Online DAS registration questions

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
I am online trying to pre register. Every 20 minutes it keeps logging me out. Trying from 3 different devices and browsers. Same thing. Is this normal? It appears to reopen the same chat window but am I starting over in line every time? We’ve never don’t it online yet. So have no idea what I’m doing.

Yes, it's normal. About every 20-30 minutes it logs out but keeps you in the queue for the video chat.

You're OK, this happens to folks. Reopening the chat window does not make you start over... you will keep your place in line.
Depending on when you start, though, it is a long wait. Did mine at 7 AM on Sunday morning and only waited about 30 minutes.

Good luck!

Thanks. I was about to give up because I thought I was starting over every time.

Are they making people do this every six months, or how often? I feel like with annual passes, we used to have to do it every year, then it was every six months, then it was 90 days. I would much rather apply in person than spend 10 hours trying to get into chat. I realize that's not an option anymore, but geez!

Are they making people do this every six months, or how often? I feel like with annual passes, we used to have to do it every year, then it was every six months, then it was 90 days. I would much rather apply in person than spend 10 hours trying to get into chat. I realize that's not an option anymore, but geez!
It is every 60!days. Has been since they started

I would much rather apply in person than spend 10 hours trying to get into chat. I realize that's not an option anymore, but geez!
You absolutely can do it in person at the park. No Advanced Selections for the visit when you renew, but if you go frequently I believe you can schedule them for other visits in the 60-day period before renewing again.

You can wait until you enter a park and apply for a DAS at Guest Services. The advantage to doing it via video chat is you are able to select two DAS "rides" per day for length of stay. I still prefer doing it in person.

It is every 60!days. Has been since they started

Not for me. I guess I'm just Teacher's Pet.

You absolutely can do it in person at the park. No Advanced Selections for the visit when you renew, but if you go frequently I believe you can schedule them for other visits in the 60-day period before renewing again.

You can wait until you enter a park and apply for a DAS at Guest Services. The advantage to doing it via video chat is you are able to select two DAS "rides" per day for length of stay. I still prefer doing it in person.

Thank you both. We haven't been to WDW since 12/1019, and let our APs expire a month later, just in time for Covid - which turned out to be just a lucky coincidence. I'm completely out of the loop about everything now.

I will most definitely wait and apply in person. I'm glad that's still an option. My son just mentioned Cosmic Rewind to me today, which I had no idea was even happening, so we are probably going to get our APs back this fall. It will be a whole new learning curve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter