• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Only 1 refill of bread allowed at Sebastain's now

Certainly, the waiter should have replaced the dropped roll. I do know that a number of sit-downs (Skipper's, Cinderella's, etc.) are no longer serving bread period. Also, La Hacienda at EPCOT now charges for chips and salsa.
I don't know if OP ever answered back, but the post said her child dropped one so she asked for more. I understand they were told there was a limit, but I still don't understand if the the dropped roll was replaced and if that was communicated after being told they don'r additional basket refills. Do they simply charge for a side of additional rolls beyond the two baskets?
I need to go to your chipotle! All of the ones near us charge $1 for sour cream. Most of the sit down Mexican / Tex-Mexican type places charge $1.50-$2 for a little cup.
I thought same thing, I remember growing up and my parents telling me I didn't need another side of sour cream because of that.

edit to add: Growing up when we traveled and my family was on a tight budget, I remember my mom getting extra rolls or biscuits and making little sandwiches with the bacon, or main we had and wrapping them in napkins. Taking extra jelly packets...This would be our lunch etc.

I even remember some discussions about actually taking tupperware in bags to get as much as possible. I didn't get the concept of toting food around a theme park all day long (or wasting park time to take it back to your room), but apparently more than a few people did.

And many of those were the same who advocated bringing in loaves of bread and packed-in-ice lunch meat (maybe) then staking out a table at Pecos Bills and making sandwiches off the toppings bar without ordering anything except maybe free ice water.

First there is a big difference between a dropped roll and just asking for a 3rd round. Second, rolls cost what - 10 cents, unbelievable.
I agree with B-Ride. Even if sneaking tons of rolls out of the restaurant is a rampant problem - which I don't think it is - each instance is only going to cost Disney a buck or two. At the most.

I would wager that the poor optics of not replacing a kid's roll - and then the restaurant patron posting a complaint about it online - could potentially cost them a lot more than the 10's of dollars that they might save in a day.

I'm sure one could have purchased another bread serving if needed. Expecting unlimited bread would probably be a bit extreme. Plus, given the prices one pays at Disney Restaurants, who would want to fill up on bread anyway?

I'm sure one could have purchased another bread serving if needed. Expecting unlimited bread would probably be a bit extreme. Plus, given the prices one pays at Disney Restaurants, who would want to fill up on bread anyway?
Why? We have a local Mexican food place where they frequently and gladly give us 4 or 5 bowls of tortilla chips for free. And we used to go to Red Lobster, although it's been a while, that would routinely give us 3-4 plates of their biscuits and even would send extras home with us, for free.

It's not unusual for a restaurant to placate patrons by giving them the cheap stuff for free. Given Disney's prices, I don't see why they can't do the same.

With all these policy changes, can you still get more than one meal at topolinos for breakfast? When we last went they let us get a second on the side

This is an interesting thread and makes me sad a dropped roll could not be replaced. Especially for a child…
This policy should be addressing the problem with a refilled food item becoming food waste . Now that is a serious issue to create a need for a new policy .
Honestly as an adult and as much as I love the rolls , etc …
I also know my grandchildren love it more and I never help myself to the basket , because it would then create a need to ask for another basket that would not be emptied . And food waste is part of serious issues we should discuss.
I also am trying very hard to have respect for Mr. Bob Chapek , recognizing future policy will need to change .

Did you know that Venice , Italy was in news recently as first city to adopt new policy beginning January 2023 requiring purchase of entry with a dated reservation . Overcrowding is not just a DisneyWorld problem .

I told a Ukrainian friend of mine this story and she said (from her new group home in Germany) that she’s outraged. She thinks her husband would be too, but, well, she hasn’t had contact with him in a couple weeks.
Your attention-seeking tactics and bellitling tone aren't amusing or virtuous. Parents might want to know this, if they're planning to bring their kids.
As someone who understands life-altering devestation because I lost my home and job due to Katrina (and also had to evacuate for Hurricane Ida from my home for almost a month with my preschooler and special needs child, plus didn't see or speak to my husband that entire time because he had so stay behind for work), I'd like to suggest that maybe you shouldn't automatically assume the worst about everyone who posts messages about Disney restaurants on a Disney restaurant board. If you're really concerned about your imaginary friend (or people like her), then please make the world a better place by volunteering instead of trolling the internet.

[@jimmymc: Did the waiter mention if it was all you care to eat? I've heard that it wasn't even though everyone gets the same platter. Either way I think they should be allowed to give you as much bread as you want.]

Are you sure about that? There's nothing on Disney's webpage that says that. It's a fix-prixe meal yes but there's nothing that says AYCTE, Unlimited or otherwise. Honestly if I were to read the description I would assume it's 1 of each although for rolls that's common to refill. None of the blogs call out Sebastian's as AYCTE or Unlimited.

"...this friendly spot offers family-style dishes.

Your meal begins with delicious Buttery House-Baked Pull-Apart Rolls served with Guava Butter and Caramelized Onion Jam. Enjoy a salad appetizer of mixed greens, spiced candied walnuts, grilled pineapple and more before you indulge in the main course—Taste of the Caribbean. This delectable dish lets you savor a selection of favorite recipes, including Oven-Roasted Citrus Chicken, Slow-Cooked Mojo Pork and Grilled Flank Steak, accompanied by Cilantro Rice and Beans, Vegetable Curry and Grilled Broccolini.

Want even more Caribbean flavor? Add an order of Fried Coconut Shrimp with Creamy Chipotle dipping sauce (for an additional fee). But save some room for dessert. You’ll want to treat your taste buds to the exquisite ‘fan favorite’ Coconut-Pineapple Bread Pudding, served with Caramel Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream."

Family style also doesn't mean AYCTE, it just means how the food is presented. At La Hacienda in Epcot the rice and beans were served family style in a bowl to be passed around. We also learned chips were no included any more there they were $6 IIRC.

Sebastian's is also $29 for adults and for Disney that's priced incredibly low, no way would I think I could have unlimited.
After I posted that, I wondered the same thing myself and looked on the Disney website. I noticed that the all-you-care-to-eat verbiage has been removed from a few restaurants' descriptions, such as Garden Grill and 'Ohana. I'm sure that was intentional, but their tradition of family-style meals leaves room for interpretation. We aren't huge eaters and usually don't ask for more than 1 serving, but wanted to go there because we were staying on the Skyliner.

Last edited:
Yes this is horrible but honestly, y'all think Chapek made this policy? Or even had a thought about it? You don't think that maybe it was 20 or so levels below him that did this?

The orders always come from the top. Did Chapek call and tell them only 2 rolls per person? No. Did him and his minions require restaurants to cut cost? Yes. You cut cost by limiting free stuff.

Change is always top down.

[@jimmymc: Did the waiter mention if it was all you care to eat? I've heard that it wasn't even though everyone gets the same platter. Either way I think they should be allowed to give you as much bread as you want.]

After I posted that, I wondered the same thing myself and looked on the Disney website. I noticed that the all-you-care-to-eat verbiage has been removed from a few restaurants' descriptions, such as Garden Grill and 'Ohana. I'm sure that was intentional, but their tradition of family-style meals leaves room for interpretation. We aren't huge eaters and usually don't ask for more than 1 serving, but wanted to go there because we were staying on the Skyliner.
It can be confusing. I think in many places in general one of the only things that does get a refill often is the bread so I can understand that. Honestly there's only been a handful of times we've had more than 2 of whatever bread they bring out when we're at restaurants in general but I don't think I've come across one that wouldn't replace if it legit fell on the floor so I totally get the "really Disney?!" feeling. It doesn't give someone the best impression of the place that's for sure.

We ate at Tusker House and 'Ohana in May, both were AYCTE. I just looked at the menus, I don't see that verbiage on TH's page at all, but 'Ohana still says "All-You-Care-To-Enjoy" on their menus, for both breakfast and dinner.

Not to add fuel to the fire or head towards page 7, but Pillsbury used to sell the exact rolls in the freezer section. I think they stopped. But Pillsbury butterflake crescent rolls are the same dough, just not in the roll shape in case anyone is now craving bread...

Eta: clarifying that when I said same dough, meant as compared to Pillsbury rolls. You can use the dough or rhodes rolls to make similar cloverleaf shaped rolls.

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter