Only Have One Day

3smithboys

DIS Veteran
DH & I are going on a cruise over Spring Break & have 1 day that we can spend at Disney. We haven’t been in 6 years, so I’m a bit out of the loop with everything. I’ve been trying to read up about G+ and purchasing LL. I know that we can only buy 2. So, DH loves Star Wars and we haven’t been back since SW has been at HS.

We were thinking about spending the day at HS. We would get G+ and buy LL. Is there enough to do for a full day in HS for 2 adults? (We’ve gone in the summed in the past, so always took an afternoon break.) I figured the weather on March would be cool enough that we could go all day long. Are parks going to be open late enough towards the end of March to warrant the cost of a park hopper. (Is it even worth it.) TIA!

I think there is plenty to do.

I would just plan my day at Hollywood and see how it goes. If you do everything fast you could pay and hop to MK, which will be open later.

March can be great for touring -- but sometimes it can be cold and raining. And it can be super-crowded. Your mood about doing two parks could change quickly.

Have a great time!

If you plan to attend all three shows and ride all rides, it’s a full day park. You will need to time your day to get in the shows before they end for the day. And try to book a reservation at Oga’s as that is great for a SW fan. I’d also recommend researching food choices and seeing if you want to book a dining reservation for one meal or not. And ring out if your husband wants to build a lightsaber at Savi’s or a droid.

I think there is plenty to do.

I would just plan my day at Hollywood and see how it goes. If you do everything fast you could pay and hop to MK, which will be open later.

March can be great for touring -- but sometimes it can be cold and raining. And it can be super-crowded. Your mood about doing two parks could change quickly.

Have a great time!
Thank you! We’ve never bought park hopper tickets before (even when we used to take our kids quite often when they were little.) I had no idea that we could add hopper on the fly. That’s great to know.

If you plan to attend all three shows and ride all rides, it’s a full day park. You will need to time your day to get in the shows before they end for the day. And try to book a reservation at Oga’s as that is great for a SW fan. I’d also recommend researching food choices and seeing if you want to book a dining reservation for one meal or not. And ring out if your husband wants to build a lightsaber at Savi’s or a droid.
Thanks! I know we don’t want to do a sit down at HS. We don’t love the sit down restaurants enough to bother with the time it takes. I asked him if he wants to do the lightsaber or droid and he doesn’t… However, he might want to go to Oga’s. I think he’d really like it!

We go pretty often to WDW since we are DVC members so we typically spend our day in just 1 park. It "feels" more relaxing than jumping to other parks and really taking in everything .. stopping for a show here and there to break up juts doing rides or looking at the merch. We really like the slower pace of not having to take it all in at once as Disney can be a pretty unrelaxing time, especially for 1st timers who are trying to pack it all in in 3-4 days!

Genie+ is tricky at HS when parks are crowded, because the popular rides will disappear really quickly. I tend to think of it as paying for an ILL for Slinky, and if I get one or two more, then that’s a bonus.

HS is definitely a full day park if you want it to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter