Online Check in for December Cabin Stay

Luv_Tink

Mouseketeer
Getting ready to do online check in for our December stay at a FW cabin. This is our first FW stay so I really have no idea which loop would be best for our family of 5. What I think we would like is something close to a comfort station so we can take advantage of the shower and laundry facilities. But I also want something a little on the quiet side. We will have a golf cart so being close to internal bus transportation is not an issue.

Can anyone offer me some suggestions on what to request?

Don't stress about location.
You are never far from a comfort station.
Enjoy your stay. Explore the Fort.
Then you may see an area that you'd like to try for your next stay.
Have a great time.

Don't stress about location.
You are never far from a comfort station.
Enjoy your stay. Explore the Fort.
Then you may see an area that you'd like to try for your next stay.
Have a great time.

Thanks. We actually built in a lot of down time during our stay to check out the fort. We're there for two weeks and are a camping family here at home, so I think it will fit us perfectly. DH is already looking into camper rentals for our next WDW trip, whenever that may be.

2100 loop is the only cabin loop that has a comfort station. It is actually the comfort station for loop 1100

None of the other cabin loops ( 2200 - 2800) have comfort stations

2100 loop is the only cabin loop that has a comfort station. It is actually the comfort station for loop 1100

None of the other cabin loops ( 2200 - 2800) have comfort stations

^^ This ^^.

1100 (an rv/camping loop) and 2100 (a cabin loop) are side by side and 1100 has a Comfort Station. A paved sidewalk runs between the two loops right in front of the CS. Of course it has the laundry room also ($2 each load to dry or wash - bring quarters. there is usually a change machine also if you didn't bring enough quarters). A small vending machine sells laundry soap or you can BYO.

Specify it during your early checkin (to the degree you can) and when you check in and are given your papers (and aren't satisfied with the loop) don't be afraid to ask the CM to be given a cabin in 2100 near the 1100 CS.

With 5 people in your party (same as my family) I can appreciate the desire to have additional bathroom/shower space especially if all five are adults/older teens. Given the length of your vacation, I'd say it's a smart request.

Bama Ed

PS - as far as quiet, well, any loop would have cabins up by a main road that has bus traffic. That's about the only noise around. But as long as you're not near the entrance/exit from the loop, all you hear is a far off bus, the toots of the boats coming into the Fort pier, a steam train whistle if the wind blows right, the "thump, thump" from Illuminations (EPCOT), or the crack of fireworks from Wishes (MK). I think you will enjoy sitting out on your deck particularly at night or early morning and just listening. I listen while I walk/run on my sunrise jaunts around the Fort and I think it's a special time.

^^ This ^^.

With 5 people in your party (same as my family) I can appreciate the desire to have additional bathroom/shower space especially if all five are adults/older teens. Given the length of your vacation, I'd say it's a smart request.

Bama Ed

PS - as far as quiet, well, any loop would have cabins up by a main road that has bus traffic. That's about the only noise around. But as long as you're not near the entrance/exit from the loop, all you hear is a far off bus, the toots of the boats coming into the Fort pier, a steam train whistle if the wind blows right, the "thump, thump" from Illuminations (EPCOT), or the crack of fireworks from Wishes (MK). I think you will enjoy sitting out on your deck particularly at night or early morning and just listening. I listen while I walk/run on my sunrise jaunts around the Fort and I think it's a special time.

Great information Bama Ed, thank you!

Well, the girls aren't teens yet but I figure I can run all three through the shower at the comfort station pretty quickly while DH takes advantage of the one in the cabin. We've done similar at a few campgrounds we've stayed at around here.

I'm an early riser, even on vacation, and I'm definitely looking forward to some early morning walks or time on the deck just soaking up the atmosphere with my cup of coffee. I'm hoping my youngest, who is also an early riser might join me for some special mommy daughter time in the wee hours as well.

58 days until we arrive at FW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter