• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online Dating

OK, if you all know guys who are trying to date on those sites, give them some advice.

Their main profile photo should be of them, not their dog, kids or a semi-automatic rife (no lie) or deer or fish they've killed.
Most women really don't care about hunting and fishing, some do, but I feel like guys who show and tell all about that aren't looking for a date but a sportsman buddy.
My own preference, but shared by other women I know...... facial hair, yuck...... and if you do have it at least keep it trimmed and not all straggly.
I don't find any men showing off their chests attractive, whether or not it's a good look. Just don't. Especially, if you are over 40 let's say? The ones over 50 and 60, (my age range) are just awful.
Don't take photos of yourself in bathroom mirrors, there are other nice places you can do that and the worst are with toilets in the background.
Make sure you photos are at least within the past year. If your age says 56 and you upload a picture from your teen years, I think you don't want me to know what you look like now......

I could say so much more.

I find it depends upon the chest. I will swipe right on a nice one, and there are lots of lovely well-built men in their 50s.

Added to the no-go hunting, fishing, and guns, I absolutely will not match with someone who has a photo with a drugged tiger or captive dolphin.

OK, if you all know guys who are trying to date on those sites, give them some advice.

Their main profile photo should be of them, not their dog, kids or a semi-automatic rife (no lie) or deer or fish they've killed.
Most women really don't care about hunting and fishing, some do, but I feel like guys who show and tell all about that aren't looking for a date but a sportsman buddy.
My own preference, but shared by other women I know...... facial hair, yuck...... and if you do have it at least keep it trimmed and not all straggly.
I don't find any men showing off their chests attractive, whether or not it's a good look. Just don't. Especially, if you are over 40 let's say? The ones over 50 and 60, (my age range) are just awful.
Don't take photos of yourself in bathroom mirrors, there are other nice places you can do that and the worst are with toilets in the background.
Make sure you photos are at least within the past year. If your age says 56 and you upload a picture from your teen years, I think you don't want me to know what you look like now......

I think for the most part men (and women) should present themselves the way they are comfortable and not try to be something they are not in order to get a date. Ultimately that's going to end in disaster. Not everyone is attracted to the same thing, thankfully. For example, I think a guy with facial hair is much sexier and I wouldn't want him to shave. I much prefer men with facial hair. Some women are going to love dating a guy that's into hunting or fishing. Plenty of women, myself included, can appreciate a photo of a shirtless man no matter his age. There's someone for everyone.

Last edited:
So far so good. Lunch went really well. He had a few errands to run (he lives in an even smaller town that I do) so we are meeting up at the brewery in a hour or so.

I felt so relaxed with him. Not awkward or nervous at all. He is funny and a bit goofy. He thinks me being a beer nerd is cool.

The thing that got me was the ones that had photos of them with other woman. I don't care if she is your sister or your platonic BFF.

Photos of their dog or of them with their kids is okay. If they are into hunting, fishing, rifiles maybe they should post photos of them. It will make me skip them but that they should be them. Better to find out from the start that they have something you aren't interested in than to invest time & effort only to discover they have hobbies you don't agree with.

I think for the most part men (and women) should present themselves the way they are comfortable and not try to be something they are not in order to get a date. Ultimately that's going to end in disaster. Not everyone is attracted to the same thing, thankfully. For example, I think my guy's facial hair makes him even sexier and I wouldn't want him to shave. I much prefer men with facial hair. Some women are going to love dating a guy that's into hunting or fishing. Plenty of women, myself included, can appreciate a photo of a shirtless man no matter his age. There's someone for everyone.
Yes, that is true

So far so good. Lunch went really well. He had a few errands to run (he lives in an even smaller town that I do) so we are meeting up at the brewery in a hour or so.

I felt so relaxed with him. Not awkward or nervous at all. He is funny and a bit goofy. He thinks me being a beer nerd is cool.

The thing that got me was the ones that had photos of them with other woman. I don't care if she is your sister or your platonic BFF.

Photos of their dog or of them with their kids is okay. If they are into hunting, fishing, rifiles maybe they should post photos of them. It will make me skip them but that they should be them. Better to find out from the start that they have something you aren't interested in than to invest time & effort only to discover they have hobbies you don't agree with.

There are profiles out there of only their dog or kids or both but none of themselves.

I hope the date is still going great. Beer is cool- it’s been made since ancient times. I’m praying you find your Prince Charming. Don’t forget to wish upon a star so your dreams come true. 🌟:tink:

I can’t give any first hand experience, but my eyebrow lady told me yesterday she met the love of her life on bumble. They are madly in love and have 3 vacations planned together already. They matched on May 18th, had their first date May 30th and she says it was love at first sight! So it’s worth a try I would say!

Thanks for the update—I hope you have a fantastic second part of your date and I will be checking the Dis for your post date report!

ROFL!

I tried doing match.com, and you are soooo right! Why, why, why are there so many photos of hairy men in wife-beater tshirts proudly holding a fish they caught? That doesn’t really say “romantic and intelligent” to me…

And all the 60 something men looking for 30 year old women. Poor old delusional fools. Lol!

Second half of the date went really well. We shared a couple beers. We talked. We laughed. We were the last people there when they closed. We talked about getting together again soon. And yes we kissed.

That is awesome Christa! So glad it went well.

Second half of the date went really well. We shared a couple beers. We talked. We laughed. We were the last people there when they closed. We talked about getting together again soon. And yes we kissed.
Did you feel “fireworks” when you kissed? :love2::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter