Online Check-In with Room Requests

Mimifree

Mouseketeer
I called tech support today because the drop down boxes for room requests were grayed out in the on-line check-in options. The CM told me that they have changed their system and it is not possible to make room requests online. She said I would just have to make my request when I check-in. She emphasized the importance of going to the check-in desk to get a map to navigate the massive resort. I explained that I have stayed at Pop before and I prefer to go directly to my room. I'm hoping I just got a misinformed CM. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Yes, the room request option in online check-in hasn't been working for some time. Just call the reservation line and they'll add your request for you. No need to wait until you get there.

Yes, the room request option in online check-in hasn't been working for some time. Just call the reservation line and they'll add your request for you. No need to wait until you get there.

Bingo.

And just remember, it is only a request. If "your" preferred room is not available, it's not available.

At this point the drop down menus haven’t worked in so long, it’s not even a glitch, it’s more like a feature >:(.

We called the reservation line and told them we’d like an upper floor near an elevator. I find that keeping it to 1-2 broad requests maximizes my chances of getting what I want. We’ll find out in 6 days if either request was honored. I never get my hopes up- having exactly what I want available for the exact dates of my stay is a tall order.

We called the reservation line and told them we’d like an upper floor near an elevator. I find that keeping it to 1-2 broad requests maximizes my chances of getting what I want. We’ll find out in 6 days if either request was honored. I never get my hopes up- having exactly what I want available for the exact dates of my stay is a tall order.

This!

I also put mine in priority order so that the assigner knows which of the requests is most important to me. That way they can see what they have available for my dates, then see if any of those meet my first request, then see if any of those remaining meet my second request, and then if I have a third, see if any of the remaining meet all three. If the first request is unavailable, as I understand it they would then make the second priority the first and go from there.

It worked for me in February at All Star Sports using the prioritizing method on my Touring Plans fax request. I was like 2 doors down from the room I'd technically requested. (I say technically because there is a field that is pre-populated with "Assigner-Speak" terms as to the room block - I'm not generally so sold on ONE room that I change it. I know if it's there, it's in their language - and usually the room I technically clicked on is the first listed in the example room numbers.) We'll see how it works in 27 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter