Online check in time was set at 3pm but will be there before

johnnydakota

Mouseketeer
I have heard others say that they have been able to check in to their room before the 3pm check in time if there was a room available with no additional preferences. We will probably be getting to the resort around 11am on our arrival day. Even though I did online check in, is it still possible that we would be able to check in earlier?

Also, we are planning on heading straight to one of the parks from the resort. If we hadn't checked in at the desk/kiosk, will our dining plan start before that?

I have heard others say that they have been able to check in to their room before the 3pm check in time if there was a room available with no additional preferences. We will probably be getting to the resort around 11am on our arrival day. Even though I did online check in, is it still possible that we would be able to check in earlier?

Also, we are planning on heading straight to one of the parks from the resort. If we hadn't checked in at the desk/kiosk, will our dining plan start before that?

You can check in as earlier as 6:30 Am but it is likely your room won't be ready yet. You can leave your luggage with Bell Services/Luggage Assistance for storage and head to the parks. You dining plan will be active

You can check in as earlier as 6:30 Am but it is likely your room won't be ready yet. You can leave your luggage with Bell Services/Luggage Assistance for storage and head to the parks. You dining plan will be active
Awesome. I figured so. We leave here at 5:30 in the morning and arrive at MCO a little after 9. I figured we'd get to Pop around 11 and set our first fast pass around 2:30. I figured if we could check in earlier, might be able to get a nap in. Although, when I'm in Disney mode I just keep going lol.

When you do online check in there is a box that you can check that says something like "1st Priority is early check in" if you are willing to forego your chosen room preferences in order to get into your room early. With that said, more frequently than not, we have received notification that our room was ready far earlier than 3:00 even though we never check that box. When we were there in June when I turned on my phone after landing at MCO at 10:30 am I had a text message telling us our room was ready. However last week our room wasn't ready until about 2:00.

I always put early check in since I really don't care about location, it's hit and miss for us. If we don't get the room ready text, we go ahead and go to the front desk just to let them know we are there. Sometimes they are able to find us a room since we don't care about location. We drive down so depending on where we stay we either leave our bags in our car or store them with bell services. I think the only time we have gone directly to the park is when we are doing a split stay and are up so early it just makes sense to go ahead and drive to the park and do rope drop (AK I'm looking at you). We have checked in as early as 7:30 and had them find us a room.

Our last trip at Christmas to our surprise our room was ready at 7am at the AKL Jambo house. It never hurts to check with the desk upon arrival.

It's hit or miss. I have had about 50% luck with my room being ready early. I always do online check-in. We have stayed at all levels of resorts. Pop - on a trip several years ago I arrived around 9am and my room was ready. Pop a couple of weeks ago, my room wasn't ready until after 3pm. AKL I put our ETA as after midnight, our room was ready at 830am. POR & POFQ our room has never been ready before 2pm. Be prepared for your room to not be ready and you will be pleasantly surprised if it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter