures then. In the end it didn't really matter because the website wouldn't accept the pictures anyway, but I 100% agree they should have sent an email letting us know check in was opening and what was needed. That would have been very helpful to us, and likely very easy for them to do.

Crossing my fingers for you!

I was able to check in at midnight. uploaded photos of our passports and head shots they are pending for review. We are concierge level, so I did not need to pick a PAT. It said we could arrive anytime during the embarkation period. (But I don't know what time to arrive at the port)
Hoping for more information from DCL soon.

I was able to check in at midnight. uploaded photos of our passports and head shots they are pending for review. We are concierge level, so I did not need to pick a PAT. It said we could arrive anytime during the embarkation period. (But I don't know what time to arrive at the port)
Hoping for more information from DCL soon.

Did you do it by phone or PC? Glad you got it done, and happy sailing.

Do we all actually think people are sailing in less than a month? This is exciting if it's actually so

I keep hoping to hear from one of the threads that they are moving forward with the cruise. I believe, I could be just naive, that DCL will not start cruising until they know they won't go back to cancelling. I think they will make sure they don't go backwards.

In my mind, if they start, that means my cruise on December will go forward. 🤞

Do we all actually think people are sailing in less than a month? This is exciting if it's actually so

I used to think yes, they are sailing in less than a month. We booked 2 cruises on the dream a few weeks ago for august because we thought they would be sailing.

Now, I am not so sure. I think DCL would have put out some information on the rules and restrictions by now if they were sailing. We have heard nothing.

I have dvc points tied up on both ends of our cruises which are about to start going into holding. At this point, I would be thrilled with just a tidbit of info from DCL. I need to know if we need to cancel this cruise before it is too late to do so.

Disney cast members chatting are informing guests they will need a rsvp for pools and the arrival times to ports are being adjusted already. One asked about check-in time frame for their end of august sailing and they told them the date they had to login and the docs/pics that would need to be uploaded for review by a cast member - before the docs are approved. I would think this is all positive feedback towards the start of sailing...

Disney cast members chatting are informing guests they will need a rsvp for pools and the arrival times to ports are being adjusted already. One asked about check-in time frame for their end of august sailing and they told them the date they had to login and the docs/pics that would need to be uploaded for review by a cast member - before the docs are approved. I would think this is all positive feedback towards the start of sailing...
Meh, I had a Disney cast member tell me that an October 2020 Bermuda cruise I had booked on the magic would be back for certain. Got cancelled a few weeks later.

The updated log in photo requirements were rolled out for the UK Magic cruises, so it is not exactly something they created uniquely for the U.S.

I guess I've just been burned enough I'm jaded. But I am just skeptical of anything DCL CMs say about cruising return--it won't be real until they announce it on the official disneyparksblog.

I can't say for sure about DCL but I had a patient today tell me she was sailing on the Celebrity Edge from Ft. Lauderdale next Thursday. I keep thinking I'd like to read around on cruisecritic.com to get some recent sailing news about ANY cruise line but life has been extra busy lately. Strange though, you would think if cruises have been sailing successfully from the US, you would think that would make the evening news. :sad2:

I can't say for sure about DCL but I had a patient today tell me she was sailing on the Celebrity Edge from Ft. Lauderdale next Thursday. I keep thinking I'd like to read around on cruisecritic.com to get some recent sailing news about ANY cruise line but life has been extra busy lately. Strange though, you would think if cruises have been sailing successfully from the US, you would think that would make the evening news. :sad2:

That ship has been going for 2 or3 weeks now and I did see it on the news when it went and when it returned. I was following along with videos that a couple made on board and it looked amazing. Because of that I was considering that as an option if the 8/9 sailing gets canceled.

And I know it's been mentioned above but until DCL announces anything, the phone reps, chat reps, anyone you talk to will know nothing more than we do. They have their script and the same info we have...sadly! ;)

That ship has been going for 2 or3 weeks now and I did see it on the news when it went and when it returned. I was following along with videos that a couple made on board and it looked amazing. Because of that I was considering that as an option if the 8/9 sailing gets canceled.

And I know it's been mentioned above but until DCL announces anything, the phone reps, chat reps, anyone you talk to will know nothing more than we do. They have their script and the same info we have...sadly! ;)

ok, good to know and yes, DCL enjoys leaving people hanging. They seem to think it will create a feeding frenzy of bookings but in reality, it turns people away out of frustration.

To all of you cruising in August, hooray! I am curious about what the procedure will be for those who do not have the capability to upload photos? Was there any hint? I am assuming a later port arrival time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter