Online check in or not, with an early arrival but specific room location request?

The last two December trips, I literally checked in while sitting at Midway airport at 5am on arrival day. Both of those trips, our room was ready when we arrived at 10am....coincidence? You can be sure that this December, I'll do the same thing at 5am from Midway:).

Older threads indicate Disney assigns rooms a few/several days prior to check-in. Since you can do online check-in weeks prior to your arrival, I doubt when you actually do that has any impact on getting your room request and/or when the room becomes available. The more specific you are with your request, the less likely it will be granted. Giving Disney a greater range with your request is probably a good idea. Clearly if your assigned room was already empty, then it is likely you will be able to check-in earlier compared to an occupied room where that party has until check-out time to depart. Housekeeping will also need to clean the room after those guests depart.

Disney's definition of online 'check-in' is different from other places we have stayed. Most other places only let you 'check-in' once you actually arrive or within a few hours of your scheduled check-in time.

If we do online check in (LOVE direct-to-room) and have done an occasionally request via DVC or resort, but if I haven't heard anything by approximately 3:00 - 4:00 or later, of course, we go to the front desk and say we will take anything (more important to us than a view) after going many, many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter