Only CS at DL

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
I keep hearing that DL has better counter service/quick service food than WDW. When I start researching I’m finding little information on the majority of it and if it’s possible to eat decently (little to no hamburgers and chicken tenders) without doing any TS meals. This is my first DL trip and I’m trying to be mindful of my planning and trying to not over plan, but I am worried I’ll get to the “I’m starved and I need to eat soon” stage and have no clue what I’m doing in regards to CS/QS.

Is mobile ordering really as easy as it appears? (they didn’t really have that the last time I was at WDW so I’m new to it.)

Is it similar to WDW and the typical meal times are just crazy and you can’t find a place to sit?

What are some favorites that aren’t normally mentioned? (I already plan on getting a corn dog in DL, but other than that I’m open to ideas!)

I keep hearing that DL has better counter service/quick service food than WDW. When I start researching I’m finding little information on the majority of it and if it’s possible to eat decently (little to no hamburgers and chicken tenders) without doing any TS meals. This is my first DL trip and I’m trying to be mindful of my planning and trying to not over plan, but I am worried I’ll get to the “I’m starved and I need to eat soon” stage and have no clue what I’m doing in regards to CS/QS.

Is mobile ordering really as easy as it appears? (they didn’t really have that the last time I was at WDW so I’m new to it.)

Is it similar to WDW and the typical meal times are just crazy and you can’t find a place to sit?

What are some favorites that aren’t normally mentioned? (I already plan on getting a corn dog in DL, but other than that I’m open to ideas!)
Mobile order is that easy. Download the DL app now and you can start to place an order. It will give you a feel for how to do it, plus, you can familiarize yourself with the menus.

If you search YouTube for favorite/best DL snacks, you’ll find many videos. And snacks includes items that can be a meal (soup bread bowls, soup and sandwiches, kebabs, etc.)

HTH!

We've been doing mobile ordering since it started in what, 2019? Super easy unless you're big about customizing, then it only lets you to a limited degree. We also get cups of water with our meals and there's no way to add that on the app, so we have to remember to ask when we pick up the order.

Some of our CS family favorites: harbour galley clam chowder and lobster mac and cheese, french market fried chicken, Alien Pizza Port chicken or shrimp fusilli, Plaza inn pot roast and chicken pesto alfredo, ronto roasters. In CA Adventure, we line Boardwalk Pizza sometimes (changes seasonally), Cocina Cucamonga, Cozy Cones (changes), Flo's fried chicken and club sandwich, Pacific Warf bread bowls.

We also like the burgers at Galactic Grill and Smokejumpers.

Mobile ordering is the way to go! Very easy, download the Disneyland app and research all the various menus so you get an idea of what you want and from where. However the best food options are in California Adventure!

Mobile ordering is the way to go! Very easy, download the Disneyland app and research all the various menus so you get an idea of what you want and from where. However the best food options are in California Adventure!
Can you add disney gift cards to the DL app to pay for mobile orders? I know it wasn't possible last time we were at WDW- but things always change... Or do room charges if you are at a DL hotel?

Can you add disney gift cards to the DL app to pay for mobile orders? I know it wasn't possible last time we were at WDW- but things always change... Or do room charges if you are at a DL hotel?
Good question! I don’t know about the gift cards. I think but not positive you can link it to your room and they’ll charge the card on file to your room, but I don’t know for sure. We just usually set it up with our Disney visa.

My only complaint about mobile ordering is that you really have to plan early for a CS meal. No waiting until 20-30 minutes before you want to eat. Watch the return times closely, especially if you are hungry.

We've been doing mobile ordering since it started in what, 2019? Super easy unless you're big about customizing, then it only lets you to a limited degree. We also get cups of water with our meals and there's no way to add that on the app, so we have to remember to ask when we pick up the order.

Some of our CS family favorites: harbour galley clam chowder and lobster mac and cheese, french market fried chicken, Alien Pizza Port chicken or shrimp fusilli, Plaza inn pot roast and chicken pesto alfredo, ronto roasters. In CA Adventure, we line Boardwalk Pizza sometimes (changes seasonally), Cocina Cucamonga, Cozy Cones (changes), Flo's fried chicken and club sandwich, Pacific Warf bread bowls.

We also like the burgers at Galactic Grill and Smokejumpers.

My only complaint about mobile ordering is that you really have to plan early for a CS meal. No waiting until 20-30 minutes before you want to eat. Watch the return times closely, especially if you are hungry.

That’s the type things I need to know. LOL I’ve played with the app and have looked at a bunch of menus and it seems easy peasy but I’m always cautious because as with a lot of things in life if it seems too good to be true ot usually is. 😂

That’s the type things I need to know. LOL I’ve played with the app and have looked at a bunch of menus and it seems easy peasy but I’m always cautious because as with a lot of things in life if it seems too good to be true ot usually is. 😂
Not sure how it is at DL, but one other issue with quick service at WDW can be finding a decent table to sit at when it's really crowded. Usually not an issue for the most part, but on that hot day when you really just want to sit inside to cool off, having that reservation in your pocket can be a lifesaver.

I found mobile order quite easy to use last March, but I agree that it can take some planning - often you can't just show up and order. I also had a stressful moment when I needed to modify an order time due to a long ride wait time. But it's well worth looking at what you can order through the app now, before your trip. I liked Bengal Barbecue and Pym Test Kitchen.

Not sure how it is at DL, but one other issue with quick service at WDW can be finding a decent table to sit at when it's really crowded. Usually not an issue for the most part, but on that hot day when you really just want to sit inside to cool off, having that reservation in your pocket can be a lifesaver.
Some places at DL have worse seating situations. Bengal Barbecue has basically no seating and it's amazing. Hungry Bear has tons of seating. My favorite places at DLR have the same or worse seating issues as WDW.

I have not used mobile ordering at Disneyland, but in Disney World, I was easily able to take a photo of the gift card I was paying with rather than having to copy and paste numbers in. It was great since I was ordering for multiple people who were all paying for their own meals.

I don’t eat four-legged animals and try to avoid chicken nuggets as much as possible and I have no problem eating at Disneyland. I am sure other people have sung the praises of jolly holiday bakery, but that is my favorite place. Plaza Inn and Bengal BBQ are also delicious. If they have cream cheese filled pretzels I have no shame eating those for lunch. I also have no shame eating an ice cream sundae for dinner. It is Disneyland and I’m walking my butt off when I’m there so I eat what I want!

I think the only sit down meal we’ve ever done is the blue Bayou and the New Orleans Café, and then Carthay Circle in California adventure. The other eight meals in a 5 day trip would be quick service.

Also, I always make sure I have a Luna or Lara bar in my bag. I’ve never had to eat one when I’m there but they are there just in case. Nobody likes a hungry Skellinton.

Mobile ordering is very easy but finding a table during busy times may be hard. You do need to somewhat time it (the app will give you a return window), so we often check/book while we are waiting in line for a ride.
For our upcoming trip, I didn't make any TS reservations for our day at Disneyland. Much preferred the other dining options.

Since other have answered your Mobile Order ?’s I’ll chime in with my QS faves:

Quesabirria tacos from Cocino Cucamonga in DCA - I live in San Diego and have access to stellar Mexican food. In the words of another DISer, these have no right being as good as they are.

Grilled cheese & tomato bisque from Jolly Holiday - not a grilled cheese person but this is so good.

Any of the bengal BBQ skewers

Red Rose Tavern Tots - craveable

I also love that you can get fresh fruit at almost all of the little carts around the parks - even mango with tajin.

When its open the stuffed potatoes from Troubadour Tavern are also on my list. Pho-ta-toes…

Our favorites are:

Rancho del Zocalo- tacos or enchiladas and a bag of chips.
Pyms Kitchen- the pymini is great!
Flo's- everything we have had is great

Since other have answered your Mobile Order ?’s I’ll chime in with my QS faves:

Quesabirria tacos from Cocino Cucamonga in DCA - I live in San Diego and have access to stellar Mexican food. In the words of another DISer, these have no right being as good as they are.

Grilled cheese & tomato bisque from Jolly Holiday - not a grilled cheese person but this is so good.

Any of the bengal BBQ skewers

Red Rose Tavern Tots - craveable

I also love that you can get fresh fruit at almost all of the little carts around the parks - even mango with tajin.

When its open the stuffed potatoes from Troubadour Tavern are also on my list. Pho-ta-toes…
I could eat my weight in mango covered in tajin so that is a great tip to know. I’ve seen mention of a Queso Birra sandwich. I’m assuming if the tacos are good that would be too?

I have not used mobile ordering at Disneyland, but in Disney World, I was easily able to take a photo of the gift card I was paying with rather than having to copy and paste numbers in. It was great since I was ordering for multiple people who were all paying for their own meals.

I don’t eat four-legged animals and try to avoid chicken nuggets as much as possible and I have no problem eating at Disneyland. I am sure other people have sung the praises of jolly holiday bakery, but that is my favorite place. Plaza Inn and Bengal BBQ are also delicious. If they have cream cheese filled pretzels I have no shame eating those for lunch. I also have no shame eating an ice cream sundae for dinner. It is Disneyland and I’m walking my butt off when I’m there so I eat what I want!

I think the only sit down meal we’ve ever done is the blue Bayou and the New Orleans Café, and then Carthay Circle in California adventure. The other eight meals in a 5 day trip would be quick service.
It’s vacation so I too have had ice cream for dinner before. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter