• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online Check In

If we just go straight to our assigned room when we get there, then will we get the card that acts as a pass? If not, then we may be better to go to the front desk upon arrival.
You can stop by the Front desk at any time to pickup a room key. That's the only way to get one. So you could go directly to your room when it is ready and then on your way to a park just swing by the Front desk to request a room key.

To get a RFID park ticket for in-park use you will need to stop by any Guest Service window at the park entrance.

Dave

You can stop by the Front desk at any time to pickup a room key. That's the only way to get one. So you could go directly to your room when it is ready and then on your way to a park just swing by the Front desk to request a room key.

To get a RFID park ticket for in-park use you will need to stop by any Guest Service window at the park entrance.

Dave
Thanks. SO the card that works as a room key is not the same card that works for the park. Sounds like it's the one for guest services that we want then.

Hoping we don't have issues with our bands but just in case.

That sucks then...we were planning on doing early entry for our first park day, which may be a problem if our magic bands don't work. They are just so old, and previous style so that's why I'm concerned.

Thanks. SO the card that works as a room key is not the same card that works for the park. Sounds like it's the one for guest services that we want then.

That sucks then...we were planning on doing early entry for our first park day, which may be a problem if our magic bands don't work. They are just so old, and previous style so that's why I'm concerned.
The card that works as a room key IS the same as the ticket card. So you can go to the front desk on the way to your room when you arrive or later, on the way to the park, whichever is more convenient. Or you can get a card at a ticket booth, Guest Relations, or the tapstyle when you enter your first park. Personally, I prefer the ticket booth or GR, so that we’re not holding up guests trying to enter behind us.

ALL MagicBands continue to work forever for anything that requires tapping because the tap station provides the necessary power/signal. Battery power is ONLY used for long range features like ride photos and name boards. As long as a MagicBand is active and correctly linked to your account, it can still be used. Of course, there are cases where a MagicBand is no longer linked and you need to visit Guest Services or your resort front desk, but that's a computer database problem, the MagicBand is still working.

ALL MagicBands continue to work forever for anything that requires tapping because the tap station provides the necessary power/signal. Battery power is ONLY used for long range features like ride photos and name boards. As long as a MagicBand is active and correctly linked to your account, it can still be used. Of course, there are cases where a MagicBand is no longer linked and you need to visit Guest Services or your resort front desk, but that's a computer database problem, the MagicBand is still working.
Thanks. Yes I have verified that the numbers on the back of them match the magic band numbers that show as active in our MDE. They're old and ugly but as long work for rides and reservations, then we're good.

The card that works as a room key IS the same as the ticket card. So you can go to the front desk on the way to your room when you arrive or later, on the way to the park, whichever is more convenient. Or you can get a card at a ticket booth, Guest Relations, or the tapstyle when you enter your first park. Personally, I prefer the ticket booth or GR, so that we’re not holding up guests trying to enter behind us.
Thanks. So previous info was incorrect? Good if it's one card. And very good if we can pick it up at the front desk on arrival day....that way we don't have to worry about it on the first day at the park (day after arrival day) as we want to make early entry, and that would end that plan.

Thanks. So previous info was incorrect? Good if it's one card. And very good if we can pick it up at the front desk on arrival day....that way we don't have to worry about it on the first day at the park (day after arrival day) as we want to make early entry, and that would end that plan.
Yes, what you’ll get are basically “Key to the World” cards that are linked to each guest’s profile in MDE, just like a MB would be. So room key, park tickets, Genie+LL and VQ, charging to room, all functions that involve tapping to Mickey. AFAIK, the cards do not have what’s necessary to link long distance ride photos to MDE, they can only link ride photos where you can tap at the exit.

We just came back last night and my son's old band worked just fine. I purchased new bands for everyone else but didn't see a color he would want so just brought two of his old bands along. No issues at all with them!

Another bonus, if you get your room assignment before you arrive and don't like it you can call in right then and see if it can be changed. You don't have to wait until you get there.

do you know how far in advance you can see your room number ? We are due to check in Saturday and today ( Wednesday) it's not showing on MDE yet.... it's not a big deal, but I'm more curious to look up where it is.....

Hijack ?: We are staying at shades of green and our resort doesn’t show up in the app. Does that mean we won’t be able to do online check-in?

Hijack ?: We are staying at shades of green and our resort doesn’t show up in the app. Does that mean we won’t be able to do online check-in?
@Sarahh1027 Is correct that Shades doesn't offer online check in but you still want to link your reservation to get any on site Disney hotel perks. Although it's not much the extra 30 mins you get will be nice. Try linking from a PC and not in-app and use the long reservation number with the letters in the middle. If you don't have the type of confirmation you can call and they hotel should be able to give it to you. Have a great trip!

I was able to link my reservation, but in the app when I click, and even in the web version on my computer when I click onto the resort option, it gives me an error. But when I look at my plans in the app it still shows shades of green so I know it’s linked. For that reason, I don’t think the online check-in will work as Sarah indicated. But hopefully I can still get in early every day showing through my app on my phone. Hopefully everybody’s experience is the same.

I was able to link my reservation, but in the app when I click, and even in the web version on my computer when I click onto the resort option, it gives me an error. But when I look at my plans in the app it still shows shades of green so I know it’s linked. For that reason, I don’t think the online check-in will work as Sarah indicated. But hopefully I can still get in early every day showing through my app on my phone. Hopefully everybody’s experience is the same.
Mine for June is showing but won’t pull reservation info in app or web. Guess Disney and Shades are having an issue.

Mine for June is showing but won’t pull reservation info in app or web. Guess Disney and Shades are having an issue.
Yes it’s the same for me. It shows just the name of the hotel but doesn’t show any other information. I talked to Disney tech support and they said it won’t, but as long as it shows that I’m staying at shades of green without the detail we should be able to get in for early entry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter