Onsite car hire

Disneynutinlondon

<font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t
I seem to remember that there is an on property car hire place. Could someone please remind who and where it is. My sister is joining us next year and only needs to do a short term (4 day hire) compact car hire once we leave. Ideally she'd like to pick up the car from within WDW and do the return at MCO when they fly home.

Thank you :thumbsup2

Alamo is at the Disney Car Care Center. There is a shuttle to pick you up and drop you off. We're picking up our car from there, so hopefully everything will go smoothly! :thumbsup2

ETA we're also dropping off the car at MCO

I've picked up from Alamo/National at Disney Car Care Center and The Dolphin - personally I prefer the the Dolphin as they just give you the car whereas they tried to do more sales at the car care center. However you get the the shuttle to pick you up and take you to the Center as opposed to Dolphin - I usually get a cab to the Dolphin if I'm not already staying at an Epcot resort.

Thank you all .... I knew I could rely on my Dis buddies for a quick response :goodvibes

I've picked up from Alamo/National at Disney Car Care Center and The Dolphin - personally I prefer the the Dolphin as they just give you the car whereas they tried to do more sales at the car care center. However you get the the shuttle to pick you up and take you to the Center as opposed to Dolphin - I usually get a cab to the Dolphin if I'm not already staying at an Epcot resort.

Now picking up at the Dolphin is an even better idea as we're all staying at The Yacht Club so it would be a very easy quick walk for them to pop over to The Dolphin :goodvibes

Done both, at the Dolphin they usualy bring your car round by Valet, you need to jump in , adjust and drive. At the other location you go out to your car in the lot and have as much time as you need to fire up your satnav and get used to a new car. Your choice, but I know what I am happier with!::yes::

Done both, at the Dolphin they usualy bring your car round by Valet, you need to jump in , adjust and drive. At the other location you go out to your car in the lot and have as much time as you need to fire up your satnav and get used to a new car. Your choice, but I know what I am happier with!::yes::

The Valet at The Dolphin will move the car over into the right hand lane to give you the time to adjust etc because they do it for me - you just need to tell the valet person that you'll need them to do this for you when you give them the Rental Car ticket so that they know. There's usually space for them to do that.

I have to get my iphone set up sorted, my antenna on and my magnetic bumper stickers too! LOL well when in Rome and all that! I need time!

Agree having used both prefer the Dolphin

We were picked up by the Alamo Shuttle and taken to Disney Car Care last year then returned our car to MCO. All very easy, however I was more than a little irritated by the hard sell at the desk by the Alamo lady and then her rudeness when we declined. I had booked a compact car (on holiday Autos website a Nissan Versa or equivalent) for myself and DH. She tried to tell us all they had was a Fiat 500 and that it wouldn't be big enough so we would need to upgrade. I pointed out that we had been doing this for years and that the website quoted the Versa. She said they had been very busy and were low on stock, pretty well chucked the keys at us and gave us a bay number which had a Nissan Versa in it after all. Went back in to check that we had the Toll Charge reader to hear the couple behind us thank her profusely, saying that 'they don't tell you that the cars are smaller when you book the car in the UK' as they counted out over $300 in cash! :confused3 Picked up our compact car from Alamo at MCO this year on the 4th of July. Got our choice of compact cars from a long line and picked a Mazda 3 which is fab. No hard sell! :)

Mrs TT

I've just booked for car care centre.

Do you get to have a short drive before you leave the centre.
I'm thinking its my first time in the usa. I can drive auto easy but when I'm sat in the wrong side lol, I'd like a short spin before I hit a main road back to AOA.

We have used the Car care centre a few times and have never experienced any hard sell. They ask if we want GPS/roadside and just say no thanks and we are on our way.

There is no where to drive round at any car rental location that I know of. At the CCC you are straight out on to World Drive which is multi-lane road with a 50mph speed limit so just take it easy on the inside while you a feel for it - everyone can get round you. Before you go make sure you know where the controls are for lights and wipers - you are bound to need them at some point ;)

To be honest it's easier driving on world drive than trying to find your way out of MCO after a long flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter