only one week to go tropical hideaway crowds

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
Going to disneyland with my mom next sunday, happens to be mothers day which wasnt planned. My mom is still recovering from a brain injury so dont know how many rides we will do, but we are certainly looking forward to the food. Just wonderin how have the crowds been at tropical hideaway and how hard is it to get a table? On the first day want to go to plaza inn for dinner. we will get to the grand around one so maybe smoke jumpers for lunch? Maybe it would be better to save tropical hideaway for a weekday, we will be there 5 days. Thanks to the suggestions on this board, going to get autographs this trip.

Depends on the time of day. Midday seems to have the longest line. The dole whips are the fastest part of the line. But if you want dole whip plus the bao or lumpia it’s an extra 10 minutes or so in the middle of the day. My friends dole whip was melting while she waited for bao.

If possible I would have your mom save a table while you are in line.

We actually ate there yesterday and it wasn't bad at all! I got in line around 12:05 while my friend found a table and I was sitting down with our food around 12:15.

Last edited:
We ate there on a fairly busy day about a month ago and I didn't have to wait in line at all, just walked right up. Tables were full near the place where you order, but some were available on the outer edges (closer to Jungle Cruise). We went just before regular lunch time. I think you'll be fine to work it in any day you'd like. The chicken bao was good!

The line is often long but usually moves pretty fast. Make sure you only get in the lines you mean to be in: If you only want Dole Whips then once you have those go straight to the registers and don't merge into the next line for the buns etc (they're good too though). The trick to getting a table is to just have 1 person stalk the tables for groups that are leaving while the other orders.

Also, if you just want Pineapple Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float, you can mobile order from the Tiki Juice Bar and not deal with the lines at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter